Arlovski's weight training...true??

to be fair, I'm certain these fighters have experimented with a number of diferent protocols to find what they feel works best for them, and if they feel they succeed with shitty workouts, who's to say they're wrong?

Urban said:
to be fair, I'm certain these fighters have experimented with a number of diferent protocols to find what they feel works best for them, and if they feel they succeed with shitty workouts, who's to say they're wrong?

Afterwards he hits the pads, boxes, and wrestles. So overall I wouldn't say it's a shitty workout, but that portion of it isn't too good. I'm sure his abs got a good workout.

If you lift weights then do your normal workout you will get used to working your muscles while they are tired... helps i think.

I remember reading somewhere that AA stated that he lifts just to have a nice body. I remember seeing a fight clip that he fought in with some crazy ass guy (I think it was Viacheslav Datsik). AA's body looked no where near as it does now. You would not have know it was him.

Wolverine
///

Brand Nizzle said:
I read a few weeks ago a article in Flex magazine (I think it was) on Andrei Arlovski. I move of glanced at it because I didn't buy it, but whatever. In the mag they quoted Arlovski in saying "I owe a big part of my fighting career to body buidling" and they also had a chart of Arlovski's lifting program, and it was ALL 4 sets / 10 reps. Benching, squats, curls, everything 4 x 10

I was thinking to myself...that couldn't be accurate, and they must of mis quoted him...right? =/

Flex is well known for making up articles. He could have done it, or he might not have. Remember Arlovski is a professional athlete. That's all he does, so he might be able to do a workout like that and still recover in time to do his MMA training....

Alternatively, it could just have been BS to push their mag. You would have to ask AA to know for certain...

Back