• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you okay with Aldo getting a TS after last night?

When in doubt, credit the opinion of an experienced mma announcer who is stoned out of his mind for most of his life..

joe pronounced it with an “R”.. baaaaked

After BMF belt, all Romero, Conor and Edgar title shots, I thought no one would care about a system that doesn't exist. Belts are meaningless.

Nothing against the principle of rewarding greats, and Aldo's not the same guy who pretty much dominated for a decade, but Cejudo already beat Moraes and Aldo's still got the TDD to make it a good match-up.

If they're gonna make it, better make it now. Aldo won't improve even if he wins his next. So the match-up won't get better, but worse.

I just worry Cejudo knocks him out, even though Aldo would've killed the style he brings like 5 years ago.

We usually agree on everything so it's worth seeing if one can convince the other. I don't think it's very fair of the UFC to put Aldo ahead of Marlon but I also wasn't that interested in giving Marlon another shot at the belt so soon after losing to Henry. So it doesn't bother me all that much at the moment.
It doesn't have to be either Moraes or Aldo next for the title. If Dana thinks that the Moraes/Aldo decision was bad then he should make an immediate rematch, not hand Aldo a title shot off of it.

Every BW fighter in the top 5 riding a win streak has a much, much stronger case for a title shot there than Aldo. #2 Sterling has won 4 in a row in the division. #3 Yan is undefeated (6-0) since entering the UFC. #4 Sandhagen is undefeated in the UFC and riding a 4 fight win streak in the division. Aldo has one fight in the division and it was a loss.

And again, I'm an Aldo fan. But I would like to see him earn what he gets at BW based on merit and not his name because I know that he is good enough to. He isn't one of the fighters that needs Dana's help to prop him up as a title contender without earning it. He is more than capable of doing it himself.

Last edited:
Marlon wasn't getting the title shot anyway so this only helps him. If Aldo wins he gets the next shot as he already beat him.
It's pointless for someone you beat to go ahead of you. Marlon should have never been put in this situation.

It's pointless for someone you beat to go ahead of you. Marlon should have never been put in this situation.

I agree, but for Marlon nothing would have changed had he beat another opponent. Who ever he beat he wouldn't have been given the next shot as he just lost to the champ. Now he has a win over a legend in Aldo and if Aldo does win, he won't even need another fight to be next in line due to him just having just beat the champion. For him its a win win situation. However in regards to Sterlin and Yan its completely unfair as now they may have to wait while this mess plays out.

Marlon lost to Cejudo pretty recently so I don't mind that much.
They should have never put Marlon in this situation then.

Hey marlon you get to fight aldo,if you win...HE GETS THE TITLE SHOT AND NOT YOU LOL

I’m pretty ok with it. He’s paid his dues, performed well in his recent fights, and proven himself to be a champion level fighter. Plus, Aldo arguably got fucked over by the judges in the Moraes fight.

I understand both sides of the argument though, Marlon Moraes did win and is undeniably one of the best in the world and deserving of a TS. On the other hand, he did just lose to Henry Cejudo, so why not give Aldo a shot at Triple C in the mean time?

I think that’s a more intriguing matchup right now and the fight the people want to see.

It doesn't have to be either Moraes or Aldo next for the title. If Dana thinks that the Moraes/Aldo decision was bad then he should make an immediate rematch, not hand Aldo a title shot off of it.

Every BW fighter in the top 5 riding a win streak has a much, much stronger case for a title shot there than Aldo. #2 Sterling has won 4 in a row in the division. #3 Yan is undefeated (6-0) since entering the UFC. #4 Sandhagen is undefeated in the UFC and riding a 4 fight win streak in the division. Aldo has one fight in the division and it was a loss.

And again, I'm an Aldo fan. But I would like to see him earn what he gets at BW based on merit and not his name because I know that he is good enough to. He isn't one of the fighters that needs Dana's help to prop him up as a title contender without earning it. He is more than capable of doing it himself.

That makes sense. I can go with that. They should fight again and someone like Sterling gets the shot.

Yes, he won his last fight. I'm tired of bullshit judges robbing fighters and fans with terrible decisions.

I love it

Fuck the uneducated judges and the shitty commissioner who appoints them.

Aldo was robbed. He won decisively. Every media scorecard had it for Aldo.

I think he won that fight, but he doesn´t deserve title shot yet.
Absolutely not.

He drops to 135, loses his only fight there, and gets handed a title shot? That is fucking nonsense. And I am an Aldo fan.

He arguably won that fight.

i scored it for moraes. Aldo was coming forward and eating shots. Aldo was out struck both rounds 1 and 3. Anyone calling it robbery is an idiot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back