AS is training Filipino Boxing

Holy shit, would suck to get in a fight with that old man showing Anderson some moves.

haha It´s amazing that man is 79 yo

I can imagine a street punk pushing him away and saying "move away granpa" and then getting his ass handled

I'm not familiar with this style. Does it use techniques that Anderson can incorporate with his "traditional" stance and pre-established striking arsenal?

My grandpa fights like that after drinking a bottle of lambanog

Filipino here, who learned boxing in the Philippines and also studied Kali/Escrima/Arnis.

what you see in the video, and someone more knowledgable should correct me, is not "Filipino boxing," it's the modified form of Arnis (also called Kali or Escrima) which is really weapon combat (batons, knives, short swords), the type taught by law enforcement teach. but again it's modified for hand to hand combat--which is actually taught, but I don't believe it's technically called Filipino boxing

Yep that's what I'm seeing as well. The thing with Arnis/Kali/Escrima is being able to transition from weapons (sticks and knives) to open hand. This looks like JKD concepts of some kind, flowing between trapping range and striking range. Blending boxing techniques with trapping. We used to teach similar techniques in my JKD days.

I'm not familiar with this style. Does it use techniques that Anderson can incorporate with his "traditional" stance and pre-established striking arsenal?

That´s the plan, if he is doing it for a year now, then it works

I also teach under the Master

samhoger.jpg

Nice to see good ole Sam. Got nothing but love for all the guys from the 1st season.

Back