• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AT&T & Comcast to give $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees because of tax bill passage

Employees appreciate unexpected money, believe it or not.

I get a 1000 bucks for longevity each year where I work and I use it to buy myself something cool.

I don't get why you guys try so hard to make it look like a bad thing.

That's a lot of money to buy something cool with. What did you get the last few years? I have a friend who buys drum or recording equipment every year with his tax return. When we were younger, he'd always use it on a new tattoo.

LOL

The bill literally does the exact opposite.

Those who take advantage of deductions are the ones who will pay more.

While the vast majority - who take the standard deduction - will pay less.
Huh? I never claimed the bill would do anything.
But to be clear the details have yet to be explained anywhere, in fact most of the puppets who voted for it have admired they don' know exactly what is in the bill they just wanted to do "something" .
Mark my words this will sink their majority in the Senate and probably the House as well.

I honestly believe these partisan posters here do not even unerstand the difference between effective tax rate and statutory tax rate and how deductions, loopholes and net income is calculated.

To your above post of “huh”.

Again, the vast majority of people claim a standard deduction. The standard deduction is being increased.

The rich own property. Property tax deduction is now capped at 10,000. As it should be. Middle class Americans don’t pay 10,000/year mortgage interest/property tax. The rich do.

It’s shocking to me how anyone could be upset that working class people who don’t have these deductions are now able to keep more of their own money while those who are holding large sums of real estate are now not nearly as subsidized on the backs of them.

Do tell - what specifically has you so pissed off about this bill!?

Again, the vast majority of people claim a standard deduction. The standard deduction is being increased.

The rich own property. Property tax deduction is now capped at 10,000. As it should be. Middle class Americans don’t pay 10,000/year mortgage interest/property tax. The rich do.

It’s shocking to me how anyone could be upset that working class people who don’t have these deductions are now able to keep more of their own money while those who are holding large sums of real estate are now not nearly as subsidized on the backs of them.

1. I'm a home owner, I file jointly and have 2 kids, I have student loan debt. I have state income tax in CO. I will pay about 1700 more under the new plan for federal income tax. By 2027 I will pay much more.

2. Any tax bill that does not get thoroughly vetted and scored by the CBO should not even get tabled for debate let alone a vote.

3. Any bill that does not have at least some bipartisan support or debate is disgusting and absolutely not what is supposed to happen under a two party system.

4. The sunsets in this bill eliminate nearly all middle class tax advantages you are implying by 2027.

5. Not a single loophole was eliminated for corps who already pay 8% effectively in many cases.

6. It adds to the debt drastically and tax cuts in a booming economy have no proof of positive outcome in the history of the U.S.

7. More ammunition for ss and Medicare cuts.

8. Eliminating the ACA mandate.

....I could go on but....
Do tell - What specifically doesn't have you so pissed off about this bill?

Wait till they see the taxes. I was hyped when my bonus was 5k this year. It ended up adding only 2.2k to my paycheck. Certainly better than nothing but how can one not feel gyped seeing half of their bonus vanishing in thin air? Companies shouldn't even show us gross pay. It just pisses us off.

$1000 is a paltry sum of money, hardly enough for a month's worth of rent in most places. Not to mention that by offering it as a bonus it will be taxed more heavily than if they would have had the decency to offer these people actual raises.

Corporations are not your friends. Fuck anyone itt propping up att and Comcast. You people are fucking retarded for taking their bait

$1000 is a paltry sum of money, hardly enough for a month's worth of rent in most places. Not to mention that by offering it as a bonus it will be taxed more heavily than if they would have had the decency to offer these people actual raises.

Corporations are not your friends. Fuck anyone itt propping up att and Comcast. You people are fucking retarded for taking their bait
{<redford}

Huh? I never claimed the bill would do anything.
But to be clear the details have yet to be explained anywhere, in fact most of the puppets who voted for it have admired they don' know exactly what is in the bill they just wanted to do "something" .
Mark my words this will sink their majority in the Senate and probably the House as well.

Guess who ends up Senate budget chair, if the dems take back the senate?

Bernie fucking sanders, that's who.

I hate to say it. I really do. But I'm leaning towards swallowing my pride and voting straight ticket Democrat until the Republican party is gone.

It's not that the democrats are better people or that they don't cheer behind the scenes when tax bills like the recent one are passed(they and their donors benefit just as much as the republicans) but they're clearly not as bad overall. It's a tiny difference but it's there. And if we can remove this ridiculous notion that there's some great disparity between the two parties by outright removing the republicans from ever being a consideration, it might just create a party or parties that actually do offer a true alternative rather than picking ruling elites over ruling elites.

Last edited:

How about giving a tax break to the corporations that have sent jobs overseas for decades now?

Just speaking from experience here. Washington state has given the two largest tax breaks in US history to Boeing. Boeing stock is 300$ a share right now. They have cut 10,000 jobs since there last tax break.

Trickle down economics is such a proven and failed policy, it is laughable.

Member when Trump used to rail against shipping jobs overseas and said he would stop it. Well it looks like once again he is full of shit, and decided to reward those turn coat traitors, instead of holding them accountable.

I don't get trump supporters today. If you wanted bush's policies, why didn't you guys just vote for Jeb?

Neo-cons running foreign policy, and trickle down economics. You could have had that without damaging conservative branding of family values, by electing a new york, used car salesman, that has probably done more coke off of hookers tits, than the whole war room combined.

How about giving a tax break to the corporations that have sent jobs overseas for decades now?

