At what point in a relationship does divorce seem like it wont ever happen?

Both my wife and I are over 50. With the purchase of a new home, we've been chewing on each other more than our normal. With most of the work done, it doesn't seem to be a passing phase.
We can't sell the house (as it would represent too great of a financial loss) and my wife has slim employment opportunities. Yet it has been in discussion. Never say never.

Financial stressors definitely play a role. Particularly if one party was the key driver of the event that caused the financial stressor. Good Luck to you both.

If the new home is the cause of the financial stress, and was primarily your wife's doing, you might look for some constructive ways to express your rage at that and forgive her. Particularly if she is not feeling very contrite about it at the moment. If it was primarily your doing, you would not believe how impactful a simple acknowledgement and some acts of contrition might be. If she was the one driving it, and bowed down with a sincere mea culpa and offered ways to make amends, imagine how much of your steam that might release.

Hope it works out for you guys.

Keep her orgasming regularly, and at least pretend to be interested in her stuff, and she will never divorce you.

If you are a real man and not a fuckboy, you won't divorce her once she has had your kids.

The above rules do not apply to American women, who are famous for being spoiled brats. At least in other cultures, divorce still carries a bit of stigma, in the US it seems like a rite of passage.

All of this. It seems most people have to be married once or twice by 30's. Women especially see it as a right of passage the first husband is like a first boyfriend doesnt really mean anything. . Marriage is a joke nowadays, trying people on until one fits.

Believe it or not, there is a productive window to hedge your bets. Statistically, marrying in your late 20's to early 30's produces measurably lower divorce rates.

2016-10-06-Age-and-divorce-rate-graph-1024x878.jpg

I find this fascinating. People who marry for the first time at 45 just as likely if not more to divorce than people who marry for the first time at 17. I guess it makes sense. Wait long enough to know what the fuck you want, but not so long that you don't give a shit what the other person wants.

I am also religious and live in a fundamentalist community, and am in the right age. in my world the divorce rate is single digits or barely double

After years of extensive research I have concluded that going to work is the most common way to acquire money.

It is not. It is investing, getting a form of passive income. Working on your body and wearing the pants. NEVER let your wife ´´throw you out´´ again

Ahaha, your eye is well in the detail.
But now for the first time I'm wondering what guinea pig tastes like.

I went to a hedgehog petting cafe in Thailand and fuck me, for the smallest things their balls are gigantic.
Guinea pig done right tastes excellent.

Believe it or not, there is a productive window to hedge your bets. Statistically, marrying in your late 20's to early 30's produces measurably lower divorce rates.

2016-10-06-Age-and-divorce-rate-graph-1024x878.jpg

I find this fascinating. People who marry for the first time at 45 just as likely if not more to divorce than people who marry for the first time at 17. I guess it makes sense. Wait long enough to know what the fuck you want, but not so long that you don't give a shit what the other person wants.
Wait long enough to know what you want , but not so long all the really good women aren’t locked down yet ..

My ex’s have become progressively worse people as time goes by once you get to know the real them.

Guinea pig done right tastes excellent.
There were Guinea pigs in the hedgehog place too but not half as fun.
When I get home I'll send you the Facebooky thingy with the hedgehog balls.
What does Guinea pig taste like?

What milestone, what year etc

Also asking those of you married several times or those who are over 50 and have been with the same person for decades

Statiatically you are not likely to divorce if you have made it this far, in fact you are more likely to die (rip) then divorce if you make it so far

The short answer is never say never. From 2012 - 2019 one of my main practice areas was family law, and I had the occasional divorce for clients following a long, LONG term marriage. In 2014 I worked on a file where my client was 78 years old, his wife was 71 years old, and they had been married 43 years. They had one son that was about 36 or so, and two grandchildren around ages 7-10. They were farmers with about 1300 acres of land. And yet even with all that, their marriage ended in divorce. Wife walked away with about $2.8 million. My guy gifted his equity in the land to their son and walked away with about $100k left in the bank. He died in early 2020 more or less broke.

