Are you happy StrikeForce is gone?

NelmarksGhost

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone is glad to see another promotion eaten by the UFC. How many people want them to eat Bellator as well? Me, I kind of don't care anymore.

Thought it could have been kept as sort of a "minor league" for the UFC but eh, will be good to see some of the SF fighters in the UFC.

I'm indifferent.

There are advantages and disadvantages.

We now get to see the best of SF (guys like Cormier, Mousasi, Rockhold) against the UFC elite, which is awesome.

On the flipside, having another organization competing with the UFC was nice. This hasn't been happening since the UFC bought SF however. I guess I miss the pre-Zuffa SF.

No, same goes for Pride and Affliction. UFC has put on some of the crappiest cards ever since the demise of Pride and Affliction even though they took most of the top fighters from both.

yes, when Reem Hendo Diaz Shields Werdum Le were all in a dif org and could not fight top ufc fighters it sucked

Bellator is fine on there own but if the start splitting a huge chunk of top fighters ill feel different

StrikeForce was the last american promotion that was even close to being competition with the UFC. Bellator was never talked about as a serious competitor. In the end that little tombstone of Dana's is complete now.

It was inevitable. I think the exodus of talent to the UFC killed it's momentum and reduced it's quality either way, though I'm always up for more MMA on TV. I still miss WEC at times, but I realize the fighters that were in that organization brought a lot of entertainment to the UFC cards lately and gave me a lot of match-ups I wanted, so it's a necessary evil I suppose.

I used to love Strikeforce when it was our local promotion out here in the Bay
Then it had to go and be a sellout and start holding events all over the place
And now its dead
Meh

Yes.

Not only do we get:

-Cormier
-Mousasi
-Rockhold
-Souza
-Kennedy
-Larkin
-Gracie
-Saffiedine
-Marquart
-Melendez
-Healy
-Thompson
-Couture
-Noons

In the UFC, but those fighters and even the ones that were released can at least start to fight more than once or twice a year again.

Yes. I only wish it would have happened sooner. Maybe when Fedor was still around, not that it would mean he would have been signed, but a guy can still hope.

Just wondering if everyone is glad to see another promotion eaten by the UFC. How many people want them to eat Bellator as well? Me, I kind of don't care anymore.

I am sad.
they were doing good things,m and it was a good alternative to keep UFC honest (same as what happened to Hendo. When he thought he could make more money than UFC offered, he had a choice to go to SF; and it payed off.

The sport would evolve faster & better if MMA had more than one promotion.

Promotion's bottom line is to make money, not further the sport.
But give them competition, and Fighters can chose.

Now they have (almost) nowhere to go.

No I am not happy...It is another mma organization gone...

Pride, WEC, Strikeforce are all gone. I am so glad we still have Bellator though. And now that they are going to Spike, hopefully they will get a lot of new fans. They have live events every week, and put on good fights as well...

MMA needs smaller orgs. I mean what, is UFC supposed to have every top fighter in the world, yet rarely have free events? And the PPV cost only goes up too...

Pride, WEC, Strikeforce are all gone. I am so glad we still have Bellator though. And now that they are going to Spike, hopefully they will get a lot of new fans. They have live events every week, and put on good fights as well...

MMA needs smaller orgs. I mean what, is UFC supposed to have every top fighter in the world, yet rarely have free events? And the PPV cost only goes up too...

The Ufc puts on 15 to 16 free cards a year. How is that hardly ever putting on free cards?

yeah i won't miss it at all,

but liked shamrock and co, doing the commentating

Yes, we get to see more of Moose.

The UFC have plenty of free events. From a purely competitive stand point, the UFC having all the best fighters is the right move for fans.