As a boxing fan, are you satisfied now?

Also Ngannou could be right in the 30s.

Joshua could barely put a dent in Parker and zhang dropped him twice easily and is more cagey setting traps than joshua.

He would likely obliterate Ngannou. Rematch the Fury fight, ngannou didn't look any different vs aj if anything he looked stronger and sharper, fury just showed up looking horrendous. Watch joshua cruise by helenius but take some hard shots stiff jabs and 6 rounds ish to finally catch up to him, he was on the gas in this fight early.

Was actually a mismatch.

I know this type of thing is frowned upon. But fury coming in fat with no muscle has only happened a few times. McDermott, Wallin, Wilder 3 (ngannou)

The guy has tested positive for steroids before and also goes on 100 lbs gain/loss binges. I suspect he fought ngannou clean, whereas for nearly all his big fights he does not. People say he always has a weird shape but besides the lower back tire his shoulders chest arms even thighs look way different from fight to fight.

He fought ngannou his arms looked pathetic and his legs looked like twigs. Shouldn't be that hard to put 2 and 2 together(he has failed a test before)

I also get the sense with him being alleged koed in sparring by a cruiserweight. Dropping/looking rattled every time he gets hit even by weak punchers that his chin may have deteriorated seriously from the 3rd Wilder fight.

He has looked shit for years and only has Wilder performances propping him up.

Maybe, i don't know. Ngannou is in the PFL right now, so i think he has to deal with more stringent drug testing since USADA has a contract with PFL : https://www.usada.org/pfl/

So normally he's under constant random drug testing at any possible moment, that's what USADA does.

That's why i liked with UFC : a proper drug testing policy. Now USADA is gone, so i'm less interested by the UFC.

But to be fair, UK has some official anti-doping policies. So even Fury is at a disadvantage when compared to eastern european fighters for example where such policies don't exist.

Doping really really hurts fighting sports... also, since Fury is a good technical boxer, doping likely really helped him in the past (when he got suspended). It's the contrary for Ngannou : he's already physically strong but lacking technique, so even with doping he would get less benefits since being more technical would be what really helps him.

not satisfied at all, that's what's supposed to happen. The problem was, there shouldn't be any, "what will happen" but these guys are worrisome.

as soon as he turned southpaw i saw it coming, that's hard for top fighters, then he does it with AJ, not smart. Switching up got popular for some reason but it's stupid and there's usually not a motive for it. Hagler warned people during the reign of that one guy who switched, forget his name, that he put in a lot of time into switching and that you had to know what' you're doing.

It's not just me saying that, as a viewer, i've seen too many guys get in trouble switching up. Recently, i showed a teen boy why it's bad with the Mosely-Forrest 1 fight, poor shane was never the same after he wanted to look cool and switch to southpaw.

i just watched it, poor guy didn't know where he was at the second kd, but, well, we got what we wanted i guess. the announcer mentioned curry-mccrory, it was just like that, maybe not quite as bad.

Fury has to feel like what he called wilder, a "tosser". Look at his face.

as soon as he turned southpaw i saw it coming, that's hard for top fighters, then he does it with AJ, not smart. Switching up got popular for some reason but it's stupid and there's usually not a motive for it. Hagler warned people during the reign of that one guy who switched, forget his name, that he put in a lot of time into switching and that you had to know what' you're doing.

It's not just me saying that, as a viewer, i've seen too many guys get in trouble switching up. Recently, i showed a teen boy why it's bad with the Mosely-Forrest 1 fight, poor shane was never the same after he wanted to look cool and switch to southpaw.
Why do I have a feeling that that kid asked you a simple question about boxing and you did the old man thing by showing him grainy youtube videos and probably not answering the actual question he asked.

I asked an old man once about McCarthy and The Red Scare, he went off for an hour about Obama and Hilary and then told a story how Jesus Christ visited him in the 1970s and leaned against his truck and had a conversation with him.

He did kinda answer my question, 40mins in after he went "Oh yea you asked about McCarthy".
One sentence answer that didnt answer the question at al and back to George Soros taking over the world.

Umm no? I doubt he beats even Joe Joyce. Dubois destroys him, parker easy UD, Zhang stops him, Jared Anderson and Sanchez also make it look easy.
Francis Ngannou vs Jarrell Miller
Thats the fight to make.

Why do I have a feeling that that kid asked you a simple question about boxing and you did the old man thing by showing him grainy youtube videos and probably not answering the actual question he asked.

