Aussie rock appreciation thread

Jimmy Barnes was married to Thai diplomat: In November 1979, Barnes met Jane Mahoney (born 1958 as Jane Dejakasaya in Bangkok, Thailand), the stepdaughter of an Australian diplomat. She wasn't Japanese, she was Thai.
Thank you! That must be him. I guess he sounds a bit like Brian Johnson. I thought the music was a bit more like AC/DC.

Damn! That was 35 years ago! That trip was a blast but I do regret the the focus on partying. I know we missed out on lots of fun and adventure but what are ya gonna do? Dumb 20 year olds are gonna do stupid things.

One day I’ll bring the wife and tour Australia properly.

Cheers from Canada.

Someone has his his wig tied up :):):) ....since when is posting YT vids being "boomers" ????? Did I miss something ? If using Tik Tok or Instagram means not being a boomer , then I'm King Arthur :):):)

Thank you! That must be him. I guess he sounds a bit like Brian Johnson. I thought the music was a bit more like AC/DC.

Damn! That was 35 years ago! That trip was a blast but I do regret the the focus on partying. I know we missed out on lots of fun and adventure but what are ya gonna do? Dumb 20 year olds are gonna do stupid things.

One day I’ll bring the wife and tour Australia properly.

Cheers from Canada.
Do bring wifie along by all means ....hoping she won't be jealous of our "sheilas" in OZ :):)

I was a 2000s kid so grew up in the final era of Aussie "rock".

Seeing as we are all being boomers and linking YT vids, I will post some of the best ones I can think of off the top of my head:

If you like metalcore (or even if you don't), the best Australian "rock" export is without a doubt Amity Affliction:

Their album 'Youngbloods' is my favourite album of all time, but they've got a lot of great songs if you search them on Spotify. Same with Jet and Grinspoon really!

The Vines are a top class Aussie outfit !

A mixed Aus/NZ band including former members of the psych beat band Tol-Puddle Martyrs

Recently revisited the first two Silverchair albums Frogstomp and Freak Show after many many years and i still like them both. Nothing else after that though.

Great to be an Aussie in this wild period.....so many fine talented outfits are invading the music scene all over the world. Iron Blanket sound like Wolfmother meets Airbourne on a dark psyched out nite in the Aussie outback :):):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back