What milestone, what year etc

Also asking those of you married several times or those who are over 50 and have been with the same person for decades

Statiatically you are not likely to divorce if you have made it this far, in fact you are more likely to die (rip) then divorce if you make it so far

As my mom and I joke, divorce is for white people <45>

The short answer is never say never. From 2012 - 2019 one of my main practice areas was family law, and I had the occasional divorce for clients following a long, LONG term marriage. In 2014 I worked on a file where my client was 78 years old, his wife was 71 years old, and they had been married 43 years. They had one son that was about 36 or so, and two grandchildren around ages 7-10. They were farmers with about 1300 acres of land. And yet even with all that, their marriage ended in divorce. Wife walked away with about $2.8 million. My guy gifted his equity in the land to their son and walked away with about $100k left in the bank. He died in early 2020 more or less broke.
Hmm this does not speak well towards your prowess as a lawyer

Hmm this does not speak well towards your prowess as a lawyer

Lmfao!

So the value of all their assets was roughly $5.5 million or so. The wife wanted her half, while the husband just wanted to keep the farm intact to leave to their son, to take over the family farm. The wife was a real cunt and had basically disowned their son by the time that she declared she wanted a divorce from my guy. So what ended up happening was the son went to the bank to get a loan to buy the whole 1300 acres from my client and his wife for about $2.9 million, which was considerably less than market value. My guy was OK with basically walking out of the transaction with only $100k as the son said he would let my guy live for free on the homestead for as long as he wanted, while the wife wanted nothing but the cash. In an ideal world they could have just physically separated (the wife had already gone into an old folks home by the point that she hired a lawyer to handle her divorce) and agreed to just leave their respective interests in the land to their son when each of them died, but since the wife seemingly hated the son even more than she hated the husband that was a non-starter in the settlement negotiations.

Right before you start planning a murder.

Interesting. I am an atheist, which actually bodes well for me. Atheists and Catholics have the lowest divorce rates, at 21%. Christians at 27%. And the real shockers are Jewish (30%) Muslim (31%) and Protestants (34%) .

https://www.maselliwarren.com/2014/05/29/religions-most-likely-to-get-divorced/

Depends on country. Much lower for muslims in muslim countries or certain communities. Also Orthodox Jews have last I recall 10% or single digit divorce rate.
Lmfao!

So the value of all their assets was roughly $5.5 million or so. The wife wanted her half, while the husband just wanted to keep the farm intact to leave to their son, to take over the family farm. The wife was a real cunt and had basically disowned their son by the time that she declared she wanted a divorce from my guy. So what ended up happening was the son went to the bank to get a loan to buy the whole 1300 acres from my client and his wife for about $2.9 million, which was considerably less than market value. My guy was OK with basically walking out of the transaction with only $100k as the son said he would let my guy live for free on the homestead for as long as he wanted, while the wife wanted nothing but the cash. In an ideal world they could have just physically separated (the wife had already gone into an old folks home by the point that she hired a lawyer to handle her divorce) and agreed to just leave their respective interests in the land to their son when each of them died, but since the wife seemingly hated the son even more than she hated the husband that was a non-starter in the settlement negotiations.

She sounds evil I wonder what drove her to file for divorce. In these old cases I read about its always the guy. I knew a woman whose husband left her and he went the gold digger route

Oh, anecdotally my wife’s grandparents separated after 59 years of marriage, when her grandfather was 88 and her grandmother was 83. After all that time they decided they hate each other.
<Fedor23>

For me, once I decided to marry her. She felt a lot less obligation than I did, I can tell you that lol.

My wife and I have been together for over 40 years, married for 30. We got engaged around year 3, but waited to marry until we felt comfortable we were ready. We lived together for 2 years, so all was good by then. We're still best friends, there's nobody I'd rather hang out with.

Back