Askren set to wrestle the 2nd ranked 189lb guy for TEAM USA at the end of the month.

Love that shot at Hendricks, lol

Maybe if he showed the slightest interest in fighting in the UFC we'd see it. Askren just reminds me of Cyborg.

Keeps talking about the UFC, does literally nothing to get in the UFC.

winning 14 fights, capturing belts in two different organisations, being on a decent 4 fight finishing streak and regularly challenging the [then] current ufc champion to a fight is 'literally nothing' towards getting into the ufc? what rubbish.

the guy has 4 more fights on his current contract, do you expect him to be holding regular meetings with dana and lorenzo to get into the ufc? he is one of the best fighters in the world in his division, remember when that used to be enough? lol...

if the ufc offered him a contract at the end of the One FC term he would sign it no problem, but they won't will they

Maybe if he showed the slightest interest in fighting in the UFC we'd see it. Askren just reminds me of Cyborg.

No he wouldn't have. Dana didn't want him in. When will people stop spreading this lie?

How is that a funny dig at Hendrix? When was there an opportunity for Hendrix to fight him, which I noticed Ben called "wrestling" even though it would have been an MMA fight. Kind of lets you know why Bellator released him. And while doing arguably one of the most important matches of his life, he still has UFC on the brain. He clearly is bitter as fuck that he isn't fighting there and had to move to Asia because his pride wouldn't allow him to fight at a place Dana suggested would be best for him.

But this will be my only comment. He should get credit for accepting this challenge and I will let his fans enjoy that. But the dig on Hendrix was stupid and I wanted to address that and I don't even like Hendrix.

He is referencing to wrestling WAY back to his senior year of college. Hendricks beat Askren twice in high school; Both went on to be stud college wrestlers, winning national championships at back to back weight classes (most would be shocked to hear Askren was the heavier of the two weight classes). The National Wrestling Coaches Association holds a big invite only all-star meet; Askren called out Hendricks for the meet to avenge his high school days and Hendricks turned the match down.

But yea all the challenges made to him since then are borderline empty, but he has challenged him to a wrestling match a couple of times over the recent years, but Hendricks not doing those are no surprise given where he is at. The college all-star duck job was pretty legit, but yea it was a long time ago and is mostly as you already know a way to keep in the spotlight.

According to Askren, after a good meeting with UFC President Dana White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta at ZUFFA headquarters, he thought landing a contract with the Las Vegas, Nevada - based promotion would be a no-brainer.

However, a few hours later, Askren received the call that White and Co. just weren't interested. And according to Ben, that decision had nothing to do with his skill set, or lack thereof, but more-so with the fact that Dana can't get over his quarrels with Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

Ben Askren lands two-year, six-fight contract with ONE FC, blames 'immature' Dana White for not signing with UFC

You make these kinds of stupid posts over and over again.

No he wouldn't have. Dana didn't want him in. When will people stop spreading this lie?

It's basically just one person saying it over and over. ujustgotchaeled, and he's been schooled on it many times, basically just stops posting then parrots this shit a few days later.

dudes a real loser.

You make these kinds of stupid posts over and over again.

And then prove it by posting recent Askren quotes talking trash about Dana and the UFC. Or do you conveniently forget the part where I source Dana saying with a few wins he could find himself in the UFC, and Askren acts like Dana is treating him like a slave and tells Dana he doesn't need him ... then continues to act as if UFC fighters are ducking him.

Bye.

It's basically just one person saying it over and over. ujustgotchaeled, and he's been schooled on it many times, basically just stops posting then parrots this shit a few days later.

dudes a real loser.

You're just a moron. I don't say it, I source it.

"I think if he keeps winning, he could get a shot over here," White said during the UFC 177 media scrum

In 2013 he had a 2 year 6 fight contract. He could have gone to the UFC easy after it was over.
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/9/5...-contract-with-one-fc-dana-white-immature-mma

In 2014 he said he may retire when the contract ends.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/2...s-signing-with-one-fc-may-retire-when-deal-is

Can you tell me what in any of that hints to you Askren has the slightest interest in fighting in the UFC?

Last edited:
Ben has no respect for Dana because he blatantly lied about him. That is all you are seeing in those tweets. He doesn't grovel.

Ben has no respect for Dana because he blatantly lied about him. That is all you are seeing in those tweets.

I don't care who lied to who, what I see in the tweets is someone who has zero interest in signing with the UFC. Whether he was interested back in 2013 is pointless, we are no longer in 2013.

I don't care who lied to who, what I see in the tweets is someone who has zero interest in signing with the UFC. Whether he was interested back in 2013 is pointless, we are no longer in 2013.
Then you should get your eyes checked. It's patently obvious that Ben's issues are with how Dana White handled the situation. He made it very clear that he wanted to fight in the UFC once he left Bellator and had a meeting with Zuffa to work out a deal.

If he doesn't want to fight in the UFC why does he constantly @ufc @danawhite. Since 2013 it's clear he has zero interest. I would argue he never had any serious interest and I blame both Askren and Dana for it.
A person who has zero interest fighting in the UFC doesn't go to Zuffa HQ in hopes of working out a deal. Ben was practically begging the UFC to sign him. You are incredibly stubborn.

Last edited:
Then you should get your eyes checked. It's patently obvious that Ben's issues are with how Dana White handled the situation. He made it very clear that he wanted to fight in the UFC once he left Bellator and had a meeting with Zuffa to work out a deal.

