• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asian guy blames his race for getting rejected to most IVYs

Always choose black or hispanic female as your race and gender on every job or school application.

Agree, I mean whites in America have had the advantages for hundred of years. I mean they didn't allow blacks to get educations during slavery. And we know how bad they did the natives.

Well the common acronym is HYPSM, I just dashed the 'M' because the comparison was MIT vs the rest of the HYPSM crowd.

Yeah, but you don't live in those nifty little "houses" at S. Plus it's a junior university. And MIT is a vocational school.

Yeah, but you don't live in those nifty little "houses" at S. Plus it's a junior university. And MIT is a vocational school.

ElPIGDE.gif

Poor Caltech never even rates a mention in these discussions.

Couple years ago, I was having a conversation with a fellow that went like this:

"I went to Harvard engineering."
"You mean MIT?"

Agree, I mean whites in America have had the advantages for hundred of years. I mean they didn't allow blacks to get educations during slavery. And we know how bad they did the natives.

So openly discriminate against people based on their skin color "for revenge" sounds pretty good, even if they are a Norwegian immigrant who had nothing to do with any US history.

How do you defend the discrimination against asians? By your logic, you can't.

And how do you explain their success? By your logic, you can't.

You know it's true. Leland Stanford Junior University.

Well he built the school for his son who was the "junior". My daughter has ambitions of joining the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band.

StanfordBandSinkHumpSignSkateboard.gif

Wait... So you're saying that because the way a group of people were treated 150 years should impact how a group of people are treated today?

People who's families hadn't even migrated here until the early 20th Century? Such as the Irish, Italians and Asians?

Just want to make sure I'm hearing you right.

Well he built the school for his son who was the "junior". My daughter has ambitions of joining the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band.

Honestly, I think it ought to be HY(PMS). Princeton doesn’t even have a med school for crying out loud.

Wait... So you're saying that because the way a group of people were treated 150 years should impact how a group of people are treated today?

People who's families hadn't even migrated here until the early 20th Century? Such as the Irish, Italians and Asians?

Just want to make sure I'm hearing you right.

i think you pretty much got it.

I’ve got put downs for all of these schools. This is what you do when you end up at the HYPMS safety schools - UofC, Hopkins or the safety Ivies.

Still the best place for high energy or nuclear physics.

My sister did her doctorate there, so I think we're even on not showing family members that post about Cornell.

She hates it when I call the University of Cambridge U of C, lol.

Oh, you have no idea. Getting family to hook you up with a good job, not being harassed by police, not having to listen to everyone bitch about how everyone with your skin color is at fault for the actions of a few. It can take its toll on a man.
I see the all whites = top 1% myth is alive and strong.

Back