Ariel Helwani: Conor McGregor after every UFC fight always has to insert himself into the narrative

Well, yeah. Ariel made his own career

But, events / interviews of that magnitude can be pretty significant. Ariel was basically the guy doing all the big Interviews with Conor
Lol, what are we even arguing about here? Ariel is still very well known among hardcore fans and still nobody outside of the MMA world (although that may change if he switch's over to Basketball as I've been hearing people say he's trying too).

Cool, he did big interviews with Conor that only hardcore fans listened too and remains in the exact same position he was in prior to that, lol.

Well, yeah. Ariel made his own career

But, events / interviews of that magnitude can be pretty significant. Ariel was basically the guy doing all the big Interviews with Conor
tenor.gif

This is straight bullshit. Ariel was MMA biggest journalist way before Conor existed lol. What are you talking about?

Megalomania. Conor thinks it's all about him.

People defending Conor....... He told Dustin who he would be fighting next, it is ridiculous.

In those cases you're right.

Max and Dustin both want to fight Conor though, and Dustin is facing Khabib next... Conor wants Khabib. He may not deserve it but in UFC and his eyes, he's still a top contender.

That fight was very relevant to Conor. His next fight will be against Dustin or Max, I'd bet... or Khabib.

conor is in a must win spot that why he was looking at cowboy or nate diva for a while

conor is in a must win spot that why he was looking at cowboy or nate diva for a while

But UFC isn't willing to pay him the kind of money he wants, to fight gatekeepers. He priced himself out of gimme fights.

As usual, Conor taking cues from what Mayweather always does.

But UFC isn't willing to pay him the kind of money he wants, to fight gatekeepers. He priced himself out of gimme fights.

yes they did when he just signed that fresh new 6 fight deal. any fight conor is on sells alot so that all that matters for the ufc that why he was sloted to be comain vs cowboy in july.

the whole i want ownership talk was fake news. ufc not giving him something worth 70million.

Lol, what are we even arguing about here? Ariel is still very well known among hardcore fans and still nobody outside of the MMA world (although that may change if he switch's over to Basketball as I've been hearing people say he's trying too).

Cool, he did big interviews with Conor that only hardcore fans listened too and remains in the exact same position he was in prior to that, lol.
Nothing much

It was mostly when Ariel was being shunned by Dana, the UFC and the community. The whole crying incident, having his press credentials revoked, removed from UFC events, etc. It was dark times. Conor made sure Ariel was always that guy. That is respect and can make a difference, especially In image during those moments.

More casuals pay attention to Conor than any other MMA fighter In history so I'm not really getting the point that only hardcore fans listened. He's one of the biggest stars on the planet. Ariel's career as the best MMA journalist was set in stone regardless, but being the guy to a star of that magnitude..especially for "an experience with Conor" and all the other big interviews during crucial moments.. It's a little silly to think that wouldn't make a slight difference to your career.

but maybe I'm wrong and overrating the significance It could have.

Nothing much

It was mostly when Ariel was being shunned by Dana, the UFC and the community. The whole crying incident, having his press credentials revoked, removed from UFC events, etc. It was dark times. Conor made sure Ariel was always that guy. That is respect and can make a difference, especially In image during those moments.

More casuals pay attention to Conor than any other MMA fighter In history so I'm not really getting the point that only hardcore fans listened. He's one of the biggest stars on the planet. Ariel's career as the best MMA journalist was set in stone regardless, but being the guy to a star of that magnitude..especially for "an experience with Conor" and all the other big interviews during crucial moments.. It's a little silly to think that wouldn't make a slight difference to your career.

but maybe I'm wrong and overrating the significance It could have.
I personally think you are cause Ariel is still only really known among hardcore fans, the Conor interviews didn't turn casual Conor fans into Ariel followers because they only care about Conor so if Conor isn't involved they aren't paying attention and if you ask them who the interviewer was for those things you will more than likely be met with a blank stare.

Not the best timing to point this out. Why wouldn't Conor comment on this fight?

It's two guys he's beat fighting for a chance to fight Khabib for the LW belt.

Conor's not inserting himself into the narrative, the narrative was built around Conor.
Yeah the countdown did quite literally start with the bus incident. Ariel's right overall but wrong on this instance

He really only talks when the fights are in his weight class. Hes also fought both guys before so his opinion is pretty relevant IMO.

yes they did when he just signed that fresh new 6 fight deal. any fight conor is on sells alot so that all that matters for the ufc that why he was sloted to be comain vs cowboy in july.

the whole i want ownership talk was fake news. ufc not giving him something worth 70million.

The fight didn't happen, and not because of injuries. Money was the issue.

UFC wanted Conor to co-main event and take less money. They have the right to re-negotiate after losses.

The fight didn't happen, and not because of injuries. Money was the issue.

UFC wanted Conor to co-main event and take less money. They have the right to re-negotiate after losses.

the 6 fight deal is what it is. conor being the comain was a win win for all. conor only 3 rounds and sells 2 million ppvs. conor gets paid ufc get paid. what the problem

with all these changes maybe they forgot to keep Ariel on the payroll, he finally had something negative to say about connor

Correct me if I’m wrong but Conor beat both of those guys who just fought for the interm title. He’s part of the narrative, if anything Ariel is injecting himself into this.....
Joe Duffy finished Conor McGregor and we aren't linking him to Dustin and Max even though he did beat the guy who beat these two...see how MMA math works?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back