Artur Beterbiev vs. Oleksandr Gvozdyk this Friday.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this fight, so I thought I'd make one.

Who you got? I got Gvozdyk. He's more skilled, and he's fought better opponents.

Easy win for Beterbiev

I don't think Gvozdyk is the better boxer at all, contrary to popular belief

Beterbiev also has twice the power and triple the chin.

Beterbiev also has twice the power and triple the chin.

Beterbiev has been dropped by Jeff Page Jr & Callum Johnson. He clearly has a fragile chin. Gvozdyk however showed no signs of having a weak chin against massive puncher Stevenson. What are you talking about?

Beterbiev has been dropped by Jeff Page Jr & Callum Johnson. He clearly has a fragile chin. Gvozdyk however showed no signs of having a weak chin against massive puncher Stevenson. What are you talking about?
Gvozdyk has been dropped before too, against a weaker shot those that dropped Beterbiev

Well, to be fair Gvozdyk was dropped by Karpency. However, I can't remember if he was actually hurt or not. Beterbiev was in danger of being stopped against Johnson (who mistakenly didn't force the issue by jumping on him), I remember that much because it was more recent.

Gvozdyk has been dropped before too, against a weaker shot those that dropped Beterbiev

Okay so Gvozdyk has been dropped once before... and Beterbiev has been dropped twice before... and Gvozdyk never showed any signs of a weak chin against arguably the hardest puncher of the division at the time, Stevenson... yet somehow you conclude Beterbiev has "triple the chin". And the shot that Jeff Page Jr dropped Beterbiev with was very weak.

Again, what are you talking about?

Well, to be fair Gvozdyk was dropped by Karpency. However, I can't remember if he was actually hurt or not. Beterbiev was in danger of being stopped against Johnson (who mistakenly didn't force the issue by jumping on him), I remember that much because it was more recent.

Gvozdyk has been dropped once before, but showed no signs of a weak chin against massive puncher Stevenson, and Beterbiev has been dropped twice before... all of this indicates that Beterbiev in no way has "triple the chin" of Gvozdyk, like the guy above claimed.

Johnson hits pretty damn hard tbf. The bigger concern is that he managed to land that shot in the first place. I’ve got berterbiev but it’s not a confident pick. I think gvozdyk could well outbox him

Gvozdyk has been dropped once before, but showed no signs of a weak chin against massive puncher Stevenson, and Beterbiev has been dropped twice before... all of this indicates that Beterbiev in no way has "triple the chin" of Gvozdyk, like the guy above claimed.
Agreed. I couldn't remember if Karpency hurt him but I believe it was a flash knockdown unlike Johnson's knockdown of Beterbiev (Beterbiev didn't have his legs immediately, equilibrium was affected). Like you said though his chin held up against Stevenson who is a far bigger puncher than anyone that Beterbiev has fought.

Okay so Gvozdyk has been dropped once before... and Beterbiev has been dropped twice before... and Gvozdyk never showed any signs of a weak chin against arguably the hardest puncher of the division at the time, Stevenson... yet somehow you conclude Beterbiev has "triple the chin". And the shot that Jeff Page Jr dropped Beterbiev with was very weak.

Again, what are you talking about?
Stevenson was shot when he fought Gvozdyk

Stevenson was shot when he fought Gvozdyk

He was past his best, but it's a well known fact that power is the last attribute to go on a fighter.

Not that this is relevant though. You still haven't proven that Beterbiev has "triple the chin" of Gvozdyk. You've given no reason whatsoever to believe that's true.

He was past his best, but it's a well known fact that power is the last attribute to go on a fighter.

Not that this is relevant though. You still haven't proven that Beterbiev has "triple the chin" of Gvozdyk. You've given no reason whatsoever to believe that's true.

Its absolutely relevant because the guy he was fighting was less of a threat than he would've been in so many other ways. I can confirm through experience that you do keep your power, but you lose speed, reactions, durability and legs as you get late 30s onwards. stephenson is over 40

Already a thread, but I'll say the same thing.

Great fight and very close. I give Gvozdyk the edge tho, because he a decent height and reach advantage (about 3 inches), and can jab very well. He has decent lateral movement also, which I think will confuse Beterbiev a bit. Beterbiev is good at cutting off the ring, but I think the jab and lateral movement will negate that.

Both are not that proven tho, so it is really hard to gauge how good Beterbiev is at actually cutting off the ring. Similarly, we do not know how good Gvozdyk's movement is vs an efficient pressure fighter, as Stevenson is more of a counter puncher.

Beterbiev crushed him in the ammys, and although Gvozdyk is very good, it will be tough for him mentally to put that away.

Great fight, I’m picking Beterbiev, but with little certainty.

Back