Opinion Are you planning to vote for the US election?

Are you going to vote?

• Total voters
Can you explain this process? Is this where they paid it off themselves (why would they need you?), or are leftists are paying it off in order to harvest ballots, essentially?

Did they all pay it themselves? Just curious. Because otherwise, it's not good and you are anything but noble for being involved.
You don't really deserve to vote until you have paid to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and walked uphill in the snow both direction to the polling place.

yup...

voted for gore, kerry, mcccain, romney and hillary.. so i've been on the losing side for the past 20 years..

voting for biden this time around..

Well you will stay consistently on the losing side by voting Biden.

Join the winning team and Make America Great Again!

Who is the US election running against?

Can you explain this process? Is this where they paid it off themselves (why would they need you?), or are leftists are paying it off in order to harvest ballots, essentially?

Did they all pay it themselves? Just curious. Because otherwise, it's not good and you are anything but noble for being involved.

It's multi-faceted. I imagine there are elements you would approve of and some you would not. I am perfectly comfortable with all of it.

The main thing people don't understand is this does not merely impact felons who were just released from prison. It effects every felon that was ever in prison. It effects people that finished their probation and paid their restitution 50 years ago.

Most of the people have long ago done their time and paid restitution. They just don't know for sure they have and don't know how to confirm it. The state makes that difficult for them to do (on purpose). We help them do that. Then, if they want to register to vote, we show them how. Once they start the registration process, we have no idea whether they are registering as a Democrat or Republican unless they tell us. It is certainly safe to say the majority register as Democrats. But some have registered as Republicans.

If it turns out they owe restitution, provided they are not convicted of murder or sexual offenses, they can apply for assistance from the Fine and Fees Fund. I am not very involved with the assistance application process. Not everyone who applies is accepted. People convicted of violent crimes raerly receive assistance. Also, people who committed financial crimes like embezzling or money laundering almost never get assistance. If someone owes hundreds of thousands of dollars, they will unlikely get assistance.

If someone is given assistance, they are not given money. All monies are paid directly to either the relevant county clerk of court, or where the judge directed. The state and the victims get the money.

Last edited:
LOL- That's funny. I am not just giving money. I am physically going out to people. I am helping them find what if anything they owe. For a lot of them, just finding out is hard as fuck. I help them with paperwork if they need it.

Let me tell you about the last fellow I got squared away. He is 71 years old. He completed his probation in 1979. He still owed $1800 or so in restitution and fees. The initial amount was almost $50,000. He has been whittling away at it all this time. Had a lien on his home as well.

This cat finished his time 41 years ago. Finally, Florida passes the referendum. But then the legislature passes the law about paying the fees before they can register. Super frustrating, but whatever. We helped him and now he is getting to vote for the first time in his life.
So he hasn't completed his debt to society. It's part of sentencing for a reason. No problem with helping people find out how much they owe, but people literally paying for it is disgusting to me. Might as well end people's probation early so they can vote!

So he hasn't completed his debt to society. It's part of sentencing for a reason.

Well......Now he has completed his debt. He got assistance from the fund to pay the last S1800 of his fees. Now the State has their money. Now the victims have their restitution. And now he can vote. Everyone is better off.

For those that choose to menstruate over this, realize you are saying that you would rather victims and states go unpaid than an additional person not addicted to your overlords ball sweat be allowed to vote. That's fucking low.

I used to never understand how anyone could remain undecided up until election night.

But dammit, why is it that no matter what it's only weighing cons. Anyway, I'm finally grateful I'm in a state where my vote's not an issue. They'll probably announce a winner before the polls close which has become par for the course.

That would be nice. Nothing like Florida where it is a Royal Rumble every 4 years.

So he hasn't completed his debt to society. It's part of sentencing for a reason. No problem with helping people find out how much they owe, but people literally paying for it is disgusting to me. Might as well end people's probation early so they can vote!

In 2 States (ME and VT) people can vote from prison

In 18 states and DC
, people can vote the second they walk out of the prison doors. Even if they are on probation. In my opinion, that's the way it should be everywhere.

In 2 other states (CA and CT) voter rights are restored immediately after parole.

