AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I really think they wanted to give Hulk fans every version of Hulk they could. Having his key scenes be about his intelligence and empathy was great imo. That scene where he talks it out with the previous sorceress supreme was amazing. A situation that couldn't be resolved by violence, that was instead resolved by the hulk talking it out. That's character progression. They had one last movie to flesh him out and give him an arc and I thought they did it well.
I wanted to see the Goddamn WorldBreaker

I can’t believe avatar made that much money. The movie was totally shit.

There's a very brief moment, right before Cap hears Sam and everyone comes back, where he's silhouetted against the background marching forward- beat the fuck up- toward Thanos' entire army all by himself. It's only for a second or two, but that one shot was probably my favorite visual moment of the entire MCU (as a Captain America fan). It was the essence of his character.

When he tightened his shield and squared up on Thanos, I got choked up.

I'm team Iron Man through and through, but man, that was the perfect moment.

Everything led to that battle, and Captain, knowing the odds against him put the world on his back and got ready for war one more time. It was the entire ethos of Captain encapuslated in a single moment. I don't care that these are comic book movies, that was riveting, beautiful stuff.

When he tightened his shield and squared up on Thanos, I got choked up.

I'm team Iron Man through and through, but man, that was the perfect moment.

Everything led to that battle, and Captain, knowing the odds against him put the world on his back and got ready for war one more time. It was the entire ethos of Captain encapuslated in a single moment. I don't care that these are comic book movies, that was riveting, beautiful stuff.
55hwikP.gif

I call it somewhat of a fatal flaw that Cap had. And I am not using flaw in a bad way.

But I think part of Cap always glamorized (maybe that is not the right word) the idea of going it in a losing battle on his shield. Making that big sacrifice was, I think, his view of the ultimate service one could give. So he was never wanting to die but he was certainly willing to and kind of embraced it.

He chastised Stark over that saying he was not the type to make that big sacrifice and ironically it was Stark who ended up doing it in Avengers one and surviving and doing it in AEG and not.

Don't forget the dismantling of the vibranium core in AOU, Iron Man was always willing to make that sacrifice. He was just a different breed than Cap.

I still can't believe they did time travel to write themselves out of this. Seriously the laziest and most cliche thing possible and they did it. So fucking lame

So the time machine was destroyed during Thanos’s attack, so they had to try to use the van, but that was also destroyed by Thanos. So where’d they get the time machine that Cap uses at the end?

They built it. Duh.

I can’t believe avatar made that much money. The movie was totally shit.
It was also in theaters for 9 months.

Considering the money endgame made in a month. I say it already beat avatar in my book.

It was also in theaters for 9 months.

Considering the money endgame made in a month. I say it already beat avatar in my book.

Not so fast, if you take into account inflation and ticket price, the gap is wider than it look.

When I look at the global box office, a trend emerged where Avatar did much better in Europe while End Game did better in Asia.

I remember when Avatar came out all anybody talked about concerning the movie was "It's in 3d!"

I remember when Avatar came out all anybody talked about concerning the movie was "It's in 3d!"
Like we didn’t have 3d before that. People are such fucking sheep when it comes to marketing.

Not so fast, if you take into account inflation and ticket price, the gap is wider than it look.

When I look at the global box office, a trend emerged where Avatar did much better in Europe while End Game did better in Asia.

Avatar also had to be re-released.

Back