Just speaking from experience here. Washington state has given the two largest tax breaks in US history to Boeing. Boeing stock is 300$ a share right now. They have cut 10,000 jobs since there last tax break.

Trickle down economics is such a proven and failed policy, it is laughable.

Member when Trump used to rail against shipping jobs overseas and said he would stop it. Well it looks like once again he is full of shit, and decided to reward those turn coat traitors, instead of holding them accountable.

I don't get trump supporters today. If you wanted bush's policies, why didn't you guys just vote for Jeb?

Neo-cons running foreign policy, and trickle down economics. You could have had that without damaging conservative branding of family values, by electing a new york, used car salesman, that has probably done more coke off of hookers tits, than the whole war room combined.
dhMeAzK.gif

It absolutely blows my mind that neocons have managed to low-key continue setting the course for Republicans after all the Bush years. There's a lot of people who are really stupid

I hate to say it. I really do. But I'm leaning towards swallowing my pride and voting straight ticket Democrat until the Republican party is gone.

It's not that the democrats are better people or that they don't cheer behind the scenes when tax bills like the recent one are passed(they and their donors benefit just as much as the republicans) but they're clearly not as bad overall. It's a tiny difference but it's there. And if we can remove this ridiculous notion that there's some great disparity between the two parties by outright removing the republicans from ever being a consideration, it might just create a party or parties that actually do offer a true alternative than picking ruling elites over ruling elites.

This is why I still don't regret my verbal support for trump. What pisses me off the most is seeing him be just as status quo as Clinton would have been, with a bunch of theatre and circus, to make it appear he is anything but status quo.

I have no doubt that trump will cause a wave election back to the democrats, but I am questioning whether people will recognise that trump really hasn't done anything that isn't status quo.

This is why I still don't regret my verbal support for trump. What pisses me off the most is seeing him be just as status quo as Clinton would have been, with a bunch of theatre and circus, to make it appear he is anything but status quo.

I have no doubt that trump will cause a wave election back to the democrats, but I am questioning whether people will recognise that trump really hasn't done anything that isn't status quo.
Which makes it interesting that him being elected still manages to shock the system on a routine basis. I hate that every single action of his is ridiculed by the left as "literally Hitler", but it at least means when he and the republicans pass anything it gets put under a microscope. Hopefully though the left will stop bitching about shit that Trump says or what he may do and be more vigilant about the things he actually does do.

They won't notice because he will continue to say one thing and do something else and the people who should holding him to some sort of standard (Conservative Media) will continue to provide damage control and telling his base what he is doing is exactly what he promised he would do, MAGA.

Lol there's no winning with some people

He's not wrong. Many people mistake me for being anti-capitist, because I am so anti-corporate.

Capitalism is about competition.

Corporations as they are constructed today, are the antithesis of capitalism, by that definition.

The amount of investment it takes to match the efficiency of our major corporations, removes competition.

The only real competition that exists today is from a corporate body of one sector like Google invading another sector like car manufacturing. This is because only a bohemoth like google has the capital to compete with auto manufacturers.

Toyota and Ford don't really compete. Actually producing the best quality, cheapest product, is bad for their profits. Why would they sell a car for 8,000$ that will last 20 years, when they can collude in planned obscelscence and sell cars for 20,000$ that last 10 years?

It's not that the democrats are better people or that they don't cheer behind the scenes when tax bills like the recent one are passed(they and their donors benefit just as much as the republicans) but they're clearly not as bad overall. It's a tiny difference but it's there. And if we can remove this ridiculous notion that there's some great disparity between the two parties by outright removing the republicans from ever being a consideration, it might just create a party or parties that actually do offer a true alternative rather than picking ruling elites over ruling elites.

No.

You are just playing the same old game of, "Kick those bums out!" knowing in your heart that the replacements are bums too.

He's not wrong. Many people mistake me for being anti-capitist, because I am so anti-corporate.

Capitalism is about competition.

Corporations as they are constructed today, are the antithesis of capitalism, by that definition.

The amount of investment it takes to match the efficiency of our major corporations, removes competition.

The only real competition that exists today is from a corporate body of one sector like Google invading another sector like car manufacturing. This is because only a bohemoth like google has the capital to compete with auto manufacturers.

Toyota and Ford don't really compete. Actually producing the best quality, cheapest product, is bad for their profits. Why would they sell a car for 8,000$ that will last 20 years, when they can collude in planned obscelscence and sell cars for 20,000$ that last 10 years?
I absolutely agree. I'm pretty anti-corporate and by a hardcore right wingers definition, I'm sure I'm also anti-capitalist.

The idea that the immediate observation made when a company does something good is that people must be getting screwed is a little funny

No.

You are just playing the same old game of, "Kick those bums out!" knowing in your heart that the replacements are bums too.
No. I'm playing the "turn half the bums extinct in order to turn the fight to the other half of the bums" long game. Because quite fucking clearly, if Obama's presidency is considered a "success"(it wasn't), they're all fucking bums and they all need to be thrown out.

Let's just make things easy and do one party at a time. And we'll start with the worst one.

No. I'm playing the "turn half the bums extinct in order to turn the fight to the other half of the bums" long game. Because quite fucking clearly, if Obama's presidency is considered a "success"(it wasn't), they're all fucking bums and they all need to be thrown out.

Let's just make things easy and do one party at a time. And we'll start with the worst one.

That isn't how it works.

At all.

It is naive to think otherwise.

Back