• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asian guy blames his race for getting rejected to most IVYs

And you guys want your ivy leagues to be full of a bunch of students who are just average with no flair but have just studied.

Asian students are known as big time collusionists.

I dont normally aupport these things but the elite schools to separate the plebs should run some kind of intelligence/practical tests. They do for certain apprenticeships.

Last edited:
How can you call yourself an elite school if your students are not ?

The worst part of this is how they lump together all Asians together as if they are the same. There is a huge difference between the average first generation Korean and a first generation Hmong. The Hmong literally did not have a written language until they came to this country. They obviously don't have any advantage. And it is downright racist to treat for diversity purposes that having 100 Japanese is the same as having 10 hmong, 10 Viets 10 Koreans etc.

Admissions pick up on stuff like being a Hmong refugee. I knew a Hmong girl with good academic credentials who got into several schools that a 2nd generation Korean-American with much, much better credentials couldn't. The disadvantaged background pops up in the admissions process.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/12/mindy-kalings-brother-explains-why-he-pretended-to-be-black/

vijay-chokal-ingam.jpg

Hahaha, this is insanity.

And the fucking guy got into UPenn, but he's still complaining.

Flawed logic. If this was a sport competition, and even though he ran faster than the gold medalist, but because Asian had won the event too many times so the power that be decided he gets a silver medal instead, he has every right to feel he received unfair treatment rather than being glad he has silver.

They don't have to admit shit. This happens all the time--colleges and universities have quotas that, by law, they have to hit.

At one of the top-ranked prep schools in the country, I got a 1560 on SAT's, 230 on PSAT's, straight A's, was head of multiple clubs and organizations in my school, did a year abroad in Japan, was one of top 10 recruits in the country for my sport, and got waitlisted to the Ivy I ended up going to (not the top tier of Ivy's). For reference, I'm white and from a well-to-do family.

My next door neighbor my freshman year was a black kid from Mississippi with an 1140 on the SATs--no sports, a couple of extracurriculars. Go figure.

Cornell, Dartmouth and Brown, the bottom tier Ivies, lol.

That Wang clan stays taking L's.

Edit:
War Room level thread.
Fuck most of you.

Last edited:
He could've went to Cal, Santa Clara or SJSU. @therealdope

Why in the blue jesus would be go to KAL or those other d-level schools? Rather pay my way through Harvard (because they don't give athletic scholarships in the Ivy league --- or at least they didn't in my time).

I think what happened to Mr. Wang is not only outrageous but unconstitutional. Hope he takes it all the way through the US legal system and exposes the institutional racism.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with Penn. @PolishHeadlock The area around Penn has gentrified to the point that you don't have to risk your life by stepping off campus. it's a great school and i would very happy if my daughters went to Penn.

Flawed logic. If this was a sport competition, and even though he ran faster than the gold medalist, but because Asian had won the event too many times so the power that be decided he gets a silver medal instead, he has every right to feel he received unfair treatment rather than being glad he has silver.

False equivalency. Penn vs harvard is like winning an Olympic title vs a World Championships. Very little difference except in the minds of those with a lack of knowledge.

I hope in the future you don't have to identify race on any kind of application. I want the best suited candidate, I don't want someone getting bonus points because of there race or location.

That's interesting. How do they even know your race?

Back here, when I applied for university, I know there were some minor quotas for handicapped people. I believe there may also have been quotas for internationals or mothers, that kind of stuff. Overall it was like 5%, maybe 10%. But are they discriminating like Asian Americans, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, etc.?

He should have moved to a third tier country if he wanted to go to the Olympics.

I went to St Johns and there were so many Asians I thought I was the minority. I did take offense when the professors would give the Asians who could barely speak English, A’s in classes like Oral Communications and Presentations. Wasn’t just the language barrier, they didn’t even do the assignments correctly. That’s when I knew college was run by book smart idiots that had no clue.

False equivalency. Penn vs harvard is like winning an Olympic title vs a World Championships. Very little difference except in the minds of those with a lack of knowledge.

Talking about how prestigious one school is to another is muddling the point. The main thing is that he couldn't get into the school he wants to go because of his race, not because of his performance. I use the medals as an example not because one school is definitively better than the other, but one is better than the others "to him".

Classic example of white/Asian privilege...thinking you should be able to get educational/occupational opportunities based on actual merit. We all know the way to racial equality is to hand out highly sought-after positions to randoms, based solely on their race(assuming not white/Asian).

Back