Are You Going to Worlds???

$100 isnt that much considering the experince! Most of you would spend that much money on a pair of jeans, a night out on the town or to see a concert or sporting event.....so why not for BJJ?

Who the hell buys $100 jeans?

i will be going to mundials! womens 129lb and under blue belt.... my coach wants me to follow up the tradition.... and im happy to oblige

I have just registered. Whitebelt Adult Male Feather. This will be my second tournament, I went to the pan-ams and lost my first match by 4points, I am hoping to do better this time. I have been training for about 7mos (last 2 weeks off because of stupid flu).

I just wanted to see who else is going and what class you were competing in.

Good luck and I will see you there.

i think im going, just depends on money.. ill be competing at 155 begginer, probably will do no-gi only, possibly both

How long have you been a brown belt?

I think he's a fairly recent brown? But Jays has, as my brother would say in his messed up spanish, "mas pelotas que usted," (more balls than me.)

I'm hoping to make it Sunday to watch the black belts. For those asking "when and where" first of all SHEESH! Are you kidding? :wink: Secondly, it's in Long Beach at the Pyramid, June 5-8.

International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation

ugh not out of school yet and that is finals week so probably a no go for me, but damn if I wouldn't love to.

Who the hell buys $100 jeans?

I DON't but my girlfriend in her infinite sweetness bought me a pair of these:

http://www.buckle.com/media/images/products/dtl/10400A550_DRK_dtl_v1_m56577569831556701.jpg
$200
and these

http://www.buckle.com/media/images/products/dtl/170163MVOYWD_JSN_dtl_v1_m56577569831585823.jpg
$105

BTW If you guys are travelling to the championships I can make travel arrangements for you (FREE) and if enough people are going I am CERTAIN I can get a good group rate at a hotel.

PM me if interested.

Adult Blue Belt, Super heavy

geez you guys are little f*ckers! :)

I might go just to watch the black belts this year, would be nice to see Kron's debut as well as Galvao.

I DON't but my girlfriend in her infinite sweetness bought me a pair of these:

http://www.buckle.com/media/images/products/dtl/10400A550_DRK_dtl_v1_m56577569831556701.jpg
$200
and these

http://www.buckle.com/media/images/products/dtl/170163MVOYWD_JSN_dtl_v1_m56577569831585823.jpg
$105

BTW If you guys are travelling to the championships I can make travel arrangements for you (FREE) and if enough people are going I am CERTAIN I can get a good group rate at a hotel.

PM me if interested.

Wow. So by "girlfriend" you mean your buddy Tom? LOL Just kidding...kind of?

Would be interesting to get a group of Sherdoggers together at the Mundials. I think they did something similar last year? Anyone remember anything about that?

Adult Blue Belt, Super heavy

geez you guys are little f*ckers! :)

new rule no super heavy in the open wt. division. me i'm doing adult blue belt feather and the absolute if i'm lucky and they have one for the blue belts this year.

Ill be there competing. Whitebelt adult male feather.

this is gonna be my fourth tourny, i got 2nd at naga beginner, won my first 3 matches at panams, lost the next one by 3. then i got 2nd in whitebelt at the last grapplers quest.

I definitely going there to win. I've trained bjj for 3 and a half months. It'll be 4 by mundials. I do train a hell of a lot though.

good luck elcliffo, hope to see you there. where do you train at?

edit: something else i thought id just throw in, after you go to either pan-ams or worlds, all other tournaments start to be seen as nothing more then a warmup for panam/mundial. of course every tournament and competition matters, but nothing compares to the atmosphere of panams and worlds

Wish I could, Killed my travel budget going out to the Pan-Ams. I'll be doing both next year...and if I'm real lucky the Master/Senior worlds in Rio. Good luck to all who go.

TL

$100 isnt that much considering the experince! Most of you would spend that much money on a pair of jeans, a night out on the town or to see a concert or sporting event.....so why not for BJJ?

i don't spend 100$ on jeans.. send me some money.

I might go with two of my students, but doubt I will be able to compete as I am still recovering from achilles surgery. They will both be in the Blue Belt Juveniles.

Back