attn: S&P curlz coach needed

Because my gym owners want me to do it. Last year at the same meet the best deadlift under 181 pounds was like 5 plates.

Plus I need to do a meet eventually anyway.. seems like a good place to start.

I see, well best of luck. Sounds like if you just add a little curling in and you should win easily.

out of all the lifts in the world, the bicep curl?

post pics of your gunboats for analysis

This is an MMA site. This thread is a joke. What do max curls have to do with mma?

Everything bro. Have you never curled to escape an armbar?

noc-0401-limiac-erosa.jpg

lol @ this thread

I suggest NOT to do preacher curls. Can fuckup your forearms. This.

P10208041.jpg

I'll go with lots of standing curls, with EZ bar. Heavy ones with cheating, and on deloads strict ones (back to wall). Also it is very good IMO to do extra narrow ones.
Asisstance work: reverse EZ bar curls. That will straighten wrist for sure.

EDIT: look how happy she is

lol @ this thread

I suggest NOT to do preacher curls. Can fuckup your forearms. This.

P10208041.jpg

I'll go with lots of standing curls, with EZ bar. Heavy ones with cheating, and on deloads strict ones (back to wall). Also it is very good IMO to do extra narrow ones.
Asisstance work: reverse EZ bar curls. That will straighten wrist for sure.

EDIT: look how happy she is

She's happy to be a gun boat captain!

If you win, and are allowed to make a speech, please let everyone know how silly it is to have the curl as a competition lift.

I used to make fun of a friend of mine for talks of lat pulldown maxes, I guess I'm the dumb asshole. Stronger strict curl? Maybe Arnold's book...

If you win, and are allowed to make a speech, please let everyone know how silly it is to have the curl as a competition lift.

You know the curl was one of the lifts found in many early powerlifting meets, right? Back when it/they was/were still called "odd lifts".

Back in the old days of Powerlifting it use to be called Odd-Lifts and one of the lifts was the Curl.

Ooo didnt see you post that in the page before my bad.

I see strongman in my gym doind curls. Nothing strange to me.

Update: This bodybuilder at my gym has said he would take me under his wing. Hopefully I can get a 200 lb strict curl by january. We will be meeting saturdays to work on the gunz.

Update: This bodybuilder at my gym has said he would take me under his wing. Hopefully I can get a 200 lb strict curl by january. We will be meeting saturdays to work on the gunz.

His hulking, muscular wing.

1237065_f520.jpg

Good luck on the curl.

When you do a strict curl according to the comp rules it will be significantly more difficult then cheat curls. However, you might want to do some cheat curls followed by negatives to get used to the heavier weights. 2-3 days/weeks 3-4 work sets with 1-5 reps. You can also switch it up with weighted chins which rely on your biceps heavily.

Back