Askren set to wrestle the 2nd ranked 189lb guy for TEAM USA at the end of the month.

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
He is gaining some weight because he is wrestling the number 2 ranked 189lb guy from Team USA at the end of the month, so he needs to put some size on before the match.

askrenfoster.png

askrenfosterstats.png

Last edited:
ONE FC already out of opponents for him?

He is gaining some weight because he is wrestling the number 2 ranked 185lb guy from Team USA at the end of the month, so he needs to put some size on before the match.

askrenfoster.png

askrenfosterstats.png

Exciting. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Askren wins. Would love to see a Ruth-Askren showdown too.

Exciting. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Askren wins. Would love to see a Ruth-Askren showdown too.

I have a hard time seeing Askren being able to pull off the win here, but as he showed with Quinten Wright it is never smart to count him out. If Askren wins Dake, David Taylor, or Ruth would all be awesome matchups.

no one can legitimately say that Ben Askren is afraid of challenging himself against the best or is taking an easy route, he clearly loves to compete and compete at the highest levels that he is capable of/presented with

i really hope we do get him in the ufc

Love that shot at Hendricks, lol

I have a hard time seeing Askren being able to pull off the win here, but as he showed with Quinten Wright it is never smart to count him out. If Askren wins Dake, David Taylor, or Ruth would all be awesome matchups.

I was a little more impressed with how he did against Herbert.

As wrestlers we do see how he is pulling off these wins.

We see him going up in weight and beating really good people over and over again. I think some of the early doubt was we forgot how good he really was.

I think one day we might start thinking too far the other way. If he keeps doing this one of these days he is going to lose because of how far removed from the sport he is getting. Then people will start saying he really was not that good.

Asken was special in a Wade Schalles kind of way.

Last edited:
I was a little more impressed with how he did against Herbert.

As wrestlers we do see how he is pulling off these wins them.

We see him going up in weight and beating really good people over and over again. I think some of the early doubt was we forgot how good he really was.

I think one day we might not start thinking too far the other way. If he keeps doing this one of these days he is going to lose because of how far removed from the sport he is getting. Then people will start saying he really was not that good.

Asken was special in a Wade Schalles kind of way.

Very special Herbert was an awesome win but to me what makes his last few wins so special is the fact of how long he has "been removed" from the sport. His ability to still take out some of the very top guys the sport has to offer while going up a weight class to do it is unimaginable considering all the time he spends focusing his athletic training on things that aren't wrestling. If he was wrestling full time, i'd have him over Foster easy, for time being i'm left entering the matches with the mindset "he has to be too far removed.....right?" but yea the guy is unreal.

Is this match going to happen on the ruleset of folkstyle or freestyle wrestling?

The OSU/Hendricks dig was pretty funny. I like that Askren stays active wrestling in between fights. I still want Kyle Dake to accept his challenge now that he's healthy.

How is that a funny dig at Hendrix? When was there an opportunity for Hendrix to fight him, which I noticed Ben called "wrestling" even though it would have been an MMA fight. Kind of lets you know why Bellator released him. And while doing arguably one of the most important matches of his life, he still has UFC on the brain. He clearly is bitter as fuck that he isn't fighting there and had to move to Asia because his pride wouldn't allow him to fight at a place Dana suggested would be best for him.

But this will be my only comment. He should get credit for accepting this challenge and I will let his fans enjoy that. But the dig on Hendrix was stupid and I wanted to address that and I don't even like Hendrix.

How is that a funny dig at Hendrix? When was there an opportunity for Hendrix to fight him, which I noticed Ben called "wrestling" even though it would have been an MMA fight. Kind of lets you know why Bellator released him. And while doing arguably one of the most important matches of his life, he still has UFC on the brain. He clearly is bitter as fuck that he isn't fighting there and had to move to Asia because his pride wouldn't allow him to fight at a place Dana suggested would be best for him.

But this will be my only comment. He should get credit for accepting this challenge and I will let his fans enjoy that. But the dig on Hendrix was stupid and I wanted to address that and I don't even like Hendrix.

I think he believes Dana wouldn't have signed him if he did as Dana asked.

Back