ATTENTION: s&p old timers

Cujo_Trey

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone care to guess whom I met while "pumping iron" two days ago at the gym?

I was finishing up my legs and shoulders work out when I noticed a white guy, I'm guessing about 5'8-5'9 about 200-210 lbs walk in with a GAMENESS fight shirt on.

Seeing as how I rarely see anyone in the weight room with MMA related clothing
I decided to speak to him before I left. While I was finishing up my lateral raises, I observed the "guy" walk over near me to the dumbbells and begin doing single arm,
dumbbell,
military presses,
with multiple reps,
@
95lbs.

He then progressed on to the either 105 or 110lbs
militarys in one hand.

At this point I was pretty fucking impressed(obviously) and initiated a conversation.
He was a soft-spoken, overall nice guy it seemed.
We shot the shit for awhile and about 30 mins later I put 10 + 10 together to
= 20. I asked and Yes:

It was COACH D!! Anyone remember him?

Needless to say I was somewhat shocked since he seemed to be an agressive rightwing nut at times in the war room.

Not so at all in real life. He offered me a little advice on the finer points of power lifting and I
promised to return the favour in submission grappling, etc.

Guess this just goes to show that personas online, especially in a place such as the War Room can skew interpretation of peoples "real" personalities.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Why does Coach D sound familiar? I don't know him from this board for sure but I've heard the name before.

I don't know how much of an oldtimer you have to be to remember coach d. I'm pretty new, but he only got banned a few months ago. I'm sure he's not that much of an asshole in real life, but he came off as an arrogant prick in most of what he had to say around here. All the same, he offered alot of really good information on training, and you would probably do quite well to take advantage of your opportunity to lift with him.

morganfreeman said:
I don't know how much of an oldtimer you have to be to remember coach d. I'm pretty new, but he only got banned a few months ago. I'm sure he's not that much of an asshole in real life, but he came off as an arrogant prick in most of what he had to say around here. All the same, he offered alot of really good information on training, and you would probably do quite well to take advantage of your opportunity to lift with him.

Kind of like Carnal. :)

morganfreeman said:

he posted on here long before being banned.. thus the "ole timer"
reference.

perhaps not REALLY ole time though.

I learned some things from Coach D. Anyone can get carried away on an internet forum and its not necessarily a reflection of their rreal persona. I know i have.

Coach D is a pretty cool cat.

ahhh I remmber him, we used to argue alot hahaha, where in tokyo were you guys working out? I live in omiya.

Coach D is a good guy. He's really helped me out with making some changes to my routine that have resulted in lots of PR's.

Coach does have some good posts but he also has an extremely abrasive know it all attitude even when he is wrong.

And he also created trouble. Like the time when he made a fuss with someone having a protein coupon code in his sig. Coach wanted only _his own_ coupon code to be the only one on this forums because he said any protein credited to his account would be given to his own webmaster. Bizzare.

Cujo_Trey said:
My official gym is the tokyo golds gym:

http://www.kaminaridojo.com/

I lift at various places though

Ahhhh with ryan bow? I wonder did you come to the omiya free fight at purebread omiya? if so we might have saw each other, I know Ryan drops by the gym from time to time to roll BJJ too. He`s a good guy.

I remember him. I remember those flame wars he had with carnal

Coach D is a great guy. He fixed many holes in my lifting and diet. His forum is in my daily rotation.

He may know his shit, but he always came across as an asshole to me. Apparently, that's just a one of those internet phenomena, though, and doesn't translate to real life.

pbradish said:
Coach D is a great guy. He fixed many holes in my lifting and diet. His forum is in my daily rotation.

What is his forum anyhow? Much as I hate to admit it, it sucked when he was banned. He was a real jackass, but did have some good knowledge.

Sean S said:
What is his forum anyhow? Much as I hate to admit it, it sucked when he was banned. He was a real jackass, but did have some good knowledge.

www.mmaathletes.com

The site has lots of good info.

Back