In 19 other states- Once you are done with your probabtion you can vote. you do not have to complete financial restitution.

Florida and a small number of other states are the outliers.

Last edited:
I don't see how that's "sensitive", as flirting with not honoring a peaceful transition of power is...well, pretty much goes completely against democracy. And yeah, Joe Biden does suck. If he wins, I would be shocked if he doesn't retire within a year due to "medical issues". Just to be clear, I think they're both sacks of shit...as always.
That is true. But if you consider the implications of mail-in voting (delaying results for potentially weeks), ballot harvesting, then you can understand his reluctance to commit to a statement. What I believe (maybe falsely) is that he would accept the results when they are clear, not when CNN or Nancy Pelosi say they are clear.
LOL NO. Voting is merely providing consent to a violent and coercive system of rule.
And not voting is somehow not consenting? Are you , what's the term? A Sovereign citizen! That's it. You can just choose not to play. If you think that way, it does indeed become violent and coercive, but only because you've opted to not be a responsible human being and follow the same rules as everyone else.
Yah, I'll vote. Straight 3rd party/write ins, but I'll vote. Fuck the Republicans and the Democrats at this point.
I can respect that. Jo Jorgensen seems reasonable and competent at first glance.
Well......Now he has completed his debt. He got assistance from the fund to pay the last S1800 of his fees. Now the State has their money. Now the victims have their restitution. And now he can vote. Everyone is better off.
For those that choose to menstruate over this, realize you are saying that you would rather victims and states go unpaid than an additional person not addicted to your overlords ball sweat be allowed to vote. That's fucking low.
The obvious counter-point to this is that YOUR overlords now have given this guy something for nothing so he will be beholden to them. You've been working to help these guys to regain their rights, but the fact that you are keeping track of which way they intend to use that right says that you have motives that aren't selfless.

And not voting is somehow not consenting?

Yup.

Are you , what's the term? A Sovereign citizen! That's it.
Nope. I am a human with dignity and self respect. Unlike yourself, a mindless, submissive, GIMP. Yup, that's it.

You can just choose not to play. If you think that way, it does indeed become violent and coercive, but only because you've opted to not be a responsible human being and follow the same rules as everyone else.
The "lesser of two evils" argument has grown old and stale. And most people have voted with this mindset along with loyalty to party as opposed to sticking to their core principles and beliefs. They do so naively believing that they can "change the system from within" when in truth the system is deeply entrenched, is stacked against them and keeps rolling along getting more oppressive, violent and coercive. You and all these other people live under the delusion that you are making a difference, making things better this time around when all your doing is perpetuating this same evil. Have some respect and dignity for yourself and just walk away. Quit being taken for the fools that you are.

Last edited:
The obvious counter-point to this is that YOUR overlords now have given this guy something for nothing so he will be beholden to them. You've been working to help these guys to regain their rights, but the fact that you are keeping track of which way they intend to use that right says that you have motives that aren't selfless.

Wrong.

The FRRC is not a Democratic organization. Bloomberg is just one of many people donating to the fund to help folks pay their fees. Many of the donors and volunteers are Republicans.

Remember this referendum passed with nearly 2/3 of the vote. There are few things 66% of Florida agrees on. You do not get 66% of Florida to agree on something without a LOT of Republican support.

We don't ask party affiliation at any point in the process. Even when we help them register. The only time we know is when we're told. Which in my personal case is about half the time.

As I have mentioned, I have personally helped people that told me they registered as Republicans and plan on voting for Trump.

I do not dispute my personal motivations for helping are political. I expect that most of the people that register will vote for my guy. But I will probably keep helping after the election.

Last edited:
Voted Trump for no other reason than I didnt like Hillary. I was telling my wife the other day, that Im not sure if Im gonna vote this time around. The lesser of two evils line of thinking is bullshit IMHO. I feel like a vote for either is a co-signature to each candidate's madness. Not sure I can do that this time around. Im I wrong? Should I vote for who I think is going to make love to me instead of rough fucking me into oblivion? Either way im fucked.

Yes.
The only other time I've voted is when DeSantis ran against a gay methhead in Florida who wanted to implement a state income tax. Glad we dodged that bullet.

Back