Article on Chris Weidman and his injuries: He should not be fighting again

I feel like he's way past what chuck's done to himself.

The way he talked about injuries sustained from rockhold fight...he should have already retired then.
I think he mentioned having had like 30 surgeries in his career which seems insane. I guess some were prob small stuff, but idk that’s gotta be close to a record or something during a career

Reactions: HHJ
Yeah and that's when he helped him my guy

After throwing his hands up and celebrating. It happened. No amount of bullshit is gunna change that fact. It's on tape. Look at his reaction compared to halls when it happened to him. He celebrated. Did he help him afterward? Sure. But he did so after.looking like a complete douche.

After throwing his hands up and celebrating. It happened. No amount of bullshit is gunna change that fact. It's on tape. Look at his reaction compared to halls when it happened to him. He celebrated. Did he help him afterward? Sure. But he did so after.looking like a complete douche.

I genuinely believe he didn't realize it until afterwards.

I recommend this whole interview Chris had with Anderson it's really great. Here's a timestamp on his reaction when Anderson broke his leg

i feel like at this point, his coach, his team, his staff, and family are all guilty of inducing additional CTE at no benefit. ray longo and the team needs to have a mental talk and tell this guy the truth. this is borderline criminal. weidman has no business fighting, let alone in the UFC, with these injuries, layoff, and current abilities. i don't think they need the money either.
I think after a while some of the coaches become just as delusional as the fighters. They probably think Chris can still be a champion too.

i feel like at this point, his coach, his team, his staff, and family are all guilty of inducing additional CTE at no benefit. ray longo and the team needs to have a mental talk and tell this guy the truth. this is borderline criminal. weidman has no business fighting, let alone in the UFC, with these injuries, layoff, and current abilities. i don't think they need the money either.
We're blessed with the freedom to make choices that aren't necessarily the best choices. We don't know how many people he has telling him he should quit but ultimately he's and adult and if he's medically cleared there's nothing for us to do.

Ufc should cut him , he’s had obvious injuries, he’s almost 40 and he looked really washed in his last outing

Weidman's last fight was hard to watch, and that guy has no business fighting in the UFC or any MMA org. again. If he wants to fight still, maybe go to the bare knuckle league, where nobody throws leg kicks! Weidman hasn't been good since he beat A. Silva a LOOONG time ago.

Weidman's last fight was hard to watch, and that guy has no business fighting in the UFC or any MMA org. again. If he wants to fight still, maybe go to the bare knuckle league, where nobody throws leg kicks! Weidman hasn't been good since he beat A. Silva a LOOONG time ago.
I mean that's simply not true. He's had competitive fights with a lot of top guys since Anderson. His fight with Machida is an underrated good fight.

Teh Chris is going to do great!! Trust me, the JBG will be very pleased.

The extent of The Chris' injuries is insane. That fact he still wants to do this is a testament to his mindset. But HOLY FACK, man just pack it in!

Chris Weidman and the state of his health

“For me in particular, it seems to be worse than maybe even other people, because I already had 10 knee surgeries on this leg,” Weidman said. “Now they take a titanium rod and drill it through the top of my knee, through my knee joint, which is already arthritic and having tons of issues and drill down into my knee. So now, I don’t have the muscle in my lower leg like I used to to protect my knee and to protect my leg. My quad, everything just atrophied. Then I got the nerve issues from the bone popping through the skin like that and the muscle. The muscle, the nerve, there’s just tons of things going on in there. There’s a lot that you’ve got to deal with."
He is a true fighter, he just loves fighting, someone needs to say no to him...thats what gets me. I liked how when Rocky Marciano when he thought in returning, he did a training camp, and said...paraphrasing of course..."you know I love this but I am not the same and I know it. Even though I would love to get back in there, I knew this would not go the same way and I would run into trouble." ...Weidman is saying the same thing but holding on to chances. I guess when you were the guy to beat AS...it stuck in your mind you can keep doing it...Chris needs to hang it up, but, how do you tell a warrior to stop fighting? Easy, the Boss needs to say no more.

His next opponent has lost 4 of his last 5. This is a lay up for him. Don't forget that Weidman outstruck Prime Anderson Silva.

Silva was 38, not in his prime and that was a decade ago. This is 2024 and Weidman is shot.

his wife must want his ass out of the house desperately for this to continue

The guy is about to become champ again, not a few scratches that will stop him!

Chris is a terminator. Nothing will stop this guy from competing in the octagon.

I mean that's simply not true. He's had competitive fights with a lot of top guys since Anderson. His fight with Machida is an underrated good fight.

it's his best defence and imho his overall best opponent, even if that wasn't the first title run version of Machida.

He went from undefeated MW champion that dethroned the GOAT to having 10 careers worth of damage.

Back