Aren't punches way too dangerous to use in real fights?

I got into a few fights, and I never broke my hands. Nuff said.

You won't feel it, what with all the adrenaline, until at least a few minutes after the fight is over.

there was an entire sport dedicated to it....durrr

Do boxers train to punch with certain knuckles? But yea, I'd be wary to hit the jaw straight on I think, but I'm not sure.

Every martial art should require their students to break slates with their fists so they don't end up scared to punch someone's face or worry about sufficient wrist protection when buying gloves.

Every martial art should require their students to break slates with their fists so they don't end up scared to punch someone's face or worry about sufficient wrist protection when buying gloves.

theres just one problem.... board dont hit back

elbows and only punch to the nose or chin. don't risk going near the forehead or above the eyes level.

also headbutts are a good option too.

I've never broken my hand, hit properly. And dont aim for the forhead.

But as someone already said, palmstrikes are good since u dont hurt your hand.

a nice jab to the throat works wonders if it doesn't kill them.

people who break there hands are people who are used to punching with gloves.good Karate guys never break there hand because they dont train with gloves and always make contact with the first 2 knuckles.

if you hit with the first 2 knuckles you wont break your hand.

people who break there hands are people who are used to punching with gloves.good Karate guys never break there hand because they dont train with gloves and always make contact with the first 2 knuckles.

if you hit with the first 2 knuckles you wont break your hand.

thats quite a bold statement. didnt machida break his hand in the first shogun fight? haha

thats quite a bold statement. didnt machida break his hand in the first shogun fight? haha

Ouch. Good point. The fact of the matter is that anyone hitting with a bare knuckled fist is against a solid object is subject to breaking their knuckles or some other part of their hand.

yeah usually when hands break its the bones that connect the wrist to the knuckle. not the actually knuckle itself. thats why simply taping your HAND, not knuckle can help you crack hard with bare knuckles.

in all honesty... i keep a role of 1 inch tape in my car just incase i have to fist fight someone.. hahah.

YouTube - Ray Kimbo Protege vs Jorge 2

kinda like how jorge had his hands taped. around the hand and wrist... support baby! something simple like that can allow you to punch so much harder bare knuckle.

In a street fight throwing a kick when your both standing is suicide, at least wait till you drop them.

some one told me one time that if your fighting with out gloves you shouldn't throw a full power punch. Something about most guys can throw hard enough to knock some one out but that its more about a decent punch hitting the right spot. I dono, I've only ever been in one real street fight and all I did was elbow the guy in the nose and punch him in the back a few times when he was down then I ran. It wasnt any thing like i built it up in my mind to be and I'm sure from a spectators view it looked like something from a comedy movie. My opinion is the best strategy is just not to get into street fights unless some one isnt leaving you any other option.

Kicking is fine if youre good at them. You have shoes on though, stay far away and use them. Use a straight or side kick to the head, if he gets you down he probably doesnt know how to escape bjj subs so just worry about not hitting your head on the way down. Kicks have danger, but they fucking hurt and you can stay far- its worth the risk if your fast enough.

As far as punches, without gloves Id rather save fists for the beginning or finishing him, the hand is precious and if you can prevent breaking them why not? If its a long fight and you save your fists till the end theyll be so fresh.

Kicking is fine if youre good at them. You have shoes on though, stay far away and use them. Use a straight or side kick to the head, if he gets you down he probably doesnt know how to escape bjj subs so just worry about not hitting your head on the way down. Kicks have danger, but they fucking hurt and you can stay far- its worth the risk if your fast enough.

As far as punches, without gloves Id rather save fists for the beginning or finishing him, the hand is precious and if you can prevent breaking them why not? If its a long fight and you save your fists till the end theyll be so fresh.

inb4responses

punches.... too... dangerous... to... use... in... fights.............

Are legs too risky to use in a marathon?

Back