Opinion Ask Me Anything About American Organized Crime

The kid who rubbed out "Frankie Boy" Cali earlier this year, how long do you think he will actually last in prison before they get to him? Cali was THE BAWSE. No way they let that kid live.

He will probably be incarcerated in a protective unit so they may never get to him.

Where the hell did they stick Jimmy Hoffa?

What do you know about the midwest, particularly the St. Louis area? For such a criminal type area I've always wondered if OC has a foothold here.

Would the average mobster make more money working a 9 to 5 job?

Sorry, I'm not as familiar with Canadian-based OC groups.

Fine. I'll get it go this time.

Johnny Pops was a Hamilton gangster, got caught up in the French Connection and did time. He was made by the Buffalo crime family. Died from a bullet to the head in hi s70s, most likely ordered by the Montreal mob.

What do you know about the midwest, particularly the St. Louis area? For such a criminal type area I've always wondered if OC has a foothold here.

There was a very small family that operated in St. Louis but aside from a few old guys that may still be kicking around they are almost entirely defunct. St. Louis, like Milwaukee and all families west of the Mississippi River, were supervised by the Chicago Outfit (family).

Fine. I'll get it go this time.

Johnny Pops was a Hamilton gangster, got caught up in the French Connection and did time. He was made by the Buffalo crime family. Died from a bullet to the head in hi s70s, most likely ordered by the Montreal mob.

From what I understand, they (Hamilton/Toronto) weren't completely independent of Buffalo, who more than likely supervised their activity. Like Montreal, I am uncertain as to what extend any American family has over them currently.

From what I understand, they (Hamilton/Toronto) weren't completely independent of Buffalo, who more than likely supervised their activity. Like Montreal, I am uncertain as to what extend any American family has over them currently.

Johnny Pops, from Hamilton, moved into Toronto, and started muscling lots of the big loadsharks and bookies.

He made a name for himself in Toronto when he beat one of the city's largest and most well known bookies (a jewish guy named Max something) half to death at the Grande Hotel. Noone would put the finger on him so his rep grew. But, after that … he just couldn't get control of Toronto.

Since then, we've had some Italian gangsters but not like NYC or Chicago.

What's the relationship like between the Russian and Italian mafia in the US?

Chechen mafia is the toughest one in the world pretty much if not counting corrupt goverment mafia lol

i used to work indirectly for the rus mafia in st pete as a teen and by indirectly i mean the people i worked for payed them protection money

Sorry off topic but i had a nostalgic moment

Is it true that you never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut?

I go back and forth and I like aspects of it better. Gun to head 1 is better but it's arguable. But the two are at the top of all time great movies.

Godfather 1 and 2 are GOAT for sure. I love A Bronx Tale too. One of the best movie scenes ever:

How do they recruit people and who joins the mon nowadays? I think it'd be cool to join up til the 80s and then things got tight. I don't see joining today as a good thing.

Godfather 1 and 2 are GOAT for sure. I love A Bronx Tale too. One of the best movie scenes ever:

Great one too. And we can't forget Goodfellas.

Scarface is my cheesy but fucking awesome go to.

Always read about NYC families having territory in Florida. How does that work? What do they do down there?

Back