A person who has zero interest fighting in the UFC doesn't go to Zuffa HQ in hopes of working out a deal. Ben was practically begging the UFC to sign him. You are incredibly stubborn.

In 2013, or 2014/2015? A person with zero interest in the UFC, and an interest in money would absolutely do that. Then as soon as they got a great offer elsewhere they would not have any interest in the UFC any more.

What actually happened can never be determined, but there are definitely scenarios where Askren tries hard to get into the UFC, but never actually cares about being in the UFC, and fighting the best guys.

This was comment.

If you claim my comment is wrong, show me what Askren has done LATELY (any time in the past year) that shows he has the slightest interest in the UFC, other than namedropping them for attention.

In 2013, or 2014/2015? A person with zero interest in the UFC, and an interest in money would absolutely do that. Then as soon as they got a great offer elsewhere they would not have any interest in the UFC any more.

What actually happened can never be determined, but there are definitely scenarios where Askren tries hard to get into the UFC, but never actually cares about being in the UFC, and fighting the best guys.
Ben Askren wanted to fight in the UFC. The UFC denied him that opportunity. Those are the facts. Since then, Dana has lied about Askren's desire to fight in the UFC. On top of that, he initially said that Ben wasn't even good enough to compete in the UFC to begin with (which Ben mocked when they signed CM Punk). All of these comments have made Askren dislike Dana White. That is why he is constantly taking shots at him while he rides out this two-year contract with OneFC. If he still remains obdurate once this contract expires and it cost him a deal with the UFC, then that's on him, but I still wouldn't hold it against him after Dana smeared him in public. It's one thing to call someone boring or criticize their style, but to blatantly lie like Dana did and insinuate that Askren is a pussy is as dishonest as they come and highly disrespectful to a competitor of Askren's nature (something Dana would know little about). I would have a hard time working for someone like that, especially if you have other lucrative options who treat you with respect on the table.

If you claim my comment is wrong, show me what Askren has done LATELY (any time in the past year) that shows he has the slightest interest in the UFC, other than namedropping them for attention.
Askren is signed to OneFC for the next year. When he was a free agent, he expressed interest in fighting for the UFC. They denied him that opportunity.

Ben Askren wanted to fight in the UFC.
Or did he want to fight where he would make the most money, and thought it was the UFC.

The UFC denied him that opportunity. Those are the facts. Since then, Dana has lied about Askren's desire to fight in the UFC.
They absolutely did, and it made me mad. Dana may be lying, or he may believe what he says, who knows.

On top of that, he initially said that Ben wasn't even good enough to compete in the UFC to begin with (which Ben mocked when they signed CM Punk).
He did not say good enough, he said too inexperienced. He was clearly trolling, part of it was Askren's smack talk against UFC fighters, part of it was UFC/BFC conflict.

All of these comments have made Askren dislike Dana White. That is why he is constantly taking shots at him while he rides out this two-year contract with OneFC.
What does saying Hendricks is ducking him have to do with Dana? He is doing way more than taking shots at Dana.

If he still remains obdurate once this contract expires and it cost him a deal with the UFC, then that's on him, but I still wouldn't hold it against him after Dana smeared him in public.
Dana has already said he doesn't care that Askren has "talked a lot of shit".

It's one thing to call someone boring or criticize their style, but to blatantly lie like Dana did and insinuate that Askren is a pussy is as dishonest as they come and highly disrespectful to a competitor of Askren's nature (something Dana would know little about). I would have a hard time working for someone like that, especially if you have other lucrative options who treat you with respect on the table.
So then Askren is not interested in being in the UFC, which is exactly what I claimed. You are agreeing with me, yet somehow at the same time saying I am wrong.

Askren is signed to OneFC for the next year. When he was a free agent, he expressed interest in fighting for the UFC. They denied him that opportunity.
Which has nothing to do with 2014 and 2015.

Nothing in your post showed Askren has any interest in fighting in the UFC, and you in fact confirmed what I said, which is that it seems he doesn't. Thank you for agreeing with me.

So then Askren is not interested in being in the UFC, which is exactly what I claimed. You are agreeing with me, yet somehow at the same time saying I am wrong.
No, I laid out a scenario where if Askren is still bitter and chooses to stay with OneFC, I wouldn't blame him.

You are dense.

Nothing in your post showed Askren has any interest in fighting in the UFC, and you in fact confirmed what I said, which is that it seems he doesn't. Thank you for agreeing with me.
He was interested when he was a free agent. Now he is signed with OneFC. I don't know why this is so hard for you to follow. Do you expect him to suck UFC dick while he's under contract with another promotion?

What does saying Hendricks is ducking him have to do with Dana? He is doing way more than taking shots at Dana.
He has been beefing with Johny since their wrestling days.

No, I laid out a scenario where if Askren is still bitter and chooses to stay with OneFC, I wouldn't blame him.

You are dense.
Which would make me correct, not dense. If he has no desire to join the UFC ... then he has no desire to join the UFC. You keep saying things that prove me right, and then after proving me right say I am wrong.

He was interested when he was a free agent. Now he is signed with OneFC. I don't know why this is so hard for you to follow. Do you expect him to suck UFC dick while he's under contract with another promotion?

He has been beefing with Johny since their wrestling days.
Which was 2013, and had literally nothing to do with my comment, that he has shown zero interest in joining the UFC in the past year. All your replies are "He may not want to join for reasons x, y, and z, and you are dense for saying he doesn't want to join".

Except every post you make confirms what I said. How about you show ONE thing that shows Askren has any interest in joining the UFC in the past year.

Back