Arlovski's weight training...true??

B

Brand Nizzle

I read a few weeks ago a article in Flex magazine (I think it was) on Andrei Arlovski. I move of glanced at it because I didn't buy it, but whatever. In the mag they quoted Arlovski in saying "I owe a big part of my fighting career to body buidling" and they also had a chart of Arlovski's lifting program, and it was ALL 4 sets / 10 reps. Benching, squats, curls, everything 4 x 10

I was thinking to myself...that couldn't be accurate, and they must of mis quoted him...right? =/

BBing magazines make shit up all the time.

But they interviewed him and everything, don't you think Arlovski knew what was going to be published? Why would he just lie about his weight training routine?

Haha do you think the company paid him off or something?

no, I don't think it was in deal for the interview that it include or exclude a sample workout. So I think the editors at flex took it upon themselves to make one up. It's not unusual that a fighter would use a shitty routine, but it's equally likely that the one listed in the article is not his.

It's possible that AA is lying about his routine to throw off his opponents.
I read that he said that he worked his upper back and chest on the same day.

So no one here thniks that that could of been his actual lifting routine? 4 x 10 on every lift?

you mean anaerobic threshold?

its not unusual for top atheletes to have pretty appalling workout programs, they do well in their sport despite what they do in the gym not because of it, due to natural ability

PikeKing said:
they do well in their sport despite what they do in the gym not because of it, due to natural ability

thats all it comes down to...

It doesnt matter how you lift weights, if you suck, you suck.

^ I saw the black dahlia murder in NYC. they were crazy

well if u lift for definition it also helps your muscles to not tire out... but that wourkout doesnt look that way.....

i could believe this because he trains with some Bodybuilders, however if you have been following his career he has been ripped and athletic looking the whole time

I could post one day from Cro-Cops workout that he shows in real time.

Martin Plunkett said:
Please do!

Alright, I have to actually watch it again, i'll try to see what weight he is using too. Then I will just post it in this spot ----> Circuit training, no breaks except for walking to the next station:

Glute Ham Raises 19 @ BW
Nautilius Ab Crunch Machine 50 @ 95% of stack
12 Sit-ups with feet raised
15 curls per arm with 25 lbs dbs
14 Dips @ BW

GHR's 15 @ BW
Nautilius AB 50 @ 95% stack, not so easy this time is it Cro Cop?
12 Sit-ups @ BW
9 Curls per arm with 25 lbs dbs

GHR's 12 @ BW
Nautilius AB 37 @ 95% of stack, very hard for Cro Cop
13 Curls per arm with 25lbs
15 Machine curls @ weight unknown
14 Tricep Press downs @ 90% of stack
9 Machine curls @ weight unknown
10 Tricep Press downs @ 90% of stack

---to be continued when I feel like it----

Brand Nizzle said:
^ I saw the black dahlia murder in NYC. they were crazy

Is Gruesome's Av of Kristen Kerr? Is that her from the 2005 movie still listed as in post-production by the IMDb? I just read Scarlett Johannson, Aaron EckHart, and Josh Harnett are going to star in a movie entitled "The Black Dahlia" directed by Brian De Palma, scheduled for release in 2006. That's pretty shameless (of Hollywood).

That image has so intrigued me for so long (although I said nothing) that when you mentioned "The Black Dahlia," I just went and read about the history behind this murder.

I must admit, it's fascinating.

Fedorable said:
Glute Ham Raises 19 @ BW
Nautilius Ab Crunch Machine 50 @ 95% of stack
12 Sit-ups with feet raised
15 curls per arm with 25 lbs dbs
14 Dips @ BW

GHR's 15 @ BW
Nautilius AB 50 @ 95% stack, not so easy this time is it Cro Cop?
12 Sit-ups @ BW
9 Curls per arm with 25 lbs dbs

GHR's 12 @ BW
Nautilius AB 37 @ 95% of stack, very hard for Cro Cop
13 Curls per arm with 25lbs
15 Machine curls @ weight unknown
14 Tricep Press downs @ 90% of stack
9 Machine curls @ weight unknown
10 Tricep Press downs @ 90% of stack

---to be continued when I feel like it----

thats another classic example of an athelete doing well despite his gym workouts, suprising that he does GHRs considering the rest of the crap he does

Back