Atlas just picked Cintron

I'd like to see Kermit win this just to shake up the division and make it even less clear cut, but I'm thinking Margarito will take him out before the final bell

[ Saw him against David Estrada and Feliciano and both of those guys hit him at will. And when things aren't going his way, you can see it on his face that he is not mentally durable. You can't be a mental midget when you are fight Margarito. He will eat you alive.

I agree that he was easy to hit against both those guys but against Feliciano he badly injured one of his hands, and gutted out a very tough fight with one hand...I like Margarito as well, but its not fair to call Cintron a mental midget. The fact that he is fighting someone that knocked him out in the 2nd round (i think) again says something about his character

5th round I believe...but yeah, Cintron is ballsy.

If you have a bar room brawler like Feliciano from time to time hit you at will and trouble you, you are going to have problems. If you fall to the canvas, grimace with pain, and on the verge of crying, it shows the lack of mental durability. Cintron has improved technically (better use of jab, better defense), but he still wing looping shots and keeps his left hand low leaving him susceptible to Margarito's right. Plus, we do not know what kind jitters he still has getting obliterated like he did in his first fight with Margarito.

As for Margarito, I believe he is hungry. He was out-hustled by Williams. If he started early, he would have won the fight. I believe he learned his lesson and blasted Golden Johnson early. Though he is only 30, he has little time left (esp. in this division - he started at 16 and the way he fights). I feel he is going to start early and put Cintron's ass under fire. Plus, Margarito is durable. He ate shots from Cintron in the first fight and walked right through them. And his competition has been more stiff since they last fought (Paul Williams and Joshua Clottey). The best fighter Cintron fought was a spent David Estrada. Wooo... Knocking out a guy who has been knocking out cans in Argentina doesn't impress me.

Margarito by mid-round KO

Yeah, I like quoting myself and rubbing it for those who didn't believe me.

Damn straight. I was also fucking happy when I was right about the fact that the Fuck Face Frietas would yield and quit under the pressure of Juan Diaz.

One of my friends owe me dinner because of my prediction.

I've been watching Friday Night Fights for as long as I can remember. When it comes to picking fights Teddy's sucks at it. Most recently picking Sultan over Wald. I almost want to bet strictly on the fighter he doesn't pick.

After BHop beats Calslappy next week, I'll win the prediction contest yet again.

When it comes to picking fights Teddy's just outlandish. He picked sultan over vlad, katsidis over casamayor, and now cintron over margarito. Cintron was scared from the get-to.

When it comes to picking fights Teddy's just outlandish. He picked sultan over vlad, katsidis over casamayor, and now cintron over margarito. Cintron was scared from the get-to.

I thought Katsidis over Casamayor wasnt a bad pick. Especially after how Casa looked against Santa Cruz

I've been watching Friday Night Fights for as long as I can remember. When it comes to picking fights Teddy's sucks at it. Most recently picking Sultan over Wald. I almost want to bet strictly on the fighter he doesn't pick.

Teddy always picks against the Klitschko's. Wlad could be fighting Zuri Lawrence and Teddy would probably comment on how since Zuri has no KO's, the law of averages indicates he'll get one against Wlad.

Teddy atlas picked michael spinks over tyson as well.
He said he will ko tyson in the first round. Due to Tyson's fears.

Teddy atlas picked michael spinks over tyson as well.
He said he will ko tyson in the first round. Due to Tyson's fears.

Teddy has a bit of a bias regarding Tyson fights though...

I love Teddy Atlas but man this guy is always wrong with his predictions.

Im going to start betting on the opposite fighter of who he picks.

Atlas' tirades after bad decisions are more entertaining.

Back