Artem Lobov gives back Michael Johnson's purse money

I wonder if he paid back the full amount or deducted the taxes he’ll have to pay on it since it’s income, tax man don’t give no fuck if you “gave it back” or some shit

In fairness Michael would have had to pay the tax anyway.
No point in giving the IRS double.

Yup. They should negotiate a weight for short notice fights separately. The guy taking the fight can have a better chance of making weight and the one already training doesn't have to kill himself cutting. It's better for both fighters.

Exactly, and it means the original fighter can game plan for his new opponent, rather than spending time cutting.

In situations like this, I don't know why they don't just make them catch weight fights. I mean it's not like they are contender fights, or title fights. There's basically nothing on the line.

<31>

The lack of catch weight fights in general is just a product of their arrogance.

In fairness Michael would have had to pay the tax anyway.
No point in giving the IRS double.
True, but that doesn’t mean the IRS won’t claim it

If you give me your paycheque we both have to pay taxes on it

Tyron actually short changed his promise ... He was supposed to split up bonus .. instead he split up just a very small fraction of the bonus

Bitch move IMO !!
Giving a fat lil check to a dude who missed weight and lost the fight?

Totes a bitch move bruh.

Giving a fat lil check to a dude who missed weight and lost the fight?

Totes a bitch move bruh.

I don't understand you .. can you rephrase who and what you're talking about?

MJ's not hurting for cash. Artem should've gave it to Lando.

What are you, Guy Pearce in Memento?

I don't know what you're talking about still .. why don't you just elaborate on your original post .. I'm not trying to be a smart ass .. calm down n have a decent convo .. it doesn't make you soft .. just try

I don't know what you're talking about still .. why don't you just elaborate on your original post .. I'm not trying to be a smart ass .. calm down n have a decent convo .. it doesn't make you soft .. just try
I'm from the streets and this is how I talk.

I'm from the streets and this is how I talk.
me too .. Im from South Sac 916 .. but i can still make sense .. you're not even speaking decent Ebonics ..

That is a class response. And he's a decent enough prelims card banger who gives it his all everytime which better fighters could learn from.

Wouldn't get half the shit he gets if not for his association with conor.

lol, what a nice guy.

I would have spent it

Id only give the purse back if it was a short notice fight. Otherwise Id donate it.

That's remarkable considering Lobov is a fighter that isn't rich and might get cut from the UFC any fight. Most people would have grabbed all the money that they could get their hands on, much respect to him.

Back