Elections Arizona Auditors Check Ballots for Bamboo fibers (conspiracy)

Yeah it’s pretty grim. They’re going to be running America virtually unopposed in a decade or so.

yeah I think america is going to be drastically different in 10-20 years. Especially with the MAGA cult at the levers of government.

our democracy is pretty much dead. You can’t have a little democracy. Either you have democracy or you don’t and the GOP is doing everything in their power to change that.

Yeah it’s pretty grim. They’re going to be running America virtually unopposed in a decade or so.

I don't think so (I hope). I think people are starting to wake up to the idea that letting these unhinged reactionary assholes get any power is far more dangerous than woke tweets from blue haired feminists.

You don't see it as much in online discourse because normies don't spend anywhere near the amount of time online

I don't think so (I hope). I think people are starting to wake up to the idea that letting these unhinged reactionary assholes get any power is far more dangerous than woke tweets from blue haired feminists.

You don't see it as much in online discourse because normies don't spend anywhere near the amount of time online

To some degree this is true but states are being redistricted to the point it guarantees their victory

I think it’s all but assured looking at the make up of the courts. With voter suppression, gerrymandering, and democrats becoming more concentrated in big urban centers we’ll hit a point where Republicans can’t be voted out.

I think presidential elections where Dems win the popular vote by 10 - 20 million votes and still lose the electoral college are in the cards.

There will be no defeating this type of insanity. Eventually it’s going to win out.

It's popular because there are so many intellectually lazy people in this country. I've noticed it over the last five years or so when I began questioning my coworkers' political beliefs. Eventually I discovered that the primary reason why they voted the way they do isn't because they have some interesting ideas on how the country should be run. It's not because they have any strong beliefs in any particular areas. It's simply because they're intellectually lazy. In fact they don't know anything about politics, and they certainly don't have any ideas on how to solve any of the actual problems the country faces—but they all share one thing in common: they don't like being wrong, and they're incapable of admitting when they are.

So what's the easiest way to avoid that? Surely it's to educate yourself and form intelligent arguments, right?

Wrong. The easiest way to avoid being wrong is to simply believe things that cannot be disproven. Like religion, for example. What's the most comforting part about religion? Is it the thought of an afterlife? The comfort in believing you exist for a reason? Nope. It's the fact that you have a system of belief that is utterly unassailable by those who oppose you. No matter what, you can always be right, and you can never be proven wrong.

Does that mean you're...actually right? Well, of course it doesn't. But you have to understand that this is not important. The important thing is, you never have to be faced with the prospect of being wrong. Your belief system is based on something that cannot be proven, ergo it cannot be disproven. This is immensely comforting to people. It is an ever-present safety net for the ego.

Now take that mindset, and apply it to politics. What do you get? Well you get the single issue voter of course. Are you Republican or Democrat? Well I'm a Republican because I'm against abortion. Nothing else matters and I'm not even going to discuss it, because I'm against abortion you disgusting baby killer. How can you agree with killing babies? You can't argue against killing babies, because everybody knows killing babies is wrong! Ergo, I'm always right about politics, and you can never prove me wrong. There's your safety net.

What else do you get? You get the conspiracy theorist. Do you know what the hallmark of a good conspiracy theory is? That it can never be disproven. That's why the JFK conspiracy theory has endured for so long, and it's why Trump's big election lie will be with us for the rest of our lives. It doesn't matter how many audits there are. It doesn't matter how much data is released. It doesn't matter if "the routers" are found and examined. Nothing will ever be enough to disprove the lie, because you can't prove a negative. Even if every shred of data is examined, they'll just say the "real" data was erased, and the conspiracy will live on. There's your safety net.

It's an epidemic of egotism and intellectual laziness, and it's a fight that has been waged since the dawn of the Age of Enlightenment. Because of Conservative talk shows, talk radio, and most recently Donald Trump, we have been losing ground in this fight for decades. I won't declare it lost, but everybody needs to do their part to vote for Science and shame these mouth-breathing imbeciles back into hiding.

Last edited:
yeah I think america is going to be drastically different in 10-20 years. Especially with the MAGA cult at the levers of government.

our democracy is pretty much dead. You can’t have a little democracy. Either you have democracy or you don’t and the GOP is doing everything in their power to change that.

But it never was a democracy. It was the illusion of a democracy.

The founding fathers were very well aware of tyranny of the majority - the problem is that people interpret that as some altruistic notion to protect the little guy, when the truth is that the minority they were referring to was themselves as wealthy land owners, and the majority everyone else. They, and their property, were to be protected from the masses taking it for themselves.

