Atlas just picked Cintron

He didn't look too good in his last fight.

I tend to believe the Feliciano fight was designed to draw some attention and increase Kermit's potential drawing ability. In Feliciano they knew they had a guy who didn't hit hard enough to really put Kermit in danger, but had a crowd pleasing style that Kermit could work with and gain some more fan interest from.

Neither he or Margarito are draws as of yet, so they had to find a way to build more interest in seeing one of them fight. Not to mention that there's been constant talk of a potential Kermit-Cotto fight in PR or NY, and even though Cotto's already a draw if they can get more interest behind Cintron we're talking about a HUGE live and ppv gate.

I want to see this fight so fucking bad. As well as the other fights this Saturday. Instead I have to work. I have Cintron winning this time anyhow, and hopefully by brutal KO.

Didn't any of you guys see Cintron's last fight?

**EDIT**

Reading past the first page shows that you have. As you were.

Wasn't boxrec showing Cintron having a fight with Clottey 2 weeks after the Feliciano fight?

they keep stiffing my boy clottey. He will get his shot in due time though.

I don't know I'll go Margarito. I know Cintron has improved but last time he got beat very solidly. Has he really improved that much?

It's not a fool's bet like Gomez on Cotto, but it's not a good bet IMHO. Cintron's saving grace is his KNOCK YOU DEAD power, but it looks like Magarito walked through his shots in their first fight. In fact, the more I look at Cintron's record, the less impressed I am. Other than Margarito, Cintron hasn't fought anyone significant.

Cintron has a chance, but I'm still taking tony

yessir.

Brad Morris is a regular in the strength and power forum, and is making his UFC debut. He's from Australia, so we are wearing these avs in support. Beautiful, aint it?

I can't see why people aren't giving Cintron a shot here. The guys looked better and better since the first fight.

I can't see why people aren't giving Cintron a shot here. The guys looked better and better since the first fight.

Defense and jab, yes. But has he fixed the factors that got him in trouble the first time, no.

Defense and jab, yes. But has he fixed the factors that got him in trouble the first time, no.

That depends on whether or not you believe Cintrons excuses for the first fight.

Don't believe in the excuses. Saw him against David Estrada and Feliciano and both of those guys hit him at will. And when things aren't going his way, you can see it on his face that he is not mentally durable. You can't be a mental midget when you are fight Margarito. He will eat you alive.

And while he has better footwork and uses his jab more, his defense still isn't great. He can roll punches, but god damn, he ate a lot of right from Estrada and Feliciano. Keep your left hand up, damn it.

Cintron is greatly improved since the last meeting with Magarito and I think margarito may have lost half a step. That being said Margito didnt just beat him he ANIHILATED HIM. Itll be MUCH more competitive but I think Margarita has enough in the tank to pull this one out...

I love Atlas but his picks CAN be shaky...he picked Judah over Mayweather, Mayorga over DLH, etc...

[ Saw him against David Estrada and Feliciano and both of those guys hit him at will. And when things aren't going his way, you can see it on his face that he is not mentally durable. You can't be a mental midget when you are fight Margarito. He will eat you alive.

I agree that he was easy to hit against both those guys but against Feliciano he badly injured one of his hands, and gutted out a very tough fight with one hand...I like Margarito as well, but its not fair to call Cintron a mental midget. The fact that he is fighting someone that knocked him out in the 2nd round (i think) again says something about his character

Back