Elections Argentina’s new Libertarian President Javier Milei

they voted in an actual crazy person who hears noises in the walls lol

It’s over for them

My dude, privatization is a very tight rope to walk. The potential for corruption in the sales is off the charts.

BTW, how is the balance of power in the Legislative? Does he even have enough of a majority to pass anything of what he proposed?

For starters, getting rid of the Central Bank and your currency would require a constitutional change I presume. What's the process for that?
There is no need for a constitutional change for killing Central Bank. Also you can change the constitution with 2/3rd of legislators.. last time they did it was in the 90s. We don't value constitution nearly as much as americans do.

And he barely has any legislators because is a new party with mostly outsiders.. they have been around for 2 years I think. Senators renew 1/3rd every 2 years and representatives (diputados) is one half every 2 years. He has a long way to go if he makes it for 4 years.

So he can do jack shit alone.. he will need to meet others in some middle ground. Nothing will be nearly as drastic as people think.

I think he will do a great job, good move by Argentina.

The world needs more Libertarian candidates, bring freedom back to the people.
Problem with this, outside of the people that voted for him, he won't have the support of the Senate nor the army. I could see a coup. We'll see.

There is no need for a constitutional change for killing Central Bank. Also you can change the constitution with 2/3rd of legislators.. last time they did it was in the 90s. We don't value constitution nearly as much as americans do.

Central Bank isn't a constitutionally created institution? No wonder the government du jour can push them around to print money.

And he barely has any legislators because is a new party with mostly outsiders.. they have been around for 2 years I think. Senators renew 1/3rd every 2 years and representatives (diputados) is one half every 2 years. He has a long way to go if he makes it for 4 years.

So he can do jack shit alone.. he will need to meet others in some middle ground. Nothing will be nearly as drastic as people think.

Oh! So he's basically fucked then.

Nothing I've seen of the guy so far indicates that he has the political skills to get the traditional parties to agree to anything he has proposed.

Specially when all they have to do to get rid of him is to sit down and do nothing while he flails around in utter impotence, unable to fulfil any of his promises, all the while the economy continues its trajectory towards the shitter.

So either he plays ball or they let him crash and burn without lifting a finger against him.

Problem with this, outside of the people that voted for him, he won't have the support of the Senate nor the army. I could see a coup. We'll see.

Sounds rough. Hopefully they like up with the will of the people.

Sounds rough. Hopefully they like up with the will of the people.

Where does this talk of coups come from? They just don't have to pass his proposals an left him stewing in his own impotence.

2nd choice was our economy minister. We have 60% of poverty and 140% inflation and both numbers have been going up for a while now.

shits deep
We all could be living in Darfur.

Can't work your way outta that

Where does this talk of coups come from? They just don't have to pass his proposals an left him stewing in his own impotence.
Happens often if you came from left field and is not part of the system or you failed to build connections with high ranking military officials. Eg. Thailand and Myanmar.

Back