Ariel is 100%right about Amanda Nunes

She is definentily fucking up when it comes to the media situation. Sure she wants that time to train and prepare but she is not nowhere near the level of popularity that Ronda has. Ronda has that mystique while Nunes is like an John Lineker type fighter lile u know who she is and what she does but has no real opinion about her as a human being.

Imagine if she goes out there and just bashes Ronda, saying she is mentally fuckt and this and that. There's some golden opportunitys for her to become an even bigger star with a win.

What do you guys think? Is she handling this the wrong way?
Maybe not everyone is willing to publicly whore and degrade themselves for some attention and extra money.

People like Colin and Ronda aren't really acting when they're being douches. I mean, yeah of course they're embellishing it quite a bit, but they're naturally egotistical narcissists and can play it up for the cameras.

Amanda Nunes is just not that type. She tried to trash talk Meisha and her worst was repeating "I have all the tools to beat you" a few times, and it seemed so out of character. I like her fine the way she is, UFC is enough of a circus as it is.

I rather her not talk s*** if she is not capable.

Go out there and bash Ronda's face in and she will gain many fans.

She doesn't have to talk shit. If Amanda just showed up to open workouts, interacted with the fans and did a short scrum. Her stardum goes wayyyy up before the Ronda fight. If she follow through and destroys Ronda... she'll be a decent draw and gain tons of fans.

Ariel is spot on. Brilliant idea.

Nah. Running her mouth would just fuel Randal Drowsy's persecution fantasy. She'll become mega famous if she whips Ronda. If she loses, the shit talking would backfire. Besides, the best way to get under Rond-dingo's skin is to be calm/professional like Holly. Ronda is so stressed from having to suppress her naturally shitty personality that she removed herself from civilization. Keeping it cool is the best play for Nunes.

Nunes has stated she doesn't want to retire Ronda. She's never been a trash talker and only cares about fighting.

Nunes should do what makes her feel comfortable. All she needs to focus on is keeping that belt. Ariel is a little weasel that's always trying to stir up drama.

She might be taking the high road on this. She could have easily shown up to the pressers and ripped her apart for not wanting to show up. Of course it's also possible the UFC asked her to tone it down.

I think she just knows she doesn't need to do the pressers because her doing interviews isn't really going to make a difference as far as PPV buys.

She's just being herself, just like DJ and Stipe. They'll never be stars but they're fighters and that's that.

Maybe not everyone is willing to publicly whore and degrade themselves for some attention and extra money.

People like Colin and Ronda aren't really acting when they're being douches. I mean, yeah of course they're embellishing it quite a bit, but they're naturally egotistical narcissists and can play it up for the cameras.

Amanda Nunes is just not that type. She tried to trash talk Meisha and her worst was repeating "I have all the tools to beat you" a few times, and it seemed so out of character. I like her fine the way she is, UFC is enough of a circus as it is.

Willingness and ability are two completely different things. You start off talking about willingness but then your supporting paragraphs talk about ability.

Considering Amanda said she wanted to wait to fight Ronda because that's the big money fight I have no doubt she'd be willing to publicly 'whore' herself for attention and money. Her ability, on the other hand, seems lacking.

Ronda has media mystique for all the wrong reasons. Amanda doesn't need to waste time and give platitudes to the weasels that make up the MMA "media." Just train and win the fight. Getting a highlight win will give her a huge career boost and she will have her dignity intact (something Ronda will never know).

I think she just knows she doesn't need to do the pressers because her doing interviews isn't really going to make a difference as far as PPV buys.

That's possible too. But I'm sure she knows it will be the best opportunity she will ever have to sell herself. A fight with Honda is the highest profile fight a wmma fighter could ask for.

She is definentily fucking up when it comes to the media situation. Sure she wants that time to train and prepare but she is not nowhere near the level of popularity that Ronda has. Ronda has that mystique while Nunes is like an John Lineker type fighter lile u know who she is and what she does but has no real opinion about her as a human being.

Imagine if she goes out there and just bashes Ronda, saying she is mentally fuckt and this and that. There's some golden opportunitys for her to become an even bigger star with a win.

What do you guys think? Is she handling this the wrong way?

I don't know if she's handling it the wrong way, but I do appreciate that she isn't trying to force any trash talking. Amanda's always seemed business-like pre-fight, and this is just more of the same.

An article came out this morning that had some quotes. She wasn't nasty, but did call out the UFC for coddling Rousey. That's about the most you're gonna get out of her, and I like it; too many fighters acting weird as it is.

Maybe that's not her goal, though...maybe there are some fighters who like to be professional, keep their heads down, train hard and win fights...and maybe not every fan needs to be sold with WWE style promos, overexaggerrated (sp) personas and artificial "bad blood".

Ariel is boring with his "Nunes should do this", "Ferguson should do that"... Fighters should fight, and it's what they do, Ariel can keep all the drama for the journalists.
I agree with these posts.

Maybe Nunes thinks training instead of media will maximize her odds of winning. In which case, it's perfectly fine she chooses to train.
C0cwwS7WEAAbDtc.jpg

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

MMA fans love those pridne Parades
WTF???

That's possible too. But I'm sure she knows it will be the best opportunity she will ever have to sell herself. A fight with Honda is the highest profile fight a wmma fighter could ask for.

Given her hesitant English, I don't think she'd really be able to sell herself to the American masses doing interviews. Maybe she'd endear herself to hardcore fans but we already know who she is and already have an opinion on her. Also, I think the high profile of this fight is another reason it's not worth it to try to sell herself. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but my reasoning is people are so focused on Ronda, what Amanda says won't be but a blip if even that.

It's like having an ultra-bright spotlight in the middle of the room and you're standing there with a small flashlight trying to compete. Everyone's attention would be so focused on the spotlight they don't even notice the light coming from your flashlight. Kind of an odd analogy but I'm too full of Christmas cheer to think of a better one.

Now, if she beats Ronda (I hope not) or even is just competitive with her that's when she'll want to focus on marketing herself, improving her speaking skills, and overall brand. From there her fights will be against lesser names so people will actually pay attention to her because people will know her as the person who either beat Ronda or was competitive with Ronda. I don't know if she'd be able to have a rivalry and capitalize on it like Miesha did (you know Ronda set her up for life) but she could still use it as a springboard to wider popularity.

For those who don't know hesitant English is when a person seems to speak English fairly fluently but are very hesitant with their words so it comes across as a bit unnatural.

i would shows up to the press conference with a photo of rhonda k.o'd on a purple pillow and talk all kind of trash would be the best press ever

Willingness and ability are two completely different things. You start off talking about willingness but then your supporting paragraphs talk about ability.

Considering Amanda said she wanted to wait to fight Ronda because that's the big money fight I have no doubt she'd be willing to publicly 'whore' herself for attention and money. Her ability, on the other hand, seems lacking.
I talk about both because I think in her case both apply, she seems neither willing, nor very well suited for it.

And there isn't a single fighter who doesn't want a money fight, but not all of them would degrade themselves for it.

C0cwwS7WEAAbDtc.jpg

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

MMA fans love those pride Parades

Only a successful and hetrosexual individual like myself can sit there and compliment those big irish balls for the exquisite use of organic material that it is.

I talk about both because I think in her case both apply, she seems neither willing, nor very well suited for it.

And there isn't a single fighter who doesn't want a money fight, but not all of them would degrade themselves for it.

Yes, they all would. That's my point. If they weren't willing then they wouldn't be cage fighters in the first place.

Back