Aspen Ladd tells us to use our brains a little bit.......

Except she missed weight 2 weeks ago and the fight got cancelled while having had a full camp...Isn't that what this is all about?

Girls missed weight 4 times, once in Invicta and 3 in the UFC if you count the Jessica Eye late "illness" pullout. Every time she misses weight it's apparently not her fault, like last time, she had her period and that's why she missed weight. I have watched every pro fight she's had on or right after it happened and i'm a fan of her the fighter, but she says a lot of dumb shit (not so much this one, don't hate the player hate the game) but she's getting hard to be a fan of.

My Pick History: Aspen Ladd

10 Predictions · 9 - 1 (that's all her pro fights)
Oh, I didn't mean specifically her case only.
I just think that any fighter picking up a fight on short notice should be allowed (or at least not penalized) for missing weight... within reason, of course!
I recall fighters who had to lose a huge amount of weight in a short time. That was not only dangerous, but obviously affected them in the fight. (One example out of my mind was Chad Mendes against Conor, but there are plenty of other examples).

I understand fighters should not gain an unfair advantage (by being heavier), but isn't the lack of training camp an unfair advantage to the opponent? Maybe allow some % of the weight, relative to the amount of time they had to prepare.

But yeah, missing weight after a full camp should be unacceptable. Especially if multiple times.

didnt read beause wmma & this gall,wasnt she the one who was unprofessional and didnt evne make weight not so long ago? couldnt care less what she has to say,lolololololololol! let alone watching this shit show fight....

didnt read beause wmma & this gall,wasnt she the one who was unprofessional and didnt evne make weight not so long ago? couldnt care less what she has to say,lolololololololol! let alone watching this shit show fight....
As far as i know she missed weight 3 times (1 time in Invicta 2 times in UFC) and almost died making the weight vs GDR (where she got TKO'd 16 sec into the fight). This woman and weight doesnt go hand in hand. But apparently she got a big brain (unlike us).. maybe thats why she has problems making weight? :D

The weigh-ins will be more interesting than the fight.

Great way to win some fans there Aspen. Miss weight more than once....look terrible on the scale....then tell people that WE should use our brains a little bit.

Talk about arrogance.

Jebediah%20Atkinson%20I%20Am%20Not%20a%20Fan.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/10/14...0-headliner-was-not-reward-use-your-brain-mma

"We were the ones that were ready to take it,” Ladd told MMA Junkie. “I mean, you’ve got to use your brain a little bit there – a little bit of deductive reasoning. After the last one, you think they called me first? No, they called other people, and it’s a dangerous opponent on short notice. Nobody else took it. We did, so we get the opportunity.”

Great way to win some fans there Aspen. Miss weight more than once....look terrible on the scale....then tell people that WE should use our brains a little bit.

Talk about arrogance.

Jebediah%20Atkinson%20I%20Am%20Not%20a%20Fan.jpg

I don't actually get what she said wrong. Surely she's talking to the journo who asked the question and telling them to use their brain a little bit. That she isn't getting rewarded, because last time in her weight cut she messed up massively.

She's admitting she's down the list.

I dunno.

I don't get the issue here. She sounds more embarrassed than arrogant. Imagine what she thinks when someone asks her 'why are you getting rewarded with a main event' or whatever, knowing the UFC and Dana are pissed with her.

Anyway.

Last time out she stopped the most boring fighter in the UFC, Yana, from a full 15 minutes of tedium. So credit her that.

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/10/14...0-headliner-was-not-reward-use-your-brain-mma

"We were the ones that were ready to take it,” Ladd told MMA Junkie. “I mean, you’ve got to use your brain a little bit there – a little bit of deductive reasoning. After the last one, you think they called me first? No, they called other people, and it’s a dangerous opponent on short notice. Nobody else took it. We did, so we get the opportunity.”

Talk about arrogance.

Your opinion doesn't matter to her. You are just a meat-sack to Aspen Ladd. She'd slaughter you and feed your carcass to her dogs...to save on dog food. She fights because she seems to enjoy hurting people. I kind of like those types of fighters.

Jarl

Jesus just like a typical woman telling us how to think. Being a MMA fan equates to using no brains ffs. Just bleed bitchezzz!!
<{JustBleed}>

Sherdoggers vigorously mocked her when she complained about it.
I remember. Her argument was weak. And she lead with the "if I was a man" argument. That wasn't gonna win her any favor with the commission. Even though it was valid. They stop lady fights at some terrible time routinely.

I just can’t get over the fact she played the Woman card to the commission after getting floored by GDR. And the fact she has these weight issues.

She’s telling me to use my head while she doesn’t have the common sense to move up?? Same champ, while cutting less weight. If you have all these weight issues it can’t be healthy, or her being in prime shape for the fight.

Only one of us is using their head, and it isn’t her.

Uhh, am I the only one that read the article and realize there's absolutely nothing arrogant about what she said? She's basically stating that they didn't call her first, and people pissed about her getting a main event spot after missing weight should use their brains to understand WHY she's getting the shot. She didn't claim she deserved it, she didn't claim she's entitled to it. I wasn't a fan before, but now I am. Aspen "Use Your Brains" Ladd is my new favorite WMMA fighter.

I’m with ya.

Back