• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asian guy blames his race for getting rejected to most IVYs

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-wang-says-ivy-league-discriminates-against-asians-2015-5

With a perfect ACT score and 13 Advanced Placement courses under his belt, Michael Wang applied to seven Ivy League universities and Stanford in 2013.

An Asian-American, Wang suspected his race might work against him. But he was still shocked when he was rejected by Stanford and every Ivy League school except for the University of Pennsylvania.

Wang says he worked incredibly hard and excelled in every area possible. But it still wasn't good enough.

"There was nothing humanly possible I could do," Wang told us, saying he felt utterly demoralized after his rejections.

Always choose black or hispanic female as your race and gender on every job or school application.

I'll be curious to see what the schools have to admit to while defending this case.

The Case of the Guy Whose Letter Made it Onto Social Media? We got our best men on it!

I'll be curious to see what the schools have to admit to while defending this case.

They don't have to admit shit. This happens all the time--colleges and universities have quotas that, by law, they have to hit.

At one of the top-ranked prep schools in the country, I got a 1560 on SAT's, 230 on PSAT's, straight A's, was head of multiple clubs and organizations in my school, did a year abroad in Japan, was one of top 10 recruits in the country for my sport, and got waitlisted to the Ivy I ended up going to (not the top tier of Ivy's). For reference, I'm white and from a well-to-do family.

My next door neighbor my freshman year was a black kid from Mississippi with an 1140 on the SATs--no sports, a couple of extracurriculars. Go figure.

It's been shown that admissions standards for Asians are higher than even for whites.

sat_by_race.jpg

Too bad most Asians are too busy out there kicking ass to whine more about it.

This kid probably brought shame onto his entire family and neighborhood by complaining about it.

Always choose black or hispanic female as your race and gender on every job or school application.

It depends, if you going to a liberal arts school it will help but Job? not sure about that, Ive read if they hear your name or your voice in phone interviews they dont call back, good thing I don't have a name like Tayrondo, or Tyshawn'lo or some ghetto ass name

Also it pains me seeing young brothas today when I go out tatted up with neck and face tatts, most of them dont even work I wonder how they make their money. I dont blame a business for not hiring them.

It's been shown that admissions standards for Asians are higher than even for whites.

sat_by_race.jpg

This kid probably brought shame onto his entire family and neighborhood by complaining about it.
di5rhtwztqcsflwemz8l.jpg

Doesnt matter, he will still end up working IT

What are they supposed to do? Have an undergraduate class of 5 black students a year and get sued by black people for discrimination? Or let in unqualified blacks and get sued by Asians for discrimination? How do they win this catch-22?

its his fault for not being jewish i guess

sat_by_race.jpg

Holy shit thats unfair. A black kid who scored a 1151 out of 1600 will be selected over an asian kid who got a perfect 1600/1600 on the SATs.

1150 isn't even that difficult to attain. Its a joke score. I scored higher than that in 9th grade with zero studying and lots of video games the night before.

sat_by_race.jpg

he should commit seppuku

I hope in the future you don't have to identify race on any kind of application. I want the best suited candidate, I don't want someone getting bonus points because of there race or location.

LOL Too many Asians got accepted into IVY leagues and Stanford? They can't take him no more. They have other quotas to meet. lol.

I hope in the future you don't have to identify race on any kind of application. I want the best suited candidate, I don't want someone getting bonus points because of there race or location.

Then they should get rid of names too cuz that gives away your race. Should just have your social security number as an identification.

EDIT: wait wait wait wait...He's already in the nation's #1 liberal arts college. Maybe it has to do with his major.

Last edited:
Back