Artem has some heavy hands, he's not bad at all

Welcome to MMA 2016....Where heavy hands = he's not bad at all.

Yes. This is the level of thought being put into the sport today from most fans.

"Hands down, chin up" is the most idiotic BS mantra that persist on this forum. I guess that it originates from that American trailer trash crowd that have only been exposed to Boxing before they started to watch MMA and have never seen or heard of any other form of striking. You may criticize Artem for not having speed, footwork or distance control to back up his stance up, but there is nothing wrong with it if you have other things to make it work.
Just look at how Wonderboy can have his "hands down, chin up" and be just fine in MMA.
Comparing Winderboy to Artem, are you serious?

It would be hilarious if Chris Avila knocked him out.

He is terrible and shouldn't be in the UFC.. He only got on the show because of Conor. That is it.

True, but he did KO his way to the finale, if Hall wasnt brought in he likely would have won.

Weak season though.

But i bet you'll watch hunt though right? He has a similar record.

He just gets extra hated on because he's conor's boy and people love to hate conor because its the cool thing to do and makes you seem like a more hardcore fan.

I dont care about records,i am a fan of conor mcgregor,and mark hunt. I actually just dont like to watch artem or think hes talented. Is that so hard to understand?

Yea, it's pretty wild. I don't spend much time in the gym anymore due to a lot of nasty injuries and Father Time catching me, but man, fundamentals are absolutely crucial, we learn them early for a good reason, and when you can't grasp the fact that you need to keep your chin on your chest and your hands high, you're asking to be on the receiving end of some serious highlight reel knockouts.

Exactly, and the only explanation for the conviction with which some of these fanboys believe Artem is a great fighter, is simply that they don't/haven't trained ANY Martial Arts at all.

I dont care so much of his style its weird but whatever he has been effective with it ans has some good knockouts. What bothers me with lobow is that he looks retarded pretty much, shouldnt really be on tv looking like that. I don't think artem lobov is the nexy wonderboy.

Exactly, and the only explanation for the conviction with which some of these fanboys believe Artem is a great fighter, is simply that they don't/haven't trained ANY Martial Arts at all.

Very true. Although, I guess I can't really bash anyone for not training. Had I not discovered MMA in 1994 when I was about 16, I probably wouldn't have spent a few years training, either. If I had jumped on around the TUF era, which seems to be a period of time that brought the most "new" fans, I would have already been through a few major bone breaks, a few major surgeries and I would've already been a father. And I know I wouldn't have made it to the gym, because post-2004, I probably visited 3 gyms, maybe a total of 8 times lol

Back