At what point in a relationship does divorce seem like it wont ever happen?

Probably when one person cheats then the one who got cheated on looks over and says...

Ill never leave ...weve come to far for this to end...we just have to work on it. Thats the ultimate sign youll never ever get out of it.

That or if one person uses the kids against the other. The child trap.

Ive seen both scenarios play out. Never pretty and usually just best for both to part ways. Some say divorce is not the answer, i disagree. Sometimes its absulutely the best thing to do for everyones sanity and time.

Dont know how often ive heard the....ive just learned to live with it line...or...im just waiting till my kids are out of the house or old enough...

Sad.

I probubaly have over a hundred cards from different females professing thier never ending undieing love for me.

Yet they still all gone.

These hoes throw the “I’m gonna love you forever” card out way to easy.

Told the last one that shits lost meaning I’ve heard it before. That was probably the start of the downward. Slope lol.
Honestly though. And I don't ask them to profess their undying love. But if you're gonna lay it on that heavy, shit at least hang around a year or two.

When it becomes too expensive to divorce her.

After observing marriage I’m confused on “won’t ever happen” I’ve seen 10 year relationships dissolve with everything to lose.

“I Do” are shallow words these days generally speaking.

Well both my parents were married in their early 20's and they're coming up on 50 years married... so at this point, I like their chances.

Last edited:
Here's an idea I am trying to push.
In today's environment marriage should be more like a lease. The initial contract is a trial period of three years, which does NOT automatically renew at the end of the contract. If you choose to renew it can be for either a 3 or seven year term. However, if you choose three again, you're likely sending up red flags. There should also be a 'child' clause of 20years.

My wife and I have been together for over 40 years, married for 30. We got engaged around year 3, but waited to marry until we felt comfortable we were ready. We lived together for 2 years, so all was good by then. We're still best friends, there's nobody I'd rather hang out with.

That's awesome!!!

Lol, is that the bunny boiler?! You bugger!
No, I was going with this.
gf511-cx1-rings.jpg
I have no idea what movie this image is from.

Here's an idea I am trying to push.
In today's environment marriage should be more like a lease. The initial contract is a trial period of three years, which does NOT automatically renew at the end of the contract. If you choose to renew it can be for either a 3 or seven year term. However, if you choose three again, you're likely sending up red flags. There should also be a 'child' clause of 20years.

The 'Wedlease' is an interesting concept that has been around for a decade or so. I am not convinced of the efficacy of it to be honest. Seems to me people are looking for a way to do something they can already do, but don't have the balls to suggest to their significant other.

Most states already have 'cohabitation agreements' that can address nearly everything a short term marriage contract would, but without a defined term. How does injecting a short term marriage contract between cohabitation agreements and marriage make anything better?

Divorce does not have to be particularly expensive or difficult if both parties are in agreement. And if parties are diametrically opposed, I don't see how a short term marriage contract would reduce litigation. Marriages with 'iron clad' prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are already routinely litigated. Given the litigious nature of our society, short term marriage contracts seem like a good way to make lawyers more money.

What we need is more people sacking up, having the hard conversations, and entering into cohabitation agreements before taking the final step into marriage.

one should really make up that decision before marriage, as its a real bond, not something to undertake on a whim

That's easy for people when they believe that they're spending the rest of their life with the hottie who likes giving BJ's and is fun to be around or the fit, athletic guy who holds doors and is romantic.

Tell me how that works out for people when the wife's a porker and not interested in dick and would rather post on Facebook then go out or the husband is bald with a beer gut, his chivalry is dead, and he farts at the dinner table.

Throw kids into the mix and the awesomeness of the dating phase can die in a hurry. If nothing changes and the relationship is like the dating phase that's awesome. Most people don't get to have that.

I suppose that depends on the people. I have always taken my vows seriously. I don't think they are just words. My wife and I are on a journey. It includes ups and downs. Good and bad. You have to be committed for the ride.

We've been together 21 years.

I'd be lying if I said she felt the same way. I assume if she was unhappy for a long time she would divorce. Thats never been an option for me though. We're at a very stable and good time in our marriage now. Kids are 15 and 13. We've been doing really well in COVID lockdowns. Its brought us closer.

I assume the next big challenge will be when the kids head off the school. We will start being husband and wife again instead of just mom and dad. We will need to reinvest in ourselves and each others interests. I'm pretty laid back and easy. Shes a go getter and likes to be active doing stuff all the time. It will most likely fall to me having to bend to her way.

I've watched it probably 20 times, it's when she's cutting up the coke. And her name's Sandy.

Prime Debi Mazar really, really did it for me. Can't quite put a finger on why, but dang man. Same with prime Fairuza Balk. Both of them outside my normal flavor palate, but drove me crazy nonetheless.

Prime Debi Mazar really, really did it for me. Can't quite put a finger on why, but dang man. Same with prime Fairuza Balk. Both of them outside my normal flavor palate, but drove me crazy nonetheless.
Debi's still pretty damned hot. I watch a cooking show with her and her husband in Tuscany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back