I asked an old man once about McCarthy and The Red Scare, he went off for an hour about Obama and Hilary and then told a story how Jesus Christ visited him in the 1970s and leaned against his truck and had a conversation with him.

He did kinda answer my question, 40mins in after he went "Oh yea you asked about McCarthy".
One sentence answer that didnt answer the question at al and back to George Soros taking over the world.
I told him they try to confuse their opponent but only confuse themselves. Same thing I would have told him if I was 25. Not complicated.

I know exactly what you're talking about though, old men tend to ramble and go from subject to subject aimlessly, casually tossing out nuggets of wisdom watonly amongst the mental debris of 80 odd years.

Depending on the guy, it can either be funny, interesting, boring, frustrating or infuriating.

Last edited:
Zhang is 3 inches shorter than Fury and Francis actually has the reach advantage.

Anyway I get the jist some people have Zhang rated much higher than others do.
Ngannou doesn’t have the reach advantage. Yesterday, his reach was listed at 78” while Zhang’s was listed at 80”. Ngannou’s 83” stat shown in the Fury fight is taken from his MMA fights, for which reach is never measured.

We’re not overestimating Zhang, we just think Ngannou cannot box for shit. The only punch he landed on Fury was a check hook, the same check hook he threw over and over again against Joshua unsuccessfully. Once you realize Ngannou has nothing to offer besides a check hook, the chances of him ever landing a punch again is 0%.

AJ looked a bit sad after the fight, like he knew he was beating a guy who had no business in their, didn't even celebrate the win.
I don’t think he was sad, more like he knew there was nothing to celebrate. What was there to celebrate? He didn’t do anything hard.

I don’t think he was sad, more like he knew there was nothing to celebrate. What was there to celebrate? He didn’t do anything hard.
that's right, who knows how he felt, he didn't look happy. Who looks happy when they beat on a guy they know didn't really have a chance, Holmes didn't look happy beating on an old Ali, that Russian guy who almost killed RJ didn't look happy about it. Either way, he didn't look to be in any form of positive mood. How to read that? Not sure, maybe someone could ask him.
Also, Ngannou seems to be a decent man just trying to make good money in his few years as an athlete, likeable guy so that could also be a part of it.

Joshua could barely put a dent in Parker and zhang dropped him twice easily and is more cagey setting traps than joshua.

He would likely obliterate Ngannou. Rematch the Fury fight, ngannou didn't look any different vs aj if anything he looked stronger and sharper, fury just showed up looking horrendous. Watch joshua cruise by helenius but take some hard shots stiff jabs and 6 rounds ish to finally catch up to him, he was on the gas in this fight early.

Was actually a mismatch.
AJ fought Parker a long time ago. He's matured since, gained a lot more experience, and is even more dangerous than he was back then. The old version wasn't as patient or calculated and didn't pick his shots as well.

Ngannou didn't look stronger in this fight. He couldn't even budge AJ but was able to manhandle Fury in the clinch.

I hate MMA fighters being made to look like bums in boxing just like I hated that Toney/Randy shit back in the day.

Everyone needs to just stay in their lane.

Ngannou doesn’t have the reach advantage. Yesterday, his reach was listed at 78” while Zhang’s was listed at 80”. Ngannou’s 83” stat shown in the Fury fight is taken from his MMA fights, for which reach is never measured.

We’re not overestimating Zhang, we just think Ngannou cannot box for shit. The only punch he landed on Fury was a check hook, the same check hook he threw over and over again against Joshua unsuccessfully. Once you realize Ngannou has nothing to offer besides a check hook, the chances of him ever landing a punch again is 0%.

"we just think Ngannou cannot box for shit"

And herin is the problem. Its 2 days after and you're overreacting and saying silly shit and being overly critical of Francis.

As a fan of people getting knocked back to reality, I'm satisfied.

This silly MMA vs Boxing thing has got to stop, and the delusion that one or the other will be successful at a high level in either sport, needs to be extinguished. It's as bad as thinking CM Punk wasn't going to get absolutely humiliated in the UFC.

Said before fight AJ would win comfortably although thought safe points win. Fury clearly didn't train and was fucking around. Said after that fight a focused trained Fury would box circles around Frances (as a hw champion should) I didn't think Frances would look that bad though. No shame losing to HW champs. Still think Fury beats Usyk and AJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back