As a mma fan, what was the most heartbreak you felt after a fight.

As a GSP fan through and through you would think it would be his loss to Serra.

My greatest heartbreak was in fact watching CroCop vs Gonzaga 1.

That actually brought me to tears.

The Machida-shogun fights...I almost feel like the negative reaction to Machida’s decision win somehow affected his performance in the 2nd fight

I don't have a mma version of this because I don't get emotionally invested as a fan. Just want to see good fights.

I learned that from being a life long though. Cotto vs. Margarito being the fight that really crushed me at the time.

When Cro Cop got knocked out cold against Gonzaga, that was so painful and hard to watch. I was legit shocked and upset.

Anderson v Weidman 1, Anderson was my first MMA hero and it was pretty shocking to see to be honest. I was at the second one live but that wasn't as bad, the end was pretty full on but he was way out of the fight by then anyway/

There’s a few that still sting to this day, it’s what makes this sport so exciting,
-Matt Hughes getting his lights turned out by Koschek and then again by BJ,
- cop by Gonzaga, then again by Mir, Schaub, Nelson
-Stipe to DC
-Fedor to Mitrione
-chuck to Rachad and then to Franklin
-Wand-Leben, Wand-Rampage
-Vitor vs Gastellum
-Hendo-Vitor
-Tim Kennedy-Gastellum

DC vs Jones 2 easily. Really sucked to see Matt Brown lose to a shot Ellenburger too.

Thug Rose losing the title fight against Carla Esparza.

Lawler was too afraid to throw a punch. Your hero was scared shitless.
Nah, he was giving away an early round like he does in most of his fights so he would have to go all out in the championship rounds. But Woodley has good KO power so the plan backfired.

GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

In that order :( .......

every time shogun lost.

Maybe Rampage/Silva 2. I hated Wanderlei Silva for destroying my then favourite, Sakuraba.

From the 1st fight until the rematch, I was telling everyone that Rampage only lost because he had a tougher opponent earlier than Wand did.

But than Wand nearly killed him again.

Fighters going way too long and taking way too much punishment. I can see people actively getting CTE fight by fight. It's super heartbreaking.

Rich Franklin VS Anderson Silva 2.

Saw that fight and i was like "Anderson has to be on something".

So happy teh Chris beat him and got caught by USADA.

Mine was when I didn't watch Diaz/Coner 1 because I thought it was a gimmie squash match. Nate had 10 days notice and was forced to do media appearances during that time. He literally had no camp...he got the call in Cabo, sobered up, took the fight and won. So sad I missed that shit live.

his loss to Randleman was worse for me he had so much hype going into that tournament only to go out in the first round.

O no that was bad too , but Randleman always had the threat reminded me of when he went against McDonald in kickboxing... Gonzaga not only headkicked lo him but seemingly took his soul in the process couldn’t be more devastating for the most famous kicker in mma at the time to get headkicked ko

Back