As everyone argues over the battle of BW GOAT between TJ and Cruz, let us remember Miguel Torres

Was a manlet beast
Big fan back in the WEC days
The mullet was savage
wouldn't really call him a manlet, he is exactly the average american height 5 ft 9, and that was his shtick being the lanky tall bw nobody could touch... until he was touched by that meth head.

Yeah, where is Brian Bowles...

I memba...

He was like p4p at one point. Very Dangerous off his feet and back with a vicious gas tank....but he really fell from grace when it seem like he still had much to offer as an elite level fighter

Last edited:
He's an example of a guy who had too many fights too young.

By the time he won the belt he all ready had nearly 40 fights.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere once that his record isn't even complete, and he had way more fights in the regionals than what were recorded.

He's an example of a guy who had too many fights too young.

By the time he won the belt he all ready had nearly 40 fights.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere once that his record isn't even complete, and he had way more fights in the regionals than what were recorded.

You remember correctly. He said when he was listed at 37-1 they were missing more than 30 of his fights.

You can not mention Miguel Torres without mentioning Frank Mir.

Started his career 37-1.

He was pretty high on the P4P list on here before the Brian Bowles loss.
He was good, but when the money came in and it attracted top fighters, he didn't do so well. 6-2 in we, 2-2 ufc

Before Cruz. Before Faber. There was Miguel Torres. He was the first real force at BW

It's sad how forgotten Torres is. Under appreacited legend of BW IMO

Not forgotten by me or under appreciated.

Was maybe my favourite fighter in wec.
And his record at that point was unrivalled.
Just came to the UFC a bit late maybe..
I do remember a loss to somebody who's just lost where that person just lay on the mig for the whole fight...

He hit a nice Kimura Sweep on Demetrious Johnson

9.gif
And back the other way.

giphy.gif

It's actually a pretty entertaining fight.

He was good, but when the money came in and it attracted top fighters, he didn't do so well. 6-2 in we, 2-2 ufc
He should have been 3-1 in the UFC. The decision was wrong.

A ProLogic thread without mentioning Conor once?

Impressive.

You remember correctly. He said when he was listed at 37-1 they were missing more than 30 of his fights.

Yeah, he and some other fighters would fight in weekly shows at different bars in NW Indiana and the south side of Chicago and not all the fights got on pro records even though technically they were pro fights as they made $100/100 or so. Definitely not sanctioned fights. Shonie Carter had a bunch that don't show on sherdog, used to show up on a different site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back