• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you a Blackjack or Poker guy?

Texas Hold 'em.

No question.

Any one can play the house, get lucky, and win money. But playing against another person, that takes balls.

Pfft, properly played blackjack over time is the game with the least amount of luck involved. There is no decision making, just playing out the properly prescribed hand for the cards dealt and the table conditions. A second year computer science student could write a program that will beat the house at blackjack.

Pfft, properly played blackjack over time is the game with the least amount of luck involved. There is no decision making, just playing out the properly prescribed hand for the cards dealt and the table conditions. A second year computer science student could write a program that will beat the house at blackjack.
I have found the most difficult part ofcounting cards is to train the eyes to make sure you are not blatantly looking at others cards. Although as I said in the op i usually only count when I am by myself.

But I agree. Its not difficult to make money playing blackjack

I have found the most difficult part ofcounting cards is to train the eyes to make sure you are not blatantly looking at others cards. Although as I said in the op i usually only count when I am by myself.

But I agree. Its not difficult to make money playing blackjack

Which count system do you use? I used to use Hi Lo Ace opt. I quit when it became drudge and grind. I was starting to hate playing because you’re essentially turning yourself into a robot.

My greatest challenge wasn’t disguising my play, which I never even really bothered with. The pit bosses know who the counters are, they just don’t care for the small timers like me who are only shoveling $50, at most $100 hands. Keeps the idiots who run on luck or bullshit surefire blackjack “strategies” thinking they can win when they see consistent table winnings.

I would just start making basic strategy mistakes six or eight hours into play, forgetting to surrender on certain 16s, for example. Robo blackjack is not for me.

Gearing up for a trip to Vegas this summer. Probably will be playing both at some point

Blackjack I enjoy because the whole table is against the dealer and it can be pretty fun provided everyone knows how to play. I do count cards ( although I usually only do so when I hve the table to myself)+ basic strategy, so I usually do pretty well. But it sorta depends. Sometimes, getting drunk and just playing is fun too.

Poker, i enjoy because of the atmosphere. Trying to fool the other players, etc. its fun stuff.

Anyways, for those who gamble: do you prefer blackjack or poker?

I'm going to Vegas in July for UFC 226!

Oh and I'm a blackjack guy. Although the few times I've played poker I did extremely well. Should probably play more

Which count system do you use? I used to use Hi Lo Ace opt. I quit when it became drudge and grind. I was starting to hate playing because you’re essentially turning yourself into a robot.

My greatest challenge wasn’t disguising my play, which I never even really bothered with. The pit bosses know who the counters are, they just don’t care for the small timers like me who are only shoveling $50, at most $100 hands. Keeps the idiots who run on luck or bullshit surefire blackjack “strategies” thinking they can win when they see consistent table winnings.

I would just start making basic strategy mistakes six or eight hours into play, forgetting to surrender on certain 16s, for example. Robo blackjack is not for me.
Hi Lo Ace opt. But I also shuffle track as well.

And I typically start at 100$ a hand and then move from there

Hi Lo Ace opt. But I also shuffle track as well.

And I typically start at 100$ a hand and then move from there

Yeah, more than $100/hand is more than college professor money, lol.

What's the most you've ever won/lost with what started with a single hand? I once was dealt a pair of aces at $100/hand with splits, resplits and doubles that ended up as an $800 loss.

Back