Ashton Eaton is the best athlete in the world

The fact you believe a 10.23 100 is mediocre shows you've never played any sport ever

I ran a 10.4 in college without even training for the 100. Trust me when I say I'm more qualified to speak on this than you are.

I ran a 10.4 in college without even training for the 100. Trust me when I say I'm more qualified to speak on this than you are.
The difference is Ashton's time isn't in minutes.

talking seconds here, mick foley. 10.4 isn't that hard TBH, like I said I didn't even train for it specifically we were just on the track messing around. It was my 3rd or 4th run too I had better untimed runs. Didn't think a 10.23 was considered world class on any level.

So the idea is basically that decathlon is the hardest sport, so the person best at it is the best athlete in the world. Gonna have to disagree.

According to this article.

http://www.healthfitnessrevolution.com/top-10-fittest-athletes-world/

Its this guy
novak-djokovic-15a.jpg

Tbh when i googled that i expected this guy

rich-froning.jpg

So the idea is basically that decathlon is the hardest sport, so the person best at it is the best athlete in the world. Gonna have to disagree.
No, the supposition is that the Decathlon most comprehensively tests all the different facets of human athleticism...which, as a singular sport, it does.

We need to update our ultimate test of athleticism with all the new discoveries and understanding that we gained, especially over the course of the 20th and 21st centuries so far, but the Decathlon has a tradition, and it would take years of debate by the international S&C community to settle on a new schedule of events.

Did you ever show up for that basketball game the last time you were running your mouth?

I'm sure we can find an LA sherbro to meet you at a track and see if you can run 12.5.

Well, when they actually prove it, then they claim the title. Presuming otherwise is akin to those who would assert that Ashton could excel in any given major professional sports league with "specialization" given his uncanny athletic base.

So, until then, Ashton is the best athlete in the world.

The point is it is stupid to say Ashton is a better athlete than NFL/NBA players because he could do better at the Decathlon than them. Eaton trains for it, the NFL/NBA players don't. It's akin to say that his hand-eye co-ordination sucks because NBA players would beat him in a free throw contest.

Did you ever show up for that basketball game the last time you were running your mouth?

I'm sure we can find an LA sherbro to meet you at a track and see if you can run 12.5.

Lol @ LA

BD lives in New Mexico.

I'm sure he would gladly trade that title in for the paychecks that thousands of supposedly inferior athletes are earning.

Lol @ LA

BD lives in New Mexico.

REally - LOL. I thought he made a big stank about being in SoCal just before I put him on virtual ignore.

No worries. I'm sure Heisenberg a.k.a Sparky79 will time BreakitDown's epic failure 100m. I say he doesn't even run 12.5.

The point is it is stupid to say Ashton is a better athlete than NFL/NBA players because he could do better at the Decathlon than them. Eaton trains for it, the NFL/NBA players don't. It's akin to say that his hand-eye co-ordination sucks because NBA players would beat him in a free throw contest.
No, it's not. It's akin to saying that they possess superior hand/eye coordination because they demonstrate superiority in a test of hand/eye coordination. That isn't to say that he couldn't beat them if he trained more specifically for that test. But until he can beat them it is irrational to presume that he would or could.

This isn't to say that there are possibly greater athletes in the NBA or NFL. Anyone who knows my post history knows I regard those professional sports leagues to have the greatest concentration of overall raw talent for strength/power sports in the world.

But you don't get to claim the title until you prove it. Ashton holds the claim.

Some guy who does everything on a mediocre level is considered the best?

Usain Bolt 100-meter dash: 9.58 seconds

Lol @ comparing the two numbers on any level. 10.23 is laughable/pathetic.

Wow...A Shertard dumbass saying that running less than a second off the world record of a pure sprinter is laughable......Now that's pathetic...:eek::eek:

BreakItDown? BreakitDown? Anyone, Anyone, Bueller?

Crickets.

Adam eaton competes in a more athletically demanding sport than this can.

talking seconds here, mick foley. 10.4 isn't that hard TBH, like I said I didn't even train for it specifically we were just on the track messing around.

Bitch.
Please.

Unless you mean 10.4 via a running start, you are full of shit. There are many entire countries where you might not even see a 10.4 race during the whole track & field season. Either post sources to back up your claim, or learn to troll credibly.

Bitch.
Please.

Unless you mean 10.4 via a running start, you are full of shit. There are many entire countries where you might not even see a 10.4 race during the whole track & field season. Either post sources to back up your claim, or learn to troll credibly.

I already challenged him to show up at a track and have Sparky79 bring a stop watch.

Crickets.

But it's gutter trash compared to Usain, so that doesn't mean anything. Nobody gives a shit about the decathlon and there is 0 competition, that's why a pathetic time like 10.23 is at the top.

You can count on your hand how many nfl players can even dream about a time like that.

You can count on your hand how many nfl players can even dream about a time like that.

There's probably more than you think. Jacoby Ford ran a 10.01 in college while splitting time training for football. Marquise Goodwin did a 10.24 while in highschool. I don't doubt a bunch of guys could do it if they trained specifically for track.

Back