Are you happy with your current job?

So far yes. Love my job. It’s the first job I have ever really really liked. A few years ago I worked the worst job I ever had, hated it.

not upset with it, but it ain't where I wanna be

serves a purpose though

i wouldn't go so far as to say i'm happy with my job, more like content.
easy work (for me), i'm well liked, high profile, decent pay and benefits, awesome fringe benefits, and solid networking opportunities.

i have had thoughts over the past year on working on my exit strategy from here nevertheless. been with the company 7 years, and tthere'll probably be some BOD and executive changes in the next few years, and i'm not sure if i want to stick around for either.

I work two jobs. I love one of them...like if I was so rich I didn't have to work I'd still do it. The other one is okay...I like the actual work well enough but I don't really fit socially and there's workplace politics that I'd rather not deal with.

My job is decent but boring. My boss is awesome so I got that going. I make decent pay and get 4 percent yearly raise and a separate cost of living raise. So I can’t complain. In 2012 I was making 11 bucks an hour and I’d be fucked right now if I still had that job. Prob wouldn’t be able to pay rent.

only thing I wish is there was more overtime opportunities. Over a year I might be able to get 100 hours total. I’d do way more OT if it was available.

Im never satisfied and always looking for upgrade. Unfortunately im in a union job where there is little to no room for advancement so i find myself plotting and daydreaming about starting a business/ investing in real estate. I make good money and have excellent benefits/pension so i might get there one day

Pretty solid union job. Been there 15 years and have it pretty dialed in. I get a new apprentice next week so we'll see how that goes. Last one was great. One before him was awful.

Im never satisfied and always looking for upgrade. Unfortunately im in a union job where there is little to no room for advancement so i find myself plotting and daydreaming about starting a business/ investing in real estate. I make good money and have excellent benefits/pension so i might get there one day
You sound like I was. Also union job but just bought my first rental. It's awesome and being union gives you plenty of time to work on it at work. Do it.

You sound like I was. Also union job but just bought my first rental. It's awesome and being union gives you plenty of time to work on it at work. Do it.

Good for u man. I'm always looking just not seeing alot of numbers that make sense in the current market. Ny state is not very landlord friendly and property/school taxes are anywhere from 5-10k a year.

Happy? Hell no.

Financially satisfied? HELL NO.

Why am I still working there? I won't be after I get my bonus.

I try not getting emotional about work. If it sucks, suck it up, build resilience and fortitude. Just do it. Too many little babies nowadays. Youre owed nothing except the time and effort you put into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back