Ingeniously, in order to implement this system of control, they also recognized that ruling with an iron fist was no longer viable. That it was necessary to throw some crumbs to create a class of people who had something to lose. This would shield them from the desperate. They essentially enlisted the middle class to protect them from desperate revolution by convincing them that everything was fair, and/or a meritocracy. Unfortunately, things were deliberately codified in ambiguous language, so the law and political rule could always be interpreted differently by those with the means to do so. Hence a representative system of government. People are happy because they have a choice and a home in the suburbs. However, that choice is about the same as giving someone the choice of being shot in the head, or being run over by a truck. It's a choice, but the outcome is the same.

I will clarify that this outcome, or result, of our choices does differ depending on who is in office - to a certain extent. However, there are many aspects of our government that transcend party politics.

But it never was a democracy. It was the illusion of a democracy.

The founding fathers were very well aware of tyranny of the majority - the problem is that people interpret that as some altruistic notion to protect the little guy, when the truth is that the minority they were referring to was themselves as wealthy land owners, and the majority everyone else. They, and their property, were to be protected from the masses taking it for themselves.

Ingeniously, in order to implement this system of control, they also recognized that ruling with an iron fist was no longer viable. That it was necessary to throw some crumbs to create a class of people who had something to lose. This would shield them from the desperate. They essentially enlisted the middle class to protect them from desperate revolution by convincing them that everything was fair, and/or a meritocracy. Unfortunately, things were deliberately codified in ambiguous language, so the law and political rule could always be interpreted differently by those with the means to do so. Hence a representative system of government. People are happy because they have a choice and a home in the suburbs. However, that choice is about the same as giving someone the choice of being shot in the head, or being run over by a truck. It's a choice, but the outcome is the same.

I will clarify that this outcome, or result, of our choices does differ depending on who is in office - to a certain extent. However, there are many aspects of our government that transcend party politics.

That’s why America is in the shape it’s in today. We’re over represented by people who get less votes and the country has suffered for it.

a man who lost the popular vote twice and was a one term president got to pick 3 Supreme Court justices and these folks don’t represent the will of the majority at all. That’s just one small example but this is what happens when unpopular people and unpopular policy is passed by the minority. The republicans cannot win a popular vote yet their policy is being passed even though its widely unpopular

No. I said right after the election Trump lost and could have easily won if he handled covid differently.

I think this is true.

Despite all his failings, and there were many, the election was his to lose if he'd actually led during the pandemic. Been a voice of reason instead of complete insanity.

I think this is true.

Despite all his failings, and there were many, the election was his to lose if he'd actually led during the pandemic. Been a voice of reason instead of complete insanity.

when has Trump ever been the voice of reason and not been a compete psychotic?

it’s like asking a rabbit to grow wings and fly. It’s just not possible.

Normalize telling your conservative friends they are morons for going along with this….

when has Trump ever been the voice of reason and not been a compete psychotic?

it’s like asking a rabbit to grow wings and fly. It’s just not possible.

I think if someone had managed to convince him it was his best hope of winning the election he could have followed the script. Found a way to convince his idiot followers that a few sacrifices for the common good was American and heroic. He could have sold custom MAGA masks with gold trim

He could have told them that they were stronger than those weak-ass liberals and it was up to them to be strong and save the country, just like always. He could have made mask wearing a competition to see who was the most American, and encouraged his followers to shame any unpatriotic liberal who wasn't wearing a mask so they could destroy the economy and blame him.

I doubt liberals would fall for it, but they'd see the benefits of increased mask wearing and reduced deaths, and be a little less motivated to vote him the fuck out of office.

Trump%2B-%2BWhat%2BIf.jpg

I think if someone had managed to convince him it was his best hope of winning the election he could have followed the script. Found a way to convince his idiot followers that a few sacrifices for the common good was American and heroic. He could have sold custom MAGA masks with gold trim

He could have told them that they were stronger than those weak-ass liberals and it was up to them to be strong and save the country, just like always. He could have made mask wearing a competition to see who was the most American, and encouraged his followers to shame any unpatriotic liberal who wasn't wearing a mask so they could destroy the economy and blame him.

I doubt liberals would fall for it, but they'd see the benefits of increased mask wearing and reduced deaths, and be a little less motivated to vote him the fuck out of office.

Trump%2B-%2BWhat%2BIf.jpg

well one of the signs of a competent leader is that he/she surrounds himself/herself with smart and qualified people. Trump did none of those things and here we are today

Back