Law Arkansas Bans Child Trans Surgery, Puberty Blockers For Minors, heads to governor’s desk

In the midst of all these woke initiatives by Arkansas, it’d be great if they’d affirm, ban n criminalize that family poon loving up to your first cousins / uncle / aunt level.

<Fedor23>

how has TRT treated you/ how long have you been taken it? any noticeable changes thus far?
Well I have nearly a decade of Testosterone replacement experience, but I wasn't prescribed until 2018, however. Its a night and day difference between having my testosterone and estrogen in range, VS out of range to at the bottom of the reference range. Things roll of my shoulders more, more energy, I dont overthink things, anxiety is gone, I also dont get depressed or lonely.

There is a bidirectional relationship between testosterone and dopamine. Also Estrogen and sense of well-being. Theres a consensus that estrogen is the "opposite" of testosterone, making you frail/weak. Its not. estrogen plays a huge role in male physiology and psychology. its neuroprotective, cardioprotective and is plays a huge role in sexual function. However you need testosterone to aromatize(convert) into estrogen.

My sense of well-being is the best its been in years.

Heres a bit more info on the subject from a neuroscientist professor at Stanford

So finally a bit of hope. There are still a few adults left with common sense.

I have noticed these are all states with lower than average IQ levels.

This is a good law that should be made national law. Children are not allowed to vote or drink alcohol they should not be allowed to undergo sex change surgery or take hormone blockers.

Evidence for puberty blockers use very low, says NICE
The evidence for using puberty blocking drugs to treat young people struggling with their gender identity is "very low", an official review has found.

The National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) said existing studies of the drugs were small and "subject to bias and confounding".

The assessment of the evidence into the drugs was commissioned by NHS England.

It is part of a review into gender identity services for children and young people.

NHS England said the advice would be considered by the review and it would not be commenting further.

Puberty blockers, known scientifically as gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogues, are prescribed to some young people with gender dysphoria - distress caused by a discrepancy between a person's gender identity (how they see themselves regarding their gender) and their sex at birth.

They work on the brain to stop the rise in sex hormones - oestrogen and testosterone - that accompany puberty.

These are the hormones that lead to changes in the body, such as periods starting, breasts forming or, in boys, their voice breaking.

The NICE evidence review looked at what impact puberty blockers had on gender dysphoria, mental health - such as depression, anger and anxiety - and quality of life.

NICE, which provides national guidance and advice to improve health and social care, said: "The quality of evidence for these outcomes was assessed as very low certainty."

The review sought to find out how treatment with GnRH analogues compared in terms of clinical effectiveness with other interventions that may be offered to young people with gender dysphoria.

These include psychological support, social transitioning to the desired gender - where a young person will identify as another gender by perhaps changing their pronouns and clothing, but does not take medication - or no intervention at all.

'Little data'
NICE found it was difficult to draw conclusions from existing studies because of the way they had been designed.

They were "all small" and didn't have control groups, which are used to directly compare the effect of different treatments.

There were other issues with the studies too, such as not describing what other physical and mental health problems a young person may have alongside gender dysphoria.

The review said there was "very little data" on any additional interventions - such as counselling or other drug treatments - the young people may have had alongside taking puberty blockers, and this could bias the results.

The impact of puberty blockers on bone density has been raised as a potential concern by some experts previously.

However, NICE found that without a "comparator group", it was not known whether any observed changes in bone density "are associated with GnRH analogues or due to changes over time".

Some argue that carrying out a controlled trial - which would provide better quality evidence - might be difficult because of the potential impact on mental health if treatment is withheld in one group.

NICE accepted this, but said offering psychological support to compare puberty blockers "may reduce ethical concerns in future trials".

The review found no evidence of cost-effectiveness of treatment.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56601386

<mma4>

Weird that so many politicians, celebs, "influencers" and even a few posters in this very thread assert that these drugs are a safe and effective treatment for gender dysphoria in young kids. Is that just a declaration of faith on their part then? Because there hasn't really been any evidence of it. This is experimental treatment on vulnerable children. As I asked before, how did all these "trans kids" survive the "wrong puberty" in all the previous millenia that humans have existed without these drugs to suppress their puberty?

Waiting for wardosanjos / ridenwitbiden to miraculously reincarnate in this thread...

Finally a law that protects kids.
Not whoever that is, but why is it the governments choice what anyone does with their bodies? Circumcision is still legal. Illegalize it all then

Evidence for puberty blockers use very low, says NICE

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56601386

Weird that so many politicians, celebs, "influencers" and even a few posters in this very thread assert that these drugs are a safe and effective treatment for gender dysphoria in young kids. Is that just a declaration of faith on their part then? Because there hasn't really been any evidence of it. This is experimental treatment on vulnerable children. As I asked before, how did all these "trans kids" survive the "wrong puberty" in all the previous millenia that humans have existed without these drugs to suppress their puberty?

Thanks for sharing this lit review. The problem with this is that the few studies they looked at were all super short. The purpose of GnRH analogues is to suppress the development of secondary sexual characteristics that may cause them distress as they grow into adulthood. A 3-6 month study cannot assess this. The only real thing this review says is that there is limited high-quality data. A more interesting study came out of Harvard sometime within the last year. It was an extremely large (maybe 27k?) cross-sectional study that compared mental health outcomes between transgendered people in the US who had access to GnRH analogues vs those who didn't. It was published in Pediatrics. You can look it up for more details.

I read an article a while back which stated that without sufficient penile growth in puberty it's very difficult and in some cases impossible to successfully complete gender reassignment surgery. So wouldn't giving puberty blockers to trans kids inevitably dash their dreams of fully transitioning? If they aren't able to develop sufficient secondary sex traits which make that transition possible then why give puberty blockers in the first place? You might have the desired immediate effect you're looking for, but in the long term it seems futile if you want the full experience of becoming a trans woman.

So I think I'm on board with the proposed law. At 18 you can do whatever you want. Monkeying with your physiology and anatomy in a permanent way when you're still an impressionable child isn't a great idea. And to whoever said the bill should have a provision for better access to mental health professionals, I 100% agree. Not so much that trans people need tons of treatment, but as kids they should be given skills to cope with the cards they've been dealt until they reach adulthood.
In their worldview, post-op is not the full experience of becoming a transwoman.

What I’m wondering is if they were always women already, why the need to transition?

Reactions: Err
Back