ATTN Canadian D&S Posters: Bill C-51

Zero_Sen

Shodan
Reaction score
If this bill passes, it could spell big trouble for Canadian supplement consumers.

Criticism of natural health products Bill C-51 mounts

Critics feel the bill will outlaw up to 60 per cent of natural health products currently sold in Canada, making many natural health products that have been sold in Canada for decades unavailable for purchase and penalizing parents who give herbs or supplements to their children.

They also argue that the government could designate any natural health product a prescription drug, making it available by prescription only. They say these types of provisions will force small companies out of the market.

Imagine having to go to your doctor for a Fish Oil cap prescription? Now imagine having to go to a pharmacist and pay a dispensing fee on top of the newly-inflated price for your Fish Oil caps?

Now imagine doing that for all your supps.

This is no joke.

Critics point out that this Bill is little more than a cash grab for the pharmaceutical industry, which will assume almost total control over the production and distribution of food supplements and natural remedies in Canada should C-51 pass.

And take note: The cabinet member who drafted and introduced the bill (Tony Clement) has come under fire from journalists who uncovered that he holds a 25% stake in a large pharmaceutical company.

If you are a supplement consumer and you live in Canada, you really should check this website out:

Call To Action - Your Freedom And Health Is At Risk! Bill C-51

I can see it now, people buying bulk materials to make their own supplements.

*pictures backyard aquarium for supply of fish oil ;)

That sucks. Well,atleast the American government isn't the only government that works in the best interests of the corporations.

Critics point out that this Bill is little more than a cash grab for the pharmaceutical industry, which will assume almost total control over the production and distribution of food supplements and natural remedies in Canada should C-51 pass.

And take note: The cabinet member who drafted and introduced the bill (Tony Clement) has come under fire from journalists who uncovered that he holds a 25% stake in a large pharmaceutical company.

Now there's a shock. :rolleyes: I can't help, but I'm pullin for ya man. Damn that's ridiculous.

Nice. Good to know he's thinking with his wallet instead of trying to do his job.

Nice. Good to know he's thinking with his wallet instead of trying to do his job.

isnt that our canadian gov motto?

I dont vote because i dont support our government, too me there all crooks with there hand in the cookie jar. Have we had anyone in the last 20 years who hasnt eventualy stole from the tax payer? anyways, im done ranting :p

Is this before or after we get our five dollar coin?

Wow... thank you for bringing this up... I had never heard anything about this.

I hate going to the doctor so much, I'll probably have to stop taking supps. Might force me to eat better though.

I hate going to the doctor so much, I'll probably have to stop taking supps. Might force me to eat better though.

I'm ordering a major thing of fish oil right fucking now just in case.

6,000 softgels here I come.

I'm ordering a major thing of fish oil right fucking now just in case.

6,000 softgels here I come.

LOL! Just do what Ian did and order 10000000000000000000000 of them and store them in the freezer.

LOL! Just do what Ian did and order 10000000000000000000000 of them and store them in the freezer.

I was thinking of the 10lbs box Revok just got filled with 6,000 of the fuckers. I don't know where the hell I'd store that much though, I have a small freezer.

What if the cops raid my house?

"Hey pal, you got a prescription for this protein powder? No? Turn around please, I'm gonna have to cite you for that."

What if the cops raid my house?

"Hey pal, you got a prescription for this protein powder? No? Turn around please, I'm gonna have to cite you for that."

I'll start selling fish oil on the streets for $2 a pill. I'll be rich.

Could you imagine the epic fishy burp you'd get if all the condom's filled with fish oil pills you're smuggling in your stomach suddenly burst?

Could you imagine the epic fishy burp you'd get if all the condom's filled with fish oil pills you're smuggling in your stomach suddenly burst?

LMAO!!!!

Yeah but your hair would be really shiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back