Are there more female or male fans of WMMA matches?

I remember a long time ago, Dana said 45% of the UFC fan base are now female (don’tbelievehislies.jpg).

Fast forward to 2020, there are 3-4 girl fights on any given card, many of them headlining the ESPN prelims or injected into the main card.

The UFC really seems to want to push WMMA, so much that there are girls that are 0-3 that still have a spot on the roster spot.

I just haven’t met too many girls who knew too much about MMA/UFC other than your average casual viewer.

wmma, in my opinion is purely a political move....if the ufc got rid of women, it would look terrible to pretty much everyone...and the media and women movements would be all over the ufc....fact is, the majority of wmma fights are boring as hell....they to separate the women from the men. you don't see women on nba teams....or nhl or nfl...so I don't think women should be in the ufc....have a women's mma organization...invicta...let them all fight there.

There is definitely an agenda. they are interdispersing womens sport in with the mens on the internet. as in they want you to accidentally click on the womens version and start watching it by mistake. Pisses me off. I get excited as it looks like a match i didnt know about it then i notice the w in front of it.

The agenda is called bringing in new audiences and making money. The introduction of WMMA into UFC brought in new fans into the sports and it allows to better market to women (which make up half the population). There are many female fighters with a sizable fanbases. Some these girls have million plus followers on Social Media. If WMMA didn't bring in a profit UFC would have gotten rid of it.

UFC can't get rid of WMMA because limp wrist starbucks type would scream for equality. So what they should do is put the divisions together.
Do you clowns want equality or do you want separation? Because they have their own safe house already and no one watches it.

Since were talking about female MMA fans...How many women are there on Sherdog?
There was a complete list compiled once. Pretty weird if you ask me, but the answer is lots. Still a tiny percentage of users though.

Back