Are you happy with your current job?

I'm 53 and I have been at the same company for 25 years. I make a decent living. I have to work hard 9 more years before I partially retire.
Last year I was put in a different department selling to a different client and they changed my commission structure were I am making less money.
I am thinking about quitting my job. It is scary but in this job market it might be the right time?

I am content at the moment, however, given my current income, something will need to change soon. I am being forced out of my apartment, and my rent will increase by $500 a month within the next year and a half. I will not be able to afford to rent at that point, and im unsure of what I will do. I may become homeless as I don't see myself finding a higher paying job. Despite this I have no motivation to better my life. I just don't care what happens to me at this point.

honestly feel the same way

good thing is when you dont care about your own life is you are free to do anything

I'm retired so I love my job!

ah i remember you saying something about knee operation so i thought you are
Oh no you’re right but I’m currently burying my head in the sand and doing absolutely nothing about it
:)

Oh no you’re right but I’m currently burying my head in the sand and doing absolutely nothing about it
:)
JVs8m58.jpg

Do you have dreams about it, do you feel hungry, motivated?
Im thinking about signing to college again, for nutrition and dietition, i want to be a dieticion. I love sports and i spend lots of time doing it, i live healthy and i think this is the job for me, that i want to do rest of my life, i dont want to arrive to an age when i regret not following my dreams.
What you say Sherdog?
Follow your passion bro! Invent some crazy fad diet. Become a gazillionaire.

-remember me when you're famous bro!

Working for the same Company for 7 Years now. I'm 29 Years old and had a dispute with my Parents back then. Ended up on the Street and fought my way back.

Now I earn more Money than my Parents together, drive a much better car and live in a nice Apartment with my GF.

It was not easy but it's worth it. Hard Times create strong Humans. I'm grateful for everything and just try to enjoy my life at the moment. Doing whatever makes Fun, spending a lot of Time with my GF ect. Because Tomorrow never knows.

#fabiabless

<13>

so yeah i'm happy.

I get bored doing anything too long. That's why I try to do a couple different things to keep it a little fresher. Don't really know what I could do that would be much better than what I'm doing now, but I would still gladly give up my job if I won the lottery.

I'm happy with my career. It's very fulfilling, and I have great job satisfaction. My line of work is very hard on the soul, however. Most people dont last more than 5 years or so. I'm coming up on 10.

I do what I do for love of public service, and so that others don't have to.

I'm looking to change careers soon. I'll gove what I have left in me until I do.

I finish up my current role in two weeks to go travelling for a while.

It's been a cushy number for the most part, but not interesting or fulfilling.

I definitely can't complain. I work from home, I make good money & for the most part, I enjoy what I do. The hours are a little longer than I'd like at nine & a half hours a day but I'm compensated for every minute of it so, again, no complaints.
Is it my dream job? Nope. But, I did get to work my dream job for several years & it was a lot of fun while it lasted but it wasn't conducive to relationships or to family life because of the amount of time spent on the road. So, I gave it up while I raised my kids. Now that they're grown I've had offers to go back to it but I've no desire to. That chapter of my life is over for good.
So, I'm content doing what I do now until I retire.

No, not at all. I've been working my ass off the last 5 years to improve my position and I'm just about there. Hopefully within the next 18 mths my life will change drastically for the better. If not im taking 10k to vegas and seeing how many drugs and hookers it really takes to do me in.

Oh yeah good pay very low work load and I work from home!

I sequence brake discs and calipers for a living in a big car plant. It's hardly what I dreamed of as a youngster but it does me for now. Decent exercise each day and I don't get hassled by any bosses.

Back