Crime Armed militia attacked by protesters tearing down statues; shoots attacker in apparent self defense

The shooter had assaulted a woman and was repeatedly going in and out of the crowd and escalating confrontations while carrying and brandishing weapons.

Had the shooter retreated from the crowd before only to circle back and come back for more physical confrontations? Yes. So that’s why he’s going to be fucked trying to argue he was suddenly a non threat and everyone should have known that.

When the dude hit him with a skate board and the other 2 jumped on him and the 1 guy yells "I'm gonna kill you" and pulls a knife - that is grounds for self defense.

All the shit before hand doesn't matter, especially since the people that jumped him had no part in the misdemeanor assaults that happened earlier. Remember, you agreed that you can't play vigilante and chase people of misdemeanors.

Shooter was a dick, I don't think anyone is arguing differently. Person shot is a dick - only 1 group is defending his actions. The shooting was justified under the law; which is why the DA dropped the charge and went for the misdemeanors that he can charge him with.

This thread is hilarious. The Left choosing Chad Loder as their hero, while 2nd Amendment fans choose Steven Baca as theirs is equal posts sad and hilarious all at the same time. Reset the world, I want to get off.

Very few people are holding the shooter up as a hero, just explaining that he was within his rights to shoot.

Very few people are holding the shooter up as a hero, just explaining that he was within his rights to shoot.

I agree with the sentiment and what the prosecutor said. Once you go out looking for trouble you aren't defending yourself anymore.

I agree with the sentiment and what the prosecutor said. Once you go out looking for trouble you aren't defending yourself anymore.

Good, then you both agree that the protester that got shot wasn't defending himself or anyone else because he was clearly looking for trouble.

I'm not the guy who quoted it as if it was relevant. But when you are flat wrong you will tend to grasp at damn near anything.
No, you're the moron who failed to understand a pretty simple post, and responded with some "Facebook Grandpa" shit about social media rumors

Hey guys, look....they say there are social media rumors!! We still have a chance!!
You're already getting dragged enough in this thread for being a total idiot, but the "initial investigation" that you're crowing about was so incomplete that the State Police are now involved.

No, you're the moron who failed to understand a pretty simple post, and responded with some "Facebook Grandpa" shit about social media rumors

You're already getting dragged enough in this thread for being a total idiot, but the "initial investigation" that you're crowing about was so incomplete that the State Police are now involved.

No. Your boomer ass seems to have dementia

You posted an article talking of social media rumors. I pointed out it was silly. Then you went off the rails because your nursing home ran out of chocolate pudding

This is a bullshit response. First of all blocking someone with your back to them might be physical contact but it's not assault. He also didn't hit her with a bottle of water he flung her to the ground onto her back head first. And if that person did attack someone it doesn't mean you can legally murder him. It just means that he can't claim self defense if it escalates to the point he kills you.

Unwanted contact by an aggressor is actually assault

It was a disproportionate use of force. One could never hurt you while the other could possibly kill you.

I said that all along. He overreacted and then skateboard man and knife guy overreacted.

Just like if I saw you throw a bottle in a protest or concert. I would not have the right to pull out a knife and stab you

Actually this guy isn't fucked for the shooting. I don't know how much more clear to make it for you lefties.

And it's odd you mention Aubery - I agree those 2 had no right to chase him down for a misdemeanor trespass; I would love to know how you can't see that the group armed with skateboard and knife likewise had no right to chase the shooter over a misdemeanor assault.

The problem with the left is that they think anything they do is ok and there are never any consequences. Y'all need to wake up before the next idiot is dead instead of just shot.
Nonsense. That lady was violently thrown to the ground. It didn't call for a skateboard or knife but that guy needed to be detained. In most places doing something like that to a lady will get your ass kicked.

No. Your boomer ass seems to have dementia

You posted an article talking of social media rumors. I pointed out it was silly. Then you went off the rails because your nursing home ran out of chocolate pudding
Seems like my "Facebook Grandpa" remark triggered the shit out of you, since you crapped out this derivative attempt at humor.

The social media rumors that the prosecutor was referring to were right wing rumors that the victim had a knife. Mega-facepalm.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/06/17/us/17reuters-new-mexico-protest.html

Lol did some tards in here really think that’s not self defense? Please hit me in the head with a skateboard While I’m disengaging and walking away. I’ll gladly defend myself.
Disengaging from what? {<huh}

I said that all along. He overreacted and then skateboard man and knife guy overreacted.

Just like if I saw you throw a bottle in a protest or concert. I would not have the right to pull out a knife and stab you
I think we just disagree on when the event started. I believe it began with his assault on the woman. You believe there are two separate incidents and that it began with the skateboard and knife guys going after him. We'll see what the letter of the law determines but it's obvious to me those guys would not have attacked him if not for his initial violent act.

Nonsense. That lady was violently thrown to the ground. It didn't call for a skateboard or knife but that guy needed to be detained. In most places doing something like that to a lady will get your ass kicked.

I agree that it would typically get you a well deserved ass kicking, but way back in this thread I asked someone how many people werer supposed to give it to him.

Oh, and skateboard to the head isn't defined as an ass kicking.

Seems like my "Facebook Grandpa" remark triggered the shit out of you, since you crapped out this derivative attempt at humor.

The social media rumors that the prosecutor was referring to were right wing rumors that the victim had a knife. Mega-facepalm.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/06/17/us/17reuters-new-mexico-protest.html

Just an internet rumor; you dunce

nm-knife.jpg

You clearly hear one of the attackers yelling "I'm going to f'n kill you" and can see the knife hit the street as the protester falls.

I agree that it would typically get you a well deserved ass kicking, but way back in this thread I asked someone how many people werer supposed to give it to him.

Oh, and skateboard to the head isn't defined as an ass kicking.
Those two guys should be charged too. The question is can a guy with a gun instigate a fight and still be able to claim self defense when he gets attacked? I want everyone to be armed but I also want them all to be forced to bear the burden of having to deescalate every situation before they shoot someone.

Just an internet rumor; you dunce

nm-knife.jpg

You clearly hear one of the attackers yelling "I'm going to f'n kill you" and can see the knife hit the street as the protester falls.

That's not inconsistent with what I said.

The guy might of had a knife, and the woman-beater certainly had an illegal gun.

Who do you think is going to get more prison time out of this incident?

Those two guys should be charged too. The question is can a guy with a gun instigate a fight and still be able to claim self defense when he gets attacked? I want everyone to be armed but I also want them all to be forced to bear the burden of having to deescalate every situation before they shoot someone.

I've looked at a lot of vids from that event and I can't for the life of me see where the shooter ever interacted with the 3 people attacking him - I'll gladly accept any evidence to the contrary. And he got away from the mob and went about 15 or 20 feet away from them to be followed by 3 people that were still attacking him.

I don't know how much more deescalating he could have done.

That's not inconsistent with what I said.

The guy might of had a knife, and the woman-beater certainly had an illegal gun.

Who do you think is going to get more prison time out of this incident?

Dude with the knife isn't being charged at all that I know of. Shooter isn't getting squat for the shooting itself - and I know that really bothers you lefties.

Back