As everyone argues over the battle of BW GOAT between TJ and Cruz, let us remember Miguel Torres

PROlogic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before Cruz. Before Faber. There was Miguel Torres. He was the first real force at BW

It's sad how forgotten Torres is. Under appreacited legend of BW IMO

Insert "Rape van" joke here.

He got a raw deal in the early days of UFC guys on twitter. He went 2-2 in the UFC after his world beating WEC days.

Holyshit! I was a fan and I forgot about Torres. It's like he was erased after that rape van joke or whatever that got him fired from UFC.

"If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises."

-Miguel Torres

<seedat>

He beat MM!

lKId5mN.gif

P34xJKD.gif

I remember his long ass arms and Mir having a hardon for him during the WEC era.

I remember his long ass arms and Mir having a hardon for him during the WEC era.
And getting cracked by Bowles. That was a holy fuck moment.
Yeah Mir commentating I remember that, he was pretty good.
Torres was a fun fighter, wasn't a fan, but liked his fights.

Was a manlet beast
Big fan back in the WEC days
The mullet was savage

Damn he really said that lmao

<6>
He got fired for it, but Evans made a joke about Penn State and nothing. He came back, but Evans and Forrest said some shit and nothin. Torres was quoting always sunny

Very well rounded. Good striking and Very slick on the ground.

He hit a nice Kimura Sweep on Demetrious Johnson

9.gif

He was one of the biggest reasons I tuned into WEC. Always had exciting fights. It's a shame his best days were before BW was introduced to the UFC before they got some real spotlight.

He definitely has an argument, but then again he lost the belt to Bowles. On another note, that was one of the first mma event I watched live and when they introduced Torres I remember thinking he was gonna destroy that Bowles dude then got knocked out. Lol

Started his career 37-1.

He was pretty high on the P4P list on here before the Brian Bowles loss.

I remember the first fight I saw him in he looked unbeatable. I believe it was him taking Chase Beebe’s WEC belt. In retrospect I think that was a function of an extremely shallow talent pool in that division at the time. He started losing a lot as soon as he started facing respectable guys in the modern era.

Back