Opinion Ask Me Anything About American Organized Crime

Arashikage4Life

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's in the title, basically. Any questions you have about organized crime, direct them here. I research it in my spare time and it's become a sort of hobby of mine. I should mention that I am focusing mainly on "La Cosa Nostra," or Italian-American organized crime groups. Any discussion about other ethnic crime groups will only be in their relation to LCN.

Hopefully, it leads to some good discussion. Ask away.

It's in the title, basically. Any questions you have about organized crime, direct them here. I research it in my spare time and it's become a sort of hobby of mine Hopefully, it leads to some good discussion. Ask away.

Does Donald Trump really think he can instruct his cronies to defy congressional subpoenas or will they eventually be forced to testify?

Is Trump attorney Michael Cohen really a “Rat” or was he simply telling the truth in regards to mafia boss Donald Trump?

What's the relationship like between the Russian and Italian mafia in the US?

Detail the relationship between Meyer Lansky have and James Angleton?

It's in the title, basically. Any questions you have about organized crime, direct them here. I research it in my spare time and it's become a sort of hobby of mine. I should mention that I am focusing mainly on "La Cosa Nostra," or Italian-American organized crime groups. Any discussion about other ethnic crime groups will only be in their relation to LCN.

How powerful is the italian mob on the international stage today? Use the strongest one of them all as a metric to gauge with.

Also i have found myself explaining to many Americans that at their peak, the Italian mob in Montreal was significantly wealthier and more powerful than the 5 families in New York. Is this correct or incorrect?

Who is the real Teflon Don?

John Gotti
Donald Trump

Rank the ethnic mobs in terms of wealth and power throughout American history in relation to the Italian mob. Jewish mob, Irish mob, Dixie mafia, Russian mob, Triads, Yakuza, black mob, Greek mob, and others. Please and thanks.

If the Italian Mafia was so strong in culture and tradition, how was John Gotti able to instantly transition them into "don't touch" territories such as the drug trade as well as accepting of his flamboyant style?

If the Italian Mafia was so strong in culture and tradition, how was John Gotti able to instantly transition them into "don't touch" territories such as the drug trade as well as accepting of his flamboyant style?

who is/was the more ruthless consigliere. Sammy the bull Gravano or Paul Manafort?

who is/was the better consigliere. Sammy the bull Gravano or Paul Manafort?

Damn lol. Toughest question I've seen in the WR all week. Gotta go with The Bull on this one. At least he heard voice recordings of being trashed by The Teflon Don before he rode under the bus, and had literally killed people (lol). Then ended up getting back into crime at the grandpa ages. Paul just got in over his head and got exposed.

Damn lol. Toughest question I've seen in the WR all week. Gotta go with The Bull on this one. At least he heard voice recordings of being trashed by The Teflon Don before he rode under the bus, and had literally killed people (lol). Then ended up getting back into crime at the grandpa ages. Paul just got in over his head and got exposed.

But Pauly committed crimes even after he was jailed. Witness intimidation ain’t no joke. I’m with ya though, I give the edge to Sammy the Bull.

But Pauly committed crimes even after he was jailed. Witness intimidation ain’t no joke. I’m with ya though, I give the edge to Sammy the Bull.

That is true too, committing crimes POST-Jail is like, next level of badassry. Such disdain for the system automatically puts him at 49% to Sammy's 51% at minimum.

What's the relationship like between the Russian and Italian mafia in the US?

Typically, the respective ethnic organizations are generally distinct but they will occasionally collaborate on certain rackets. For example, a New York mobster (Michael Franzese, who later "renounced" his status as a mobster and now does public speaking tours) worked with the Russian mob in the 1980s in a "gasoline tax" scam where they collaborated to steal millions of dollars in revenue from the state and federal governments through fraudulent gasoline sales. As far as conflict is concerned, most criminal organizations determine that there is more money to be made when conflict is avoided so they tend to stay out of each others' way. As a general rule, most of their victims and clientele belong to the same ethnic groups, neighborhoods, and/or economic class as the criminal organization in question.

That is true too, committing crimes POST-Jail is like, next level of badassry. Such disdain for the system automatically puts him at 49% to Sammy's 51% at minimum.

The life is engrained in Pauly but at least Sammy got out of it for a time. Like you said though, he jumped back in later in his older years which makes me think Sammy is also “bout” that life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back