• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you okay with Aldo getting a TS after last night?

The problem is Aldo has been basic af over his last 6-7 fights. Hardly utilizes leg kicks anymore, has made that switch to full-time boxer and that's why he was talking about retiring to try and go pro boxing. Henry will be able to do just enough on the feet to keep Aldo at bay and will mix in takedowns and maul Aldo on the ground.

Fuck no. He looked slow and while it was a close fight I have no problem with the decision. The commentating crew was really skewed towards Aldo as well.

The problem is Aldo has been basic af over his last 6-7 fights. Hardly utilizes leg kicks anymore, has made that switch to full-time boxer and that's why he was talking about retiring to try and go pro boxing. Henry will be able to do just enough on the feet to keep Aldo at bay and will mix in takedowns and maul Aldo on the ground.

This I was yelling at my monitor for him to kick the legs. I remember back to when he annihilated Faber's legs to the point where he could barely stand. And I can't even remember him throwing one in this fight.

This I was yelling at my monitor for him to kick the legs. I remember back to when he annihilated Faber's legs to the point where he could barely stand. And I can't even remember him throwing one in this fight.

Exactly bro, he just wants to bang now. I respect it, but that guy could be champion again if he went back to that kick heavy style he used to have.

Exactly bro, he just wants to bang now. I respect it, but that guy could be champion again if he went back to that kick heavy style he used to have.

Yea man, just look at what Volk did to Max.

It's a bit sketchy, the man still has the loss on his record and we are just getting closer and closer to the clown show that UFC wants to be.

However, Aldo is a nightmare matchup for Cejudo and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see it.

Well he lost....If he won maybe, but he lost.

Kinda fucked up if it happens.

Fact is, Moraes got the judges' nod.

Ignoring the results of fights because they don't set up the matches we wanted to see is a sure road to a shitshow.

Fuck no. He looked slow and while it was a close fight I have no problem with the decision. The commentating crew was really skewed towards Aldo as well.

Slow?
What the fuck are you talking about?
He looked better than he's looked in a while.

Yup, imo he won, even if a close fight, Moraes wouldnt deserve it so, yeah, give Aldo a title fight.

I thought he won the fight but no he shouldnt get a title shot. There are guys like Yan and Sterling who are ahead of him.

Even if he won I think he should need another win but had he won I think he might have jumped the line but dont think he should off a loss and with other contenders in the div.

No...... and I'm an Aldo backer....... and he lost on the cards. What kind of message does this send to rest of 135 division ?

Numbers next to names and actual wins/losses take a back seat to popularity and off the cuff opinions by Dana White.

This shit is getting crazy.

Mods, hook a dogger up with a poll...

I'm not mad at it (not Aldo fanboy bias) tbh. Frankie got 2 TS off of losses and Romero will probably be getting one soon as well coming off a loss.

Plus , Dana and many fans including myself had Aldo winning that fight . Aldo is a legend and looked fantastic in his BW debut against a dangerous and explosive #1 CONTENDER so fuck it, book it pink goof.

Cejudo also thinks Aldo won and wants that fight. All the more reason to get this thing booked, I'm so fucking excited.

2020 BW Champ
View attachment 694637
WAR ALDO
No. It was fucking stupid when Frankie got it. Why is making previous dumb decisions a reason for making more dumb decisions?

I'm automatically against fighters getting title shots off of loses, except in ultra-rare emergency cases (after others have refused the fight).

I had 2-1 Aldo however and like Aldo a lot, so in the sea of unearned shots (IMO--keeping in mind he's lost twice in a row)...this one bothers me less than others I guess.

Aldo won the fight, even the boss man Dana said so. Only trolls and haters scored for Marlon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back