Atlas just picked Cintron

mschatz

Hamma: I has it
Reaction score
Teddy Atlas just said he's betting on Cintron to beat Margarito this weekend. Thoughts?

Cintron is the guy to bet in this fight, if youre going to bet. No shock.

It should be a good fight. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of them won.....

...which is why you bet Cintron, because this isn't a 50/50 fight, line wise.

Cintron needed Margarito to KO him the first go round. Cintron thought he was a complete fighter and Margarito showed him what were then his limitations.

Since then Cintron's gotten much more polished, especially in his underrated defense, while Margarito is the same fighter he was the first time.

Kermit's probably going to stop him. I like Tony, he's a tough guy, but I don't see him lasting.

Margarito is relentless, but I think Kermit's marked improvement and training with Manny Steward will pay off with a stoppage-dude hits like a fucking train.

Cintron needed Margarito to KO him the first go round. Cintron thought he was a complete fighter and Margarito showed him what were then his limitations.

Since then Cintron's gotten much more polished, especially in his underrated defense, while Margarito is the same fighter he was the first time.

Kermit's probably going to stop him. I like Tony, he's a tough guy, but I don't see him lasting.
kermit has made a leap in ability,much respect for trying to beat the guy that beat him

kermit has made a leap in ability,much respect for trying to beat the guy that beat him

I have to agree. I have a lot of respect for people trying to avenge losses like that.

If you have a bar room brawler like Feliciano from time to time hit you at will and trouble you, you are going to have problems. If you fall to the canvas, grimace with pain, and on the verge of crying, it shows the lack of mental durability. Cintron has improved technically (better use of jab, better defense), but he still wing looping shots and keeps his left hand low leaving him susceptible to Margarito's right. Plus, we do not know what kind jitters he still has getting obliterated like he did in his first fight with Margarito.

As for Margarito, I believe he is hungry. He was out-hustled by Williams. If he started early, he would have won the fight. I believe he learned his lesson and blasted Golden Johnson early. Though he is only 30, he has little time left (esp. in this division - he started at 16 and the way he fights). I feel he is going to start early and put Cintron's ass under fire. Plus, Margarito is durable. He ate shots from Cintron in the first fight and walked right through them. And his competition has been more stiff since they last fought (Paul Williams and Joshua Clottey). The best fighter Cintron fought was a spent David Estrada. Wooo... Knocking out a guy who has been knocking out cans in Argentina doesn't impress me.

Margarito by mid-round KO

Only chance I see Cintron winning this fight is if Cintron is able to blast Magarito early with heavy shots and hurt him. That's if Margarito doesn't light his ass on fire early. While Margarito is durable, he is not totally indestructible. He has been knockdown by Perez and was stunned by Diaz. But once Magarito gets his rhythm going in the mid-rounds, I find it very difficult to see Cintron taking the fight in the later rounds.

Margarito eats his soul again. Atlas ain't no soothsayer.

I'm not Tony fan but he's taking this one. It think he'll smother Cintron all night and outwork him getting a TKO late.

he also said judah would rise to beat pbf; i respectfulluy disagree, it could happen..just don't think it will..but it could

Margarito also has the big advantage of knowing that he could KO Cintron, which Cintron also knows.

he also said judah would rise to beat pbf; i respectfulluy disagree, it could happen..just don't think it will..but it could

yea...its Teddy and his east coast fighters. He loves em.

Margarito is relentless, but I think Kermit's marked improvement and training with Manny Steward will pay off with a stoppage-dude hits like a fucking train.

He didn't look too good in his last fight.

Back