AT&T & Comcast to give $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees because of tax bill passage

Everyone is not getting a tax cut, and in the long term most people are getting a tax increase.

Who is not getting a tax cut outside if those not paying taxes?

The only way people are getting a tax increase long term is if the dems allow it.

I think it's a good thing that they're doing this. I'm sure it means a lot to many families out there.

However, I do question the motives.

The 2 companies reporting this bonus are the 2 that were pushing for, and benefit the most from killing net neutrality. They are also likely trying to repair their image as that left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Who is not getting a tax cut outside if those not paying taxes?

People living in high tax states for next year (overall roughly 7% is being predicted) and over time it's like 80% of people because of the way the brackets are indexed.

The only way people are getting a tax increase long term is if the dems allow it.

It's hilarious to see this bullshit partisan narrative pop up. If the bill operates as written people's taxes go up and it takes a special kind of hack to blame Democrats in the future. Maybe the GOP write a bill that doesn't need to be saved by Democrats?

People living in high tax states for next year (overall roughly 7% is being predicted) and over time it's like 80% of people because of the way the brackets are indexed.

It's hilarious to see this bullshit partisan narrative pop up. If the bill operates as written people's taxes go up and it takes a special kind of hack to blame Democrats in the future. Maybe the GOP write a bill that doesn't need to be saved by Democrats?
I honestly believe these partisan posters here do not even unerstand the difference between effective tax rate and statutory tax rate and how deductions, loopholes and net income is calculated.
Sad, but there are 20-30% of voters who will support and parrot the right wing propaganda without a single thought of their own. It is epitomized here. The GOP has slit their own throats with this bill and the fawning and support of trump. The mid terms will be a slaughter the likes of the tea party movement and 2020 could see a Democratic administration, house and Senate. This bill will be repealed and replaced with a tax cut for the mc.

It is laughable that the right seems to think they understand this bill that has not even been vetted by the CBO. It is disgusting to think that the GOP would pass a bill they have so little knowledge of the details.
Even more laughable that team tiki torch think they understand it!

I thought the deficit was bad but this tax cut does nothing to address it.
Basic economics 101. When economy is booming you don’t cut revenue.
We are governed by dummies.

AT&T could have given their employees the bonus without the tax increase but they are doing this for PR reasons

I thought the bill was going to kill people?

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...-att-to-give-1000-bonuses-to-more-than-200000

AT&T on Wednesday hailed Congress’ passage of tax cuts and announced it would invest an additional $1 billion in the United States next year, and pay a one-time $1,000 holiday bonus to more than 200,000 U.S. employees.

OMG Trump is literally genociding all the black lesbian unicorns!!! You want proof? Look outside? See anything suspicious??? Like exactly ZERO fucking black lesbian unicorns!!!
I will howl at the moon like a total low test cuck every night this week or until my moobs reach D cup size!

WITCHCRAFT ARREAGRGRAEFAEFEATRAEFFFRRGGGG!!!!

I thought the deficit was bad but this tax cut does nothing to address it.
Basic economics 101. When economy is booming you don’t cut revenue.
We are governed by dummies.

LOL, I would act like I knew anything about economics if I were you. You are talking about THE FED GETTING REVENUE.
If I am rich and you want to super tax me, what am I going to do? Invest in tax free securities and shit.
If I am rich and you don't super tax me, what am I going to do??? I am going to try to multiply my money in a way where more taxes are ultimately collected and jobs are made.

How many JOBs have higer taxes ever created??? Zero.

But yeah, Econ101 prof, prattle on!

LOL, I would act like I knew anything about economics if I were you. You are talking about THE FED GETTING REVENUE.
If I am rich and you want to super tax me, what am I going to do? Invest in tax free securities and shit.
If I am rich and you don't super tax me, what am I going to do??? I am going to try to multiply my money in a way where more taxes are ultimately collected and jobs are made.

How many JOBs have higer taxes ever created??? Zero.

But yeah, Econ101 prof, prattle on!
You missed the point. I never said super tax anyone, I said don’t cut taxes in a booming economy. When economy is doing well it’s time to pay off old bills.
You don’t cut taxes in a booming economy. I keep hearing politicians yelp about the deficit but they keep adding to it.
Also trickle down never works. They just tried it in Kansas and have screwed their state up.

I honestly believe these partisan posters here do not even unerstand the difference between effective tax rate and statutory tax rate and how deductions, loopholes and net income is calculated.
Sad, but there are 20-30% of voters who will support and parrot the right wing propaganda without a single thought of their own. It is epitomized here. The GOP has slit their own throats with this bill and the fawning and support of trump. The mid terms will be a slaughter the likes of the tea party movement and 2020 could see a Democratic administration, house and Senate. This bill will be repealed and replaced with a tax cut for the mc.
For sure, I see errors like how a tax refund works (seriously?). And I'm reading the same thing, that the GOP is in huge trouble in 2020. Maybe the terrible tax bill is like raiding the kitchen on the way out knowing you're done either way.

AT&T could have given their employees the bonus without the tax increase but they are doing this for PR reasons

Except they didn't.

We'll just add this to the liberals list of things that magically could have happened under Obama, but didn't (defeating Isis, etc) happen until Trump took office.

Except they didn't.

We'll just add this to the liberals list of things that magically could have happened under Obama, but didn't (defeating Isis, etc) happen until Trump took office.

Not being educated is a helluva drug

Also it would be mildly funny to see these bonuses knock someone into a new tax bracket.

I'll gladly take any bonus that puts me in a new tax bracket. Why wouldn't you want a bump to the next tax bracket? You only pay that rate once you've hit that amount for the year.

Except they didn't.

Lol@ Isis being defeated
You tiki torch carriers are priceless!
But I'm sure you'r one of the fine people from each side!

That's a really mindblowing talking point and defense of the bill. The bill contains a provision that will raise most people's taxes. There's no dispute about that. Will Democrats regain Congress and the WH at some point and write and pass a better bill? We can all hope, but that's hardly a defense of it.

LOL

The bill literally does the exact opposite.

Those who take advantage of deductions are the ones who will pay more.

While the vast majority - who take the standard deduction - will pay less.

Back