• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you okay with Aldo getting a TS after last night?

I love Aldo, was rooting for him like always, i wish him the best etc...but he lost.
It was close, you can award him the decision if you want but the 3 judges did not.
Life goes on.
And now they are talking about giving him a TS, they also talk about giving conor a shot if he beats ceronne...
Wtf ???? They are really trying to hurt the sport at this rate

Would cejudo fight joe b before facing Aldo though?? Surely they will have to rotate the div he defends in and he couldn’t defend two times in a row in one.

Mods, hook a dogger up with a poll...

I'm not mad at it (not Aldo fanboy bias) tbh. Frankie got 2 TS off of losses and Romero will probably be getting one soon as well coming off a loss.

Plus , Dana and many fans including myself had Aldo winning that fight . Aldo is a legend and looked fantastic in his BW debut against a dangerous and explosive #1 CONTENDER so fuck it, book it pink goof.

Cejudo also thinks Aldo won and wants that fight. All the more reason to get this thing booked, I'm so fucking excited.

2020 BW Champ
View attachment 694637
WAR ALDO
Who did you lose that AV bet to, and can we shame him for having zero creativity?? Just a stock pic of Moraes? Why even make an AV bet?

Is anyone really gonna argue against it THAT hard? The people love aldo. I love aldo. Everyone loves the man. Since losing his title he’s gotten raw deal after raw deal. It’s time for this man to take back his throne one more time.

Since losing his title he was in 3 straight title fights?

Not that Raw IMO

I say yes only because the UFC owes him for the Conor fiasco.

Could we please treat MMA as a sport? Where best fight the best, not the most popular. Cejudo wants an easier fight with a bigger pay day so we should give it to him? Petr Yan is the man who deserves his shot and nobody wants to fight that mfer. Aldo lost a close fight, not a robbery, he’s 0-1 as a BW and 2-4 in his last 6. Great guy for sure, but doesn’t deserve a TS

Nope.
Then again im not ok with him at 135.

Why not? He dropped down and had a razon thin decision with the number 2 guy in the division. That's all the proof you should need to see that he can hang at 135.

People thought he was going to get absolutely destroyed (and a lot of people didn't believe he'd even make weight) but he basically fought the number 2 guy to a draw.

A title shot is a bit dubious, but I wouldn't argue with it too much.

I think were in an era where you don't necessarily have to string together multiple wins to get a title shot. Romero hasn't really been beat, yeah sure he was out pointed by Costa. But in order to solidify Adesanya as champion he needs to beat him.

Aldo is past his prime and Cejudo just wants that Rio pay day. Cejudo should fight a top contender, Benavidez or Aljamain Sterling or someone like that.

I'm all for Aldo being destroyed by Cejudo so he can continue his slide into BJ Penn territory. The sooner this happens, the sooner we see him in Bellator.

Absolutely not and he's my favorite fighter.

Yan
Sterling
Sandhagen

All ahead of him. I still think he won Saturday but give him Sandhagen or Sterling next.

Cejudo fights Yan.

No, but he definitely beat Marlon in my book. Yan and Aljo have been waiting. Either one or both should fight for the title first. Aldo should take the time to adjust to the weight class and possibly train with smaller faster guys. Not being the faster guy out there was giving Aldo a lot of problems. Really show cased the holes in his defense and over reactions to his opponents attacks.

No. He lost and it was his debut at the weight class. Despite who you think won, it was razor thin and goes down as a loss on his record. Let him win 2-3 fights and he can get a crack.

His next fight should be a defense of his 125 belt or they should strip him of it. But I think they're probably gonna junk the division anyway. If his next fight is at 135 let it be against Yan. Urijah would have got a shot if he had won, and Aldo has only had 1 fight in the division which was an L even if it was a close fight. But of course even in the OP you've pointed out some dubious title shots they've previously given and there's been many more so there's a good chance that Aldo will be getting it. This isn't exactly a sport per se.

Back