Artem Lobov gives back Michael Johnson's purse money

In situations like this, I don't know why they don't just make them catch weight fights. I mean it's not like they are contender fights, or title fights. There's basically nothing on the line.

GOATweight

I don't like Artem at all as a fighter but things like this are pretty cool to hear about. Shows there's still a code of honor among certain groups of people.

Man of his word. It's easy too say, hard to do. Especially since u can't just say u dont want it. They pay you, u get taxed, etc. Then you withdrawal the money or more likely, write a check for the amount.

he just lost a razor thin decision to MJ

Lost to White and Hall, and wasn't very impressive in his wins....

Then there's the fact that yes, he was hanging in there with MJ and Swanson.

He seems to be that weird case of a fighter that always settles at the level of his opponents.

Classy move, Artem didn’t look that bad in that fight either. He clearly lost obviously but he was pressing forward and landed a few decent shots.

I think that if it happened that way then there would even be less incentive for fighters to make weight. Lower ranked fighters would miss all the time in hopes their opponent tried harder than they did because they knew it would just be a catchweight with no penalty.

It's a late replacement fight. I don't think anyone is going to skip a weight cut hoping that their opponent pulls out, and the fight is made catchweight with a replacement fighter.

Artem seems to have more integrity than his BFF.

Well, no need stuffing your pockets full of money if you can't even reach it, might as well give it back.

dick riding Conor aside he really doesn't seem like a bad guy

Woodley did the same as Gastelum missed weight by 9lb and was fined 30% ($9000).

In situations like this, I don't know why they don't just make them catch weight fights. I mean it's not like they are contender fights, or title fights. There's basically nothing on the line.
Sooo what onus do you have to make weight other than for a title fight?

125/135'r reach on a 145 frame, fighting 145-170 vs anyone. Respect

He gave Cub & MJ a run for their $, and handed Ishihara his 1st UFC loss.

Still evolving his game too.

Artem gets too much flak, he comes to fight and will take 5 to give